Better to fly into IAH or HOU for Galveston?

tigervixxxen

The cost is exactly the same for me to fly into either IAH or HOU airports in Houston. I understand the HOU (Hobby) airport is smaller but is it cheaper/easier to get to the Galveston port from there? Or is it easier just to go with the larger airport and stick with IAH (Bush)?

Hobby gets my vote for the Houston airport we use for Galveston cruises.

RCCL has not, in the past, offered transfer service from Hobby, only IAH. Call RCCL and ask them about what is available.

As for taxi, don't know. We use a limo service (town car), aout $120.00 each way including tip for driver.

We used to do a rent a car one way for each end of the cruise, but there are no rental car operations that are open in Galveston on Sundays. We have also just rented a car for the entire period and paid to park for the week, but the rental car costs plus parking (for this year) were quite a bit greater than the cost of a limo and a driver.

Hypo

Hobby gets my vote for the Houston airport we use for Galveston cruises.

RCCL has not, in the past, offered transfer service from Hobby, only IAH. Call RCCL and ask them about what is available.

As for taxi, don't know. We use a limo service (town car), aout $120.00 each way including tip for driver.

We used to do a rent a car one way for each end of the cruise, but there are no rental car operations that are open in Galveston on Sundays. We have also just rented a car for the entire period and paid to park for the week, but the rental car costs plus parking (for this year) were quite a bit greater than the cost of a limo and a driver.

Hypo

Can you tell me what limo service you used, and were you pleased with them?

Bob

Archived