ES vs FS

hdavidson

With Early Saver you'll get any price drops provided you submit hte Price Protection Claim form. Fun saver does not have that ability. If, however, you did book Fun Saver and later noticed a lower price you always could cancel and re-book provided you're not within the 70 day grace period; or is it 90 days? Can't remember.

Thank you for posting this. I have been searching the Carnival website, and haven't found the answer.

We booked the Fascination for 12/2010 as a Fun Saver Balcony guarantee. There are no options for booking as ES or a specific cabin yet until after the refit. We did this in order to be sure we got a balcony (I'm worried they'll be sold out for the holidays.)

Can I request a certain cabin once the refit is done and there are actual balcony cabins? Or if I'm booked under fun saver, do I just take what I am assigned? I've always booked a specific cabin before.

Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. I have been searching the Carnival website, and haven't found the answer.

We booked the Fascination for 12/2010 as a Fun Saver Balcony guarantee. There are no options for booking as ES or a specific cabin yet until after the refit. We did this in order to be sure we got a balcony (I'm worried they'll be sold out for the holidays.)

Can I request a certain cabin once the refit is done and there are actual balcony cabins? Or if I'm booked under fun saver, do I just take what I am assigned? I've always booked a specific cabin before.

Thanks!

All the December 2010 Fascination dates I see on the Web Page have Early Saver Bookings???? If there are (now) Early Saver Bookings your agent should be able to switch you over to Early Saver if you want (make sure you understand the pros and cons of Early Saver). ken

All the December 2010 Fascination dates I see on the Web Page have Early Saver Bookings???? If there are (now) Early Saver Bookings your agent should be able to switch you over to Early Saver if you want (make sure you understand the pros and cons of Early Saver). ken

Thanks, I'll check. I haven't been on Carnival.com this week yet, I'm trying to be patient, 379 days is a LOONNNNGGGGG time to wait!

I am going to call after the refit and see what I can do in regards to booking a specific cabin, and how much they will charge to do so.

Thanks again!

Edit: I checked, and Balcony's are only available in FUN saver rate right now, no EARLY saver yet. So I can't choose my cabin yet....dang.

Thanks, I'll check. I haven't been on Carnival.com this week yet, I'm trying to be patient, 379 days is a LOONNNNGGGGG time to wait! (Try 439 days!!!)

I am going to call after the refit and see what I can do in regards to booking a specific cabin, and how much they will charge to do so.

Thanks again!

Edit: I checked, and Balcony's are only available in FUN saver rate right now, no Early Saver yet. That's interesting; no FunSelect, no EarlySaver, just FunSaver. So I can't choose my cabin yet....dang.

ken

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, you should call Carnival directly and specifically ASK for the ES rates. They do have them but they may not be advertised. In either the FunSaver or ES rates, you can ask for a specific cabin if you are booking early and that cabin is available. I do it every time and my PVP from Carnival always gives me the room I request as long as it is not booked.

I know that the ES rates are cheaper and they say that you cannot select your own room, but keep in mind that CCL is in business to accommodate their passengers. They need the business. Now, if you are sailing during peak season and the ship is going to fill up, you have less leverage with special requests. I usually sail in Sept for the cost savings and with a ship 30% empty will afford me more options in special requests.

Mr. T

Actually, you should call Carnival directly and specifically ASK for the ES rates. They do have them but they may not be advertised. In either the FunSaver or ES rates, you can ask for a specific cabin if you are booking early and that cabin is available. I do it every time and my PVP from Carnival always gives me the room I request as long as it is not booked.

I know that the ES rates are cheaper and they say that you cannot select your own room, but keep in mind that CCL is in business to accommodate their passengers. They need the business. Now, if you are sailing during peak season and the ship is going to fill up, you have less leverage with special requests. I usually sail in Sept for the cost savings and with a ship 30% empty will afford me more options in special requests.

Mr. T

With ES you do select your room

Thanks!

I emailed my PVP and I cannot book a specific cabin until the refit. They don't know for sure which aft balconies will be 3 person rooms.

I've tried several times to request a specific room and she says if I book an ov that is going to be a balcony, they'll move me to an OV after the refit and not keep me in the balcony.

So since we are one of the first to book a balcony, we are guaranteed a balcony. I just have to call in February and then I can change my reservation to a Fun select or early saver.

I'm glad I called her to clarify. Plus, all of the info here helped me out too! Thanks again!

Thanks!

I emailed my PVP and I cannot book a specific cabin until the refit (which is what I told you above). They don't know for sure which aft balconies will be 3 person rooms. (they know, just look at deck plans. The same cabins that hold 3 now will hold 3 when they are balconies)

I've tried several times to request a specific room and she says if I book an ov that is going to be a balcony, they'll move me to an OV after the refit and not keep me in the balcony.

So since we are one of the first to book a balcony, we are guaranteed a balcony. I just have to call in February and then I can change my reservation to a Fun select or early saver.

I'm glad I called her to clarify. Plus, all of the info here helped me out too! Thanks again!

I booked a OV I knew would be a balcony, and then got called to either pay $120 pp more pp or I would be moved to another cabin still a OV.

As far as not knowing which cabins will be for 3, why wouldnt your PVP know. I knew and so did my PVP. The ones that hold 3 now will hold 3 later. They are already marked ... but as I said you cant pick a cabin now or you will be moved if they will still let you book those OVs. Its pretty easy to tell which will be balconys too. I just looked at the Sensation when I was booking the Ecstasy, its not that hard to figure out.

Sounds like your PVP is still not being that clear with you. I went thru exactly the same situation with Ecstasy ... except I booked before Carnival even announced the balconies being added. I just knew because of Sensation. Im guessing by now if they announced the guarantee balconies you couldnt book those OVs now by picking them.

I booked a OV I knew would be a balcony, and then got called to either pay $120 pp more pp or I would be moved to another cabin still a OV.

As far as not knowing which cabins will be for 3, why wouldnt your PVP know. I knew and so did my PVP. The ones that hold 3 now will hold 3 later. They are already marked ... but as I said you cant pick a cabin now or you will be moved if they will still let you book those OVs. Its pretty easy to tell which will be balconys too. I just looked at the Sensation when I was booking the Ecstasy, its not that hard to figure out.

Sounds like your PVP is still not being that clear with you. I went thru exactly the same situation with Ecstasy ... except I booked before Carnival even announced the balconies being added. I just knew because of Sensation. Im guessing by now if they announced the guarantee balconies you couldnt book those OVs now by picking them.

Not trying to pick a fight or argue with you...sorry.

My PVP is a supervisor, so I think she would know how things should go...(I booked after the announcement for the refit).

I've researched this up and down and tried to find which cabins aft will be 3 person, but deck plans for 2 ships refitted show different things...FOr some reason, after the website update, I can't see deck plans yet, so maybe the info is on there now.

For example, for Sensation and Ecstasy, and the aft balconies show 2 or 3 different things for cabins. Sensation shows U243 as 2 person, Ecstasy shows it as 3 person. the only 3 person on Sensation is E243. (This is deck plans on Carnival site)

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it until February. Not a deal breaker for me. I'm not going to waste time worrying about it or bugging my PVP.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Not trying to pick a fight or argue with you...sorry.

My PVP is a supervisor, so I think she would know how things should go...(I booked after the announcement for the refit)..

I knew because I had gone thru it myself with Ecstasy. We had many supervisors in on it when they decided to move me out of my OV if I didnt pay more. I found out way more than I wanted to know about it. :rolleyes:

Yes, I understood you were booking after the announcement of the refit. I knew it was coming is why I rushed to book a cabin I knew would be a OV ... then it got messy.

PS there are some cabins marked with 2 beds, that can hold a rollaway ... and some that cant. It has to be designed as a 3 person cabin, even if there are only 2 beds.

We wound up cancelling the booking (even though it was ES) thru supervisors, because Revenue kept calling my mom and threatening her. We couldnt figure out where they got her phone # and Revenue refused to call me when my mom would tell them to call me. It was messy.

Sounds like it is more of a hassle than it's worth.

Have you noticed that the plans are different on the 2 ships refitted? (the difference in 3 person cabins on Sensation/Ecstasy?) Or is it an error on the plans and the cabins are the same, just not showing it? ARGH! EDIT: OOPS, I think we were typing at the same time!

Can you see deck plans on the website since the changes? I've logged out/in and nothing yet.

Lisa

Sounds like it is more of a hassle than it's worth.

Have you noticed that the plans are different on the 2 ships refitted? (the difference in 3 person cabins on Sensation/Ecstasy?) Or is it an error on the plans and the cabins are the same, just not showing it? ARGH! EDIT: OOPS, I think we were typing at the same time!

Can you see deck plans on the website since the changes? I've logged out/in and nothing yet.

Lisa

There were some differences between Sensation and Ecstasy as far as quads too, but I still could use the regular Ecstasy deck plans and my PVP could see which ones took rollaways... but yes, the two ships arent identical. I only used the Sensation deck plans to see which were balconys. Then I used Ecstasy plans to avoid the quads since we were only 2 people and I didnt want to give them a excuse to move us from a quad. We used a combination of both deckplans.

Anyway, Im not going then, but about a week later. We buried the original booking to keep Revenue from bothering my mom any more. My elderly mom was getting upset with threatening messages being left.

With ES you do select your room

apologies on my typo. I MEANT with the FunSaver (FS) rates, not the ES rates. Their web site says that you cannot select your room number with FunSaver, but as I was trying to explain, Carnival has always tried to accommodate my requests whether their "rules" said it was or wasn't allowed. I have always gotten specific rooms as I do my best to insulate any exterior disturbances for those few hours when I do sleep onboard. Didn't mean to 'ruffle feathers' with my typo; was only trying to help with info from my personal experiences.

Archived