Why is my "reservation being modified?"

vtgirl

I am departing on the Dec 11 Explorer and went into check in online this morning and got a red noticed that my "reservation was being modified." What would that mean? I have a balcony room and the ship is sold out except for suites. Can anyone help? I can't call RCCL until 9:00.

I am departing on the Dec 11 Explorer and went into check in online this morning and got a red noticed that my "reservation was being modified." What would that mean? I have a balcony room and the ship is sold out except for suites. Can anyone help? I can't call RCCL until 9:00.

nothing to worry about. Try again in a couple hrs

Happens all the time. Sometimes it's a maintenance issue & sometimes happens when you log in & then close your browser & then reopen it. It thinks you are logged in twice so it locks you out. If you wait 20-30 minutes after you see this message (after closing your browser), it'll then work fine. It especially acts up if you try to book shore excursions. If that's what you were doing try clicking on shore excursions BEFORE logging in. That works better, but you gotta wait the 20-30 minutes before trying that. Believe me, it was driving me crazy trying to book shore excursions before I discovered that trick.

You will get the same message if RC is modifying your reservation but that is very unlikely early Sunday morning and it was website maintenance which is typically done late Sat. night or early Sun. I was on just RC website just before 7am this morning and the reservation option wasn't available. That's a good way to check if your actual reservation is being modified or is the site is down for maintenance.

Also if you are looking at your reservation online and call RC to request a change, you have to log out of the reservation to allow RC access to it to make that change.

Happens all the time. Sometimes it's a maintenance issue & sometimes happens when you log in & then close your browser & then reopen it. It thinks you are logged in twice so it locks you out. If you wait 20-30 minutes after you see this message (after closing your browser), it'll then work fine. It especially acts up if you try to book shore excursions. If that's what you were doing try clicking on shore excursions BEFORE logging in. That works better, but you gotta wait the 20-30 minutes before trying that. Believe me, it was driving me crazy trying to book shore excursions before I discovered that trick.

Just make sure you log out of your My Cruises account by clicking on the Log Out button at the top of the webpage before your close your internet browser to avoid this. The same thing will happen to a RC agent or CVP if you simply close your browser without logging off when you call in for a change. They can manually reset your account to the log off status without having to wait for the timed log off but it's an extra step they must do in order to make the change you requested if you don't log off properly.

Archived