Is MDR open for lunch on embarkation day?

primetimegirl

It is very nice on NCL. No lines, no pushing or shoving, just a nice relaxing way to start your cruise. I didn’t realize that the MDRs were not open on port days! That’s another difference between Carnival and NCL. This is our first cruise on Carnival; we have only cruised on NCL before.

It is all buffet on embarcation day. I enjoy getting there early getting a table by the pool where I can see every one coming out onto deck for the first time and then ordering a few DODs :D and eating some chicken strips and fries.

That is the life

No MDR on embarkation day, but the Lido Buffet is more than adequate for lunch offerings. Also I do believe that Fish and Chips station, one level up form the Lido is also open. Im not certain, but I believe you can also get a burger or hot dog from the grill, and pizza. I can always find something I like for lunch on embarkation day.:)

It is very nice on NCL. No lines, no pushing or shoving, just a nice relaxing way to start your cruise. I didn’t realize that the MDRs were not open on port days! That’s another difference between Carnival and NCL. This is our first cruise on Carnival; we have only cruised on NCL before.

Has anyone really ever been pushed or shoved????.....C'mon it may be busy at times, but I have never seen any of this......

On one cruise we were in line at the buffet on embarkation and a person let his friends -3 people in line. It wasn't a big deal to me, yet the folks behind us were alittle bummed out. This was not on Carnival. Other cruise lines fans seem to complain about Carnival but the only really rude folks I've ever encountered were on another cruiseline that supposedly caters to a more affluent cruiser.

Dang it!!

I was hoping I had just missed reading about it. My wife said the

Glory had it and I have been wanting to try it..maybe someday

It's on all the Conquest class ships.....Hello neighbor I live in Collierville.....Dennis

MDR opens for dinner on embarkation day.

Give some thought to how very busy that day is for the crew. Without question, it is the hardest of the 7 days (or 3 or 4 or whatever). We always try to be very self sufficient that day. :)

No MDR on embarkation day, but the Lido Buffet is more than adequate for lunch offerings. Also I do believe that Fish and Chips station, one level up form the Lido is also open. Im not certain, but I believe you can also get a burger or hot dog from the grill, and pizza. I can always find something I like for lunch on embarkation day.:)

If I remember correctly there is NO Fish and Chips on the Triumph.

Archived