Best Towel Animal Ever

mistybaby

Just off the Jewel - a terrific cruise. Had to post this picture of what after years of cruising, my family and I consider to be the best towel animal ever, hands down. Thanks to our wonderful cabin steward, Benjamin.

That's awesome Misty! Thanks for sharing! :D

Here's my favorite so far - room stewards, Leo and Tao on the Pearl to Alaska.

This is what we found on the evening of our anniversary! ;)

2054394080_Alaska2009792.jpg.8e0e6bc80a3f8e3ac13eef3ef5b33ab8.jpg

Just off the Jewel - a terrific cruise. Had to post this picture of what after years of cruising, my family and I consider to be the best towel animal ever, hands down. Thanks to our wonderful cabin steward, Benjamin.

I have to ask - were you scared at first? I'd have thought someone was in my bed :eek:

We walked in one day and found two people on our bed. One wearing my husbands clothes, hat, sandals and sunglasses the other in my clothes! We were sailing through the Panama Canal, the room was kind of dark, as we were dropping in the lock, scared the ........out of me! But he was an excellent steward, and did lots of things to entertain us!

my mother in law had brought the baby up first and told us due to the lighting she was taken aback, but "warned" us ahead of time. Also we bumped into the steward in the hall who told us he had left us a surprise. But, if we hadn't been "warned" i can see how it could cause some fright.

I must admit I love the towel animals. Our room steward on the Jewel this summer asked me at the beginning of our cruise what my favourite animals were. Each day, me made a different one for me, and on the second last day (my birthday) he made a towl monkey hanging over my bed with a card signed by the Captain and staff, holding a Happy Birthday balloon.

It was absolutely fantastic. :D

The swans are beautiful. I have had swans but none so elaborate.

I'd freak if I got a towel person! You'd probably be able to hear me scream 2 decks away. :eek: Wonder how long it took to make that?

The best one I ever got was a monkey.

We had one of those last year on the Dream....It scared the heck out of me when I walked in the room!! At first glance I thought it was a person!!

The swans are beautiful. I have had swans but none so elaborate.

I'd freak if I got a towel person! You'd probably be able to hear me scream 2 decks away. :eek: Wonder how long it took to make that?

The best one I ever got was a monkey.

They were beautiful! I have never had a monkey...maybe in January. :)

I've seen pictures and they are really cute! ;)

Love the elephants too. :p

The towel people are kinda creepy to me. A lot of work I would think!

We haven't had any of the "people" towels however, on our "SUN" cruise a few years back ...... we had 7 different animals / one for each night. Our cabin stewart let my son keep them all without tearing them apart to make a new one. This was great because my son had is own little zoo going on.

OceanDreams

We had Benjamin as a cabin steward on the Pearl two years ago when we took the nine day southern Carribbean cruise. He also made us a towel person.

We were staying in a courtyard penthouse and when we came back to the cabin, Benjamin, his assistant and Denny our butler, were standing in the hallway outside our cabin...

As we walked up, Benjamin said we had a visitor in our cabin... of course, I didn't see this visitor until I looked in the bedroom and there he was - stretched out on the bed wearing my clothes...

Benjamin, his assistant and Denny were all behind me doubled over with laughter... but this is when we started to have fun...

I took the towel person and I put him in a chair for the night and the next day, we were in port, so I hauled him out on the balcony and put some sunglasses on him...

You should have seen Benjamin's face when he came into clean the cabin...

For the rest of the cruise, I kept moving the man all around the cabin and Benjamin would come in and move him somewhere else...

It really got to be fun and it is something I will never forget...

Thanks for the memories...

This is how they make the person one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3TACXQ5CqE

Strangely, I don't want to watch that. I sort of want to keep it all a mystery and just enjoy the final product. Sort of like finding out how a magic trick is performed - knowing how they do the trick diminishes the enjoyment of the end result.

Mark

Archived