Early Saver works!!!

Gulf Breezer

I booked our sixth cruise with Carnival a mere 2 weeks ago. I went ahead and booked Early Saver for the first time. I got a great rate in the first place in my opinion. I was checking Carnival's web site over the weekend and noticed a drop in price. I submitted the form and really didn't expect to hear back from them. A couple of days later, I received an e-mail and a price reduction of $20 per person. That was so easy! It may not seem like much, but it will buy a few drinks. Thanks to you all who post here for all your useful information. I love this forum!

congrats. $20 each will buy a few drinks ;). i havnt gotten a drop on my alaska cruise yet :(. i keep checking on each cruise and the price just keeps going up. someday i hope to get a discount or obc. have a great time.

I booked our sixth cruise with Carnival a mere 2 weeks ago. I went ahead and booked Early Saver for the first time. I got a great rate in the first place in my opinion. I was checking Carnival's web site over the weekend and noticed a drop in price. I submitted the form and really didn't expect to hear back from them. A couple of days later, I received an e-mail and a price reduction of $20 per person. That was so easy! It may not seem like much, but it will buy a few drinks. Thanks to you all who post here for all your useful information. I love this forum!

Keep looking... I booked ES and we had three drops for a total of $180 EACH. All were after final payment and made a nice OBC. The second drop I had to redo cause I gave wrong e-mail addy. I dont think any took over 48 hours to get. Best one was the last drop I thought we should get $40, but it had changed yet one more time and we got $80 each thanks to Carnival. I will book ES again ... and I hope soon. LOL

I cant say Im that thrilled, every price drop, for every reason under the sun I dont get. Yesterday finally a bonafied price drop, Im in a 1A, IS shows as $30 pp less. Only reason there is only a IS, the 4A was sold out, but obviously someone is going to take the free upgrades on past guest ... so today the 4A pops back up at $30 less per person ... and cant reach my PVP. Probably too late since she upgraded me yesterday, since she couldnt give me the price drop and now they are going to say I cant downgrade.

Im pretty frustrated with ES myself.

I am very happy with the ES rate. We booked early, took the rate we were happy with and picked out exactly the cabin we wanted.

Haven't received a price drop OBC yet but the rates on our cabin have gone up 200 pp since booking. Worked out well for us but I did read and understand all the limitations beforehand (no changes, no cancellations, etc)

ES has been working for our group. We have 14 people - 6 in balcony rooms and 8 in OV. Since booking, the OV rooms have dropped $40/person and the balconies $110/person. Told my PVP if the balcony rooms got any lower I was going to trade up! BTW, my PVP is great - I just e him that I've seen a price decrease and he submits the forms. I usually get a confirmation e-mail within the next few days. LOVE MY PVP!!

I am very happy with the ES rate. We booked early, took the rate we were happy with and picked out exactly the cabin we wanted.

Haven't received a price drop OBC yet but the rates on our cabin have gone up 200 pp since booking. Worked out well for us but I did read and understand all the limitations beforehand (no changes, no cancellations, etc)

Same here.

I know this is lame but can someone tell me how I can access the website to see what I paid? Stupid huh? I know the rate is higher now then when I booked, I know how much I put as a deposit, but I dont really know the total price and what I owe in January and cant figure out where to look it up. Like, what if I wanted to make final payment today,,where would I go?

I need to figure this out so I can watch for a price drop. That ES rate was so low.....

To access your cruise info, you have to create an account with Carnivals website, once you have one, you can log into the MY CRUISE tab on the top of the website and it will redirect you to an area with all your cruise info, including amount left to pay, due date, an option to pay online, book excursions, spa and dinner appointments. You can also complete your fun pass here.

I know this is lame but can someone tell me how I can access the website to see what I paid? Stupid huh? I know the rate is higher now then when I booked, I know how much I put as a deposit, but I dont really know the total price and what I owe in January and cant figure out where to look it up. Like, what if I wanted to make final payment today,,where would I go?

I need to figure this out so I can watch for a price drop. That ES rate was so low.....

i hope i can help. go too the carnival site and register. click on on my reservation. i bookmark this page for carnival. your reservation will come up. it will show your sail date and itinerary, plus how many days are left for your cruise. on the left side of the screen is a menu. at the bottom click on modify booking. the page will show all your info and at the bottom will be the breakdown of your purchase. also from this menu on the left you can purchase tours, items from the gift services and many other things. good luck and have fun.

Ron, I was going to ask for the same help! :confused:

I actually figured it out, sort of.

Go the the carnival main page and click on the MYCRUISE on top. After you login on the left hand side of the screen will be choices like Plan Activities, My Documents, Gifts and services. The last choice will be Manage Bookings. Put your curser on that and a pull down menu will show up and click on Make Payment. The screen will show you what you owe for final payment and what you put down already.

The problem is that number is total price. When you look at ES rates they don't include port taxes etc but on this screen you get the total amount you paid and owe whcih includes all the taxes.

First cruise. First ES. It's been awesome!... and really easy. I just fill out the form and receive my confirmation in a day or 2. The price has dropped I think 4 times now...? not sure, loosing track. lol (but I keep all the email confirmations) We've saved $180 each... so far. We're sitting with $300 OBC now. Checking the prices daily is as much my routine now as brushing my teeth :D

i havnt gotten a drop on my alaska cruise yet i keep checking on each cruise and the price just keeps going up.

This is the other upside to the program. You locked in a good price to start. as the economy improves, and normal price movement (upward) resumes, I would anticipate that we hear will fewer stories about refunds and on-board credit. (especially with the way that they have sliced each category into many sub-categories 8a, 8b, 8c, etc.)

Yeah!!

Keep checking for price drops - especially as you get closer to ES rates not being available!

This is the other upside to the program. You locked in a good price to start. as the economy improves, and normal price movement (upward) resumes, I would anticipate that we hear will fewer stories about refunds and on-board credit. (especially with the way that they have sliced each category into many sub-categories 8a, 8b, 8c, etc.)

ya, you are right but i would still like too get a reduction in the cabin like others have ;). i keep checking and someday i will get lucky.

It does work for sure. We booked 3 people on the Valor - Balcony cabin at a price of $2037 back in April. Between April and September we received 3 price drops totaling $200. So our tips are paid!

Do you just check the carnival web site for price drops? I booked early saver for a July Alaska cruise and have been checking daily -- but no such luck yet.

Archived