AOS Recent Cruisers????

Adventure is an awesome ship with a great crew and the southern itineraries that she sails are excellent. I have sailed her three years in a row. That should give you some idea of how much I like her. I am only switching next year because I want to try Independence. After that I am heading back down to the southern itineraries.

We really enjoyed the AOS - No problems - it was a great ship. Only a few items that I noted - One night I didn't really like the menu so I had the Chops steak ... it was very good. One person was not very nice when he boarded the ship as they took his alcohol away from him and he was very nasty to the ship personnel ... he was a total jerk.

Everything else was perfect ..........except they made us leave at the end of the week! Jan

Just off AOS yesterday. I would give it an 8. This was our first time on Royal Caribbean and we were very pleased. We were in a suite and the suite amenities certainly contributed to a great cruise. Food was very good, however, there were fewer choices each evening than we had on other cruise lines. The boat had to be close to full, but never a problem getting a chair at the pool and never waited for dinner (we did My Time Dining). The cabin was great. The balcony had an enclosed feel to it with little sun. DH preferred this, but I like more of an open feel. Overall, a wonderful cruise.

I would rate my cruise on the AOS a 9-10. We were also in a suite (first time) and just loved the space, the concierge lounge, and reserved chairs for the pool and shows. Food was good, islands were great, service on board great (we did MTD), I can't think of anything to complain about except flying into the San Juan airport.

Got off the AOS Nov 22nd. Fabulous cruise, great weather, wonderful staff! It amazes me when I read food complaints - there is so much to choose from. Our balcony cabin was great and we watched 4 of 5 dockings from our port side. Lots of chairs by the pool and for a ship that size, you'd never realize the number of people on board except maybe for at the parades - but still lots of fun. You'll love it.

If you have recently cruised on the Adventure of the Seas, how would you rate your overall experience. 10 = excellent; 5 = mediocre; 1 = lousy and please include your comments as to why you've chosen the rating you did.

Thanks!

I would rate the AOS 8. We cruised Feb. 2009 and will be on the Feb. 28th 2010 cruise. We have an 8 and a 5 year old. We could not believe how much they liked it. Especially the kids club. They did not want to get off the ship while in port.

What about fellow cruisers? I have seen a lot of complaints about the other people on board, and their behavior??

We did not encounter any bad behavior by anyone on board. I was concerned about that also. We are going again in Feb.

What about fellow cruisers? I have seen a lot of complaints about the other people on board, and their behavior??

You are correct. That subject seems to be mentioned from time to time around here and particularly directed at the Puerto Rican people aboard the ship regarding their behavior, speaking spanish, and the number of them aboard (though I don't know what one would expect to find on a ship sailing out of San Juan). Hmmm, what predominent nationality would I expect to find on a ship sailing out of Liverpool? Anyway, this is what I have to say about it....

I love sailing out of San Juan. It is my favorite departure port for many different reasons. And one of those reasons happens to be the Puerto Rican people. They are of latin culture so yes they can be boisterous, they love their music, and sometimes you may think that they are not quite sure what the purpose of a line is. However, they are also very kind and generous and will go out of their way to try and help you if you need it. And they do love to have fun when they are on vacation. I have also found them to be a very inclusive people. If you show any interest in hanging out with them and taking part in their cuture and ways, they are more than happy to include you in their group and activities. And yes, they speak spanish. Get over it. Why should they feel obligated to speak english just to appease other cruisers on the ship? The Puerto Ricans are paying customers just like the folks who speak english, or any other language, as a first language. They are not paid crew who are there to take care of the english speaking guests.

I traveled pretty extensively when I was a kid and one thing I always enjoyed was hanging out with people from different countries and cultures. I can stay home and hang out with Americans. The great thing about cruising is having so many nationalities, and cultures, represented in one place. Try embracing the latino culture while you are aboard Adventure and maybe, just maybe, when you return home you will look back on your time aboard this ship and realize just how special, and unique, your time on her was.

Sailed AOS in June and had heard all the negatives. We LOVED AOS and we loved San Juan. We stayed 1 night prior to cruise. Hotel Staff, taxi drivers, clerks in the shops were wonderful, friendly, helpful. We like to say we travel in packs (there are 8 of us) and we are from 16 to 75 (family). We are from the deep South and like to think of ourselves as experts in "hospitality." Without exception, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Are there lots of PR's on this cruise? Absolutely. The ship sails from PR. Was it a problem? Absolutely not. The PR guests at the hotel and the guests on the ship were some of the nicest, friendliest ever. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have the opportunity to do the same cruise again.

You are correct. That subject seems to be mentioned from time to time around here and particularly directed at the Puerto Rican people aboard the ship regarding their behavior, speaking spanish, and the number of them aboard (though I don't know what one would expect to find on a ship sailing out of San Juan). Hmmm, what predominent nationality would I expect to find on a ship sailing out of Liverpool? Anyway, this is what I have to say about it....

I love sailing out of San Juan. It is my favorite departure port for many different reasons. And one of those reasons happens to be the Puerto Rican people. They are of latin culture so yes they can be boisterous, they love their music, and sometimes you may think that they are not quite sure what the purpose of a line is. However, they are also very kind and generous and will go out of their way to try and help you if you need it. And they do love to have fun when they are on vacation. I have also found them to be a very inclusive people. If you show any interest in hanging out with them and taking part in their cuture and ways, they are more than happy to include you in their group and activities. And yes, they speak spanish. Get over it. Why should they feel obligated to speak english just to appease other cruisers on the ship? The Puerto Ricans are paying customers just like the folks who speak english, or any other language, as a first language. They are not paid crew who are there to take care of the english speaking guests.

I traveled pretty extensively when I was a kid and one thing I always enjoyed was hanging out with people from different countries and cultures. I can stay home and hang out with Americans. The great thing about cruising is having so many nationalities, and cultures, represented in one place. Try embracing the latino culture while you are aboard Adventure and maybe, just maybe, when you return home you will look back on your time aboard this ship and realize just how special, and unique, your time on her was.

Having visited Puerto Rico on many occasions over the years, and having also sailed from there, I am in total greement with your post. We have never encountered any problems. As a matter of fact, we have noticed that the children and teenagers appear to be far more respectful of their parents than many of those from the US. ;)

I guess I should have mentioned that it is NOT the Puerto Rican people I am concerned over. I speak Spanish and am very well traveled, been to PR several times and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I was concerned about the OVERALL behavior of the other passengers-not particularly the Puerto Rican people on board. Unruly behavior occurs everywhere, and I personally think that what I have seen on vacation has been from Caucasian Americans, but let's not go there.

I guess I should have mentioned that it is NOT the Puerto Rican people I am concerned over. I speak Spanish and am very well traveled, been to PR several times and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I was concerned about the OVERALL behavior of the other passengers-not particularly the Puerto Rican people on board. Unruly behavior occurs everywhere, and I personally think that what I have seen on vacation has been from Caucasian Americans, but let's not go there.

We were on AOS last month and witnessed absolutely NONE OF THIS!!!!!!

I have to agree with Ocean Boy, his post was spot on. Yes, PR can get loud, dance, and have a good time, it is part of their culture. The ship is leaving from their country, there are going to be a lot of them on there. THEY HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!! Isn't that what cruising and a vacation is all about. One last thing about PR, they really get dressed up for formal night, and I mean dress up. You will be pleasantly surprized about this one, I was impressed, they really get into it!

The only negative I have is with the airport and it's staff. They have the rudest and least accomodating staff of any ship/airport/business I have ever been to. I even have a customer that was born and raised in San Juan. When we got back I asked him what his take on the airport was. His response was, "Those people that work at the airport have no respect for anyone, it does not matter whether you are from the United States, San Juan, a resident of Puereto Rico, or any other country for that matter. They don't even like their own families. "

As far as rating the ship and the cruise, ship gets a 9, cruise gets an 8. No ship is ever perfect and I'm not gonna waste my time or yours on why no 10, it is not worth it. The cruise itself was an 8 due to itinerary. I personally did not like Aruba BUT that is only my opinion, others will love it and if your itinerary includes Aruba, explore the island and visit the beaches, make your own decision.

You will have a great cruise. GO FOR IT!!!!!

Tim

We had a fantastic time last December . No problem giving it a 8 rating. Dee Dee in the C.L. made it special. Dinner at the Captains table, aft facing suite, whats not to enjoy. Enjoyed the P.R. passengers. We had read a lot regarding the locals, so we knew what to expect and had no problem. They sure know how to party. We enjoyed the AOS so much we are on it again next month on a different route. Spend some extra time in San Juan if you can.

I was on AOS for the last three years. I can tell you our last cruise in August we did notice that service had deteriorated. Took forever to get your room made up and if you asked for something they made excuses.

No bar service in the dining room was a big disappointment. We tried ordering at a bar before we went in and they made the drinks wrong.

Alot of the little touches seemed to have disappeared. Trying a different cruise line next year.

The second time we were on AOS was in July 2009 - rating it a "10" and our favorite RCI ship! Absolutely the BEST service of any ship, IMO. We were on the ship in its inaugural season and it is still a great experience and we would go on it at any time :)

To the prior poster: There is definitely bar service available in the dining room. Just ask your Assistant Waiter. On a cruise, or whenever service seems to be lacking, my motto is "Just ask"! The worst that can happen is that you receive a negative response.

We were on the AOS in late September and we encountered NO rude people of any nationality, unlike our cruise on the Crown Princess back in 2004 where we encountered many people berating the ship staff for everything from the weather to the amount of strollers onboard-YIKES!!

Archived