Dry cleaning on Princess?

stinesheri

My experience on the Ruby was I sent two pairs of silk pants out for cleaning and they returned perfectly done. Whatever system they use works very well in my experience. The price was very reasonable too.

From another thread on this same subject:

On the UST on the Ruby, the head of the laundry department said not to send Tommy Bahama shirts to the laundry. He said they would send them right back to you. He also said no silk items. They do have some special machines, but they are not dry cleaning. Used the laundry service on Ruby on TA and Med and clothes came back really nice. Just used laundry on Carib cruise and not as nice. Clothes didn't come back nicely folded and shorts weren't pressed like I would do at home. I love the laundry service, but if it is something very special, don't send it.

I remain confused.:confused:

...there is no dry cleaning service offered,cabin steward said the chemicals aren't safe so it is no longer offered.

We are elite and were sorry to see it go.

I guess you haven't been following the responses on this board or this thread but the dry cleaning hasn't been eliminated, it's been replaced by another process which is almost as good.

Although I am Elite, I have never used either the laundry, nor the dry cleaning because I just do not trust it.

Why would anyone send out silk clothes. It is so easy to wash them out by hand in the sink or bathtub, using a silk liquid. You can even do it on gentle in the machines, using Cold water. Roll in a towel and hang on a hangar. Silk does need pressing with a warm iron. - Or, don't take any silks.

I wash my underwear in the sink, using the Princess shampoo. I bring softener for the rinse and dryer sheets.

There is a product at the grocery store that you use in the dryer to do Dry Cleaning. It works fine.

;);):D;);)

Doing it myself is indeed an option, but given that we are on a 12 day port intensive Med. cruise, I neither want to spend my few port days doing laundry in the laundry rooms, nor do I wish to have my cabin look like a laundry room with hand washed clothes drying everywhere. There is also a question of how much to pack, since we have pre- and post-cruise stays planned.

Thanks to everyone who posted that the 'cleaning' service is just as good as dry cleaning. For what I plan on bringing, that should be fine, and I will just adjust the other items accordingly.

If anyone hears anything different as they cruise, please post if you get a chance - and enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived