You ladies (and gents) will be sooo proud of me..

Hello everyone!

I leave this saturday on the Navigator for a five night. I just wanted to share with all of you that as I finished packing...I realized that I am taking 4 yes 4 beautiful dresses that I will wear on the first 4 nights, the last night I plan to make it a party night so I have packed myself a nice pair of tight pants (I am 31 LOL) and a beautiful shiny halter top wearing everything with very nice high heels of course....

My BF is taking a suit but he hates ties so he wont be wearing one..oh well his shirts are super nice armani shirts so with his jacket and pants he will still look very handsome...

See even young people love to dress up. He actually ENJOYS watching me transform myself in the evenings,,,,and I in turn love the attention and love to get dolled up for dinner...

I just wanted to share with you to "put a little smile on your face...make the world a better place.." (like the song LOL)

Happy sailings!:p;):D:):p;)

Claudia

I must be missing something but what you wear doesn't affect my dining experience. It's great that you are able to dress up since that makes you happy but not everyone wants to do that every night.

Excuse me, Steponboard, but why are you being so obnoxious? She said nothing about how what she was going to do would impact *you* but how it would make *her* feel. I think that it is great that there are 30-somethings that enjoy getting dressed up. If you choose not to, then that's your choice. But please do not feel compelled to come down on others needlessly.

Guess what...it makes me happy and I just wanted to share a little of my happiness with you all...

I guess I am just in cruise mode right now and I am excited and wanted to share a little bit of it with my cruise critic friends.....some people....aaaahhh:(

Claudia

Claudia - It's been a couple of decades since I was 31 (OMG did I just say that??) but one of my favorite parts of cruising is getting 'dressed up' in a way that I rarely get to at home. Let us know how the trip goes. DH and I will be on the NOS Jan. 7 to celebrate my 55th on the 9th. Can't wait to 'WOW' it up a little. :D

Thank you Breti for your support....it is amazing how some people are just so miserable that they will just deplete all of the joy and good natured happiness of some people. I hope everyone knows and can tell how excited I am to be taking the first cruise with the love of my life and we are so excited to spend quality time with each other for five days on the sea....I am like in a natural high...

Steponboard, I am intelligent enough to know that what I wear will not affect how some people feel at dinner...but to some it will! I actually ENJOY seeing people wearing nice things, maybe not fancy and all out like I am doing on this cruise, but NICE decent clothes...please dont tell me that your dinner experience will not be affected if the couple next to you shows up wearing overalls, or shorts with flip flops and a dirty fishing shirt (no offense to fishermans because my BF and I are avid fishing people)

Off my soap box, back to listeing to Bob marley and finishing my Bahama Mama! Ha!

Love to all of my cruise friends

Claudia:)

WOW! Just as I finished posting I realized how many of you wrote very nice and supporting things....to all of you thank you times one million!

I will DEFINETLY post a detailed review upon my return with lots of pics...

I promise....

Thank you again for all of your kind words!!!!

Claudia

Pat congratulations on your 55 young years...i want to say it in Spanish for you becuase we say it in such a beautiful way:

"Felicidades por tus 55 bellas primaveras" It translates into "congratulations on your 55 beautiful springs" (doesnt sound as preety in english)

Claudia

That was beautiful!:D Thank you.

I have always believed that 'age' is a number that you can't change.

How you live is in the mind and heart.

Don't worry what others think...Enjoy your cruise your way.

BTW - we have a place on Maryland's Eastern Shore and LOVE fishing!:D

Good for you, Happyteacher! I'm 43 and still love dressing up, and on my first cruise when I was in my 20s I was also thrilled to dress up! I don't understand how some women find pants and a shirt less comfy than a dress anyway! :) Have a great cruise.

DW and I went on our first cruise when we were your age (were now in mid to late 40s) and had a blast dressing up. Now we cruise with our 12yo son, and he, too, enjoys getting dressed up (it is never a chore for him). We're off for a 14 day Explorer cruise on Dec 20, so will be out for Christmas and New Year.

Have a blast!

Happy Teach, you so deserve your cruise since you work so very hard to educate our younguns. How very romantic that you and esp your BF can enjoy your "transformation" to the lovely young lady you must be. Yes, it's been a couple of decades for me too and I love the look in my DH's eyes when we dress up. Bec, let's face it, it's mostly for him and how I feel being on his arm, still very sexy and having a great time with my best friend. I hope you have that still in a couple of decades ;).

My daughter is 22 and she also loves "dressing for dinner" when we cruise. I'm 58 and just bought my 1st formal since high school! (Great sale at Ross) For us, it's something that adds to the specialness of cruising. We've got all year to be casual. We'll be on the Radiance next week. Yea!!

Happy Teach' date=' you so deserve your cruise since you work so very hard to educate our younguns. How very romantic that you and esp your BF can enjoy your "transformation" to the lovely young lady you must be. Yes, it's been a couple of decades for me too and I love the look in my DH's eyes when we dress up. Bec, let's face it, it's mostly for him and how I feel being on his arm, still very sexy and having a great time with my best friend. I hope you have that still in a couple of decades ;). [/color']

Thank you MVcG! Wow your words brought water to my eyes...specially the part that you said that I must be a lovely young lady...something my mommy would say...I am a second grade teacher at a very poor school. I absolutely love it! One of my students (he is hispanic) told me today that their parents cooked a huge pot of rice, beans and chicken and were allowed to sell it for $3.00 each plateafter their church said "now we have money to pay the rent". Not only did I burst into tears when my little baby said that, but I felt so blessed that I am in the position that I am...Here I am getting ready to sail on a beautiful ship, wearing preety dresses (good sales on Macys though) and there are people out there who are struggling..and please know that this is a REALITY. I see it every day and even though I wish I could do more for my kids, I try my best to provide them with a good solid foundation, I do my best to educate and I give them lots of genuine love.

Tomorrow we will be boarding a school bus and heading to Grassy Waters preserve to learn all about our natural environment. It was completely free for these kids, and they deserve it...they are awsome!

Happy Sailings to everyone and I will post lots of pictures upon my return!

Claudia

Thank you MVcG! Wow your words brought water to my eyes...specially the part that you said that I must be a lovely young lady...something my mommy would say...I am a second grade teacher at a very poor school. I absolutely love it! One of my students (he is hispanic) told me today that their parents cooked a huge pot of rice, beans and chicken and were allowed to sell it for $3.00 each plateafter their church said "now we have money to pay the rent". Not only did I burst into tears when my little baby said that, but I felt so blessed that I am in the position that I am...Here I am getting ready to sail on a beautiful ship, wearing preety dresses (good sales on Macys though) and there are people out there who are struggling..and please know that this is a REALITY. I see it every day and even though I wish I could do more for my kids, I try my best to provide them with a good solid foundation, I do my best to educate and I give them lots of genuine love.

Tomorrow we will be boarding a school bus and heading to Grassy Waters preserve to learn all about our natural environment. It was completely free for these kids, and they deserve it...they are awsome!

Happy Sailings to everyone and I will post lots of pictures upon my return!

Claudia

That is one of my greatest joys about teaching too. Simply knowing that as hard as some of my children's homelives are I can do so much for them in my classroom. Yes with the harsh realities out there being able to cruise is truly a gift. But it sounds like you truly love your kids and everyday you spendwith them is a gift:):)

I'm also glad you are so excited about your cruise. I hope you have a ball:):)

Claudia -

Thank you for your postings! I also love that "transformation" on the cruise each night! I work for a law enforcement agency as a 911 Dispatcher so I spend the rest of the year in an ugly brown and white uniform. It's so wonderful to get "girly!"

There's enough bad in this world. All any of us can do is try and make the space around us warm, supportive and happy. Whether you do that through your clothes, your posting, or your teaching, you're doing it!

Thanks!

Claudia,

I hear you. DH and I recently got off the Monarch and had our first formal night. We loved it!!!!! To be honest, I wish I had packed a few more dresses instead of just that one for formal night. I'll know next time.

Have a wonderful time and looking forward to the pics! :)

Archived