off the Liberty today

dec2007w3boys

Well, cruise three is over....:( We had a great time on the Liberty. The staff was absolutely top notch, the ports were wonderful and the ship was in tip top condition. I will say the quality of the food on lido has diminished - lots of cold items (toast, waffels), the lines are like none we have experienced before (third Thanksgiving trip so used to crowds) and very hard time finding tables to eat at (I know not to eat at prime times, but tables still hard to find). That being said, I would give it a A rating and would do it again in a heart beat.

Other positives - our room steward, especially Utama who gave my middle son towel folding lessons every night. Our servers Divina and Sam - top notch. I did notice they had more rooms or tables to take care of and everyone seemed tired and overworked. Didn't stop them from putting a smile on their face though! Loved the band, the singers and the dancers. The shows were fantastic!

I enjoyed Butch the cruise director. Quite different then Todd W and Chris J - but I have enjoyed them all. I didn't care for one of the cruise director's entertainment staff Kaitlyn, Kay something (sp? exact name?) - she was very rude at a few points during the trip and her humor I did not find funny. Imagine our surprise when we heard she was promoted to an asst. cruise director. I would steer clear of her. Only negative person we encountered all week.

I will post a full review soon - but wanted to give a quick update.

Thankyou for posting your quick review, and I look forward to your full review. I was on the Liberty in October, and enjoyed my cruise very much. I liked the CD Butch also, though some others didnt. Anyway, I see also that you have done the Freedom, cruise to Panama in 2008. That is the ship and itinerary I have booked for 2010. :)

I was also on this cruise with my DH and 10 year old son. We had previously sailed on the Liberty a few years ago . . we had a great time and also thought the ship was in great condition.

We had a great cabin steward (Russel from Phillipines), fabulous waiters (Ida and Joucel), and the food was really good. We also enjoyed Butch and staff (although Butch is too chatty). We thought the production shows were some of the best we've seen. I couldn't believe it when a couple at lunch one day (RCCL fans) thought they were cheap and cheesy. . . I enjoyed them so much. The comedians and jugglers were just okay, not great.

No, you didn't have to bring the lifevests to the drill (much better). My son had a great time at Camp Carnival although he only went a few nights. We had a fun meet & greet at the lido aft bar and it was great meeting a few people that I had been corresponding with.

The only excursion we had was Dunns River Falls & tubing with Marva Shaw in Ocho Rios which was so much fun. went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and Royal Palms Beach in Grand Cayman . . both were wonderful beaches. We couldn't have had more beautiful weather on our port days.

The staff of the whole ship were really wonderful . . . friendly smiles each day. Butch says the Liberty has rec'd the highest ratings in the fleet for 34 weeks in a row and I can see how. hope to sail on the Liberty again some day.

Archived