Brief recap of 11/22/09 Ft. L. to Ft. L

Goldens4

Embark.: We all are aware, so no need to go into this. When handed a bag of lemons, make lemonade.

Weather: Perfect. 1 10 min. shower in 10 days. Bright and sunny the rest.

Seas: Like glass. Only 1 day and 1 night a tad rocky. Nothing to lose your lunch over.

Service: Excellent, even on the first day when all crew was up over 24 hrs. due to our man overboard. In fact, above and beyond and always smiling and asking what they can do for you.

Food: Restaurant: Excellent. We made all the right choices. Never had a bad meal. La Terrazza: 1st X excellent. 2nd X so-so. LaT is still being inconsistent.

Children: Only 3. Very young. I believe 6 was the oldest. Outstanding behavior even in the pool and at dinner. Several of us complimented the parents for the great job they were doing.

CruiseMates: CC folks, duct tape, britsontour, cechase, joe from chicago and his lovely wife Pat are wonderful folks. Larry & Steve, Harry and Robert (who we met on previous cruises) made our cruise a lot of fun. New companions, Cindy, Elisabeth & Al, Martha, Patty too many to mention are the people we want to cruise with again. Also, not one door slammer on Deck 6. Hooray!!!! Of course, you still have the people that when you say "hello", they look right through you. I feel sorry for them. It must be extremely uncomfortable to walk around all day and night with a "wedgie".:D

Entertainment: CD David Naughton, very nice, very engaging. Would always stop to say hello and have a kind word. Production shows: Good. Same as last year. Ballroom dancers, excellent. There were 2 other acts, but we missed so I cannot comment.

Shore Excursions: Good variety. Something for everyone.

Entertainment in the Bar/Panorama: Female singer in the Crown Jewel Duo , excellent. Nothing like the Joy Duo. SS Quartet, very good in Panorama. Disco after hours, definitely a "10". If you like to "booty" dance this is the place for you. Gee, guess where I hung out?;)

Spa: Stellar. Highly recommend the Hot Stone Massage and a couple of Body Wraps. Husband recommends the Deep Tissue Massage if you have back problems.

Boutique: Terrible. Poor selection and ugly clothes. Plus, Phyllis Diller jewelry. If I died and someone laid me out in anything from that store, I'd come back to haunt them.:mad:

Something New: One morning there was a Champagne and Caviar Breakfast (no extra charge) and on the last day there was a Pizza and Pasta lunch on the Pool Deck in addition to their regular menu. Nice to see that SS is trying new venues.:)

Added Excitement: On our last day, off the coast of Cuba, one of the Cuban helicopters (armed) played intimadation games with our ship. They were extremely close and hovering, port, aft and starboard. After about 15 min. they left and went to play with another cruise ship. The Capt. came on the PA to say they were just curious and saying hello. Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

DisEmbark.: out of suite at 8:30. Off ship at 9:30.

Total Experience: Out of 1 through 10, I give this one a 12. Everything (to me) was great. Best cruise we have had. Just a good mix. Everything was good.

Thanks for the summary.

Meow, I don't know the answer to the production shows, but if Fernando is the CD, he isn't typically a big pusher of the production shows from my experience with him. I like them. I would think they would have them.

Thank you kindly, DebbieH103, presumably you will find out within a month on whether the facility allows production shows besides whether they are going to have them.

Our computer is having probelms, and we ordered a new one from Dell, which is taking its time. In the meantime, we can only borrow a computer from a friend as per convenience, so we are not posting as regularly, until our own new computer arrives.

Writing on my problem free Apple computer.

Thank you for that nice review. We will be taking our first Silversea cruise next year after years of sailing on Regent. We can't wait. You did make it sound like an enjoyable cruise.

Meow, should have bought an HP!!!!

We leave in 12 or 13 days, equipped with a new camera (though I remain a bad photographer) and hope to be loaded down with info. I got my new Blackberry 9700, too, so I need to get Twitter back on it so I can tweet. Wes will keep people up on what I am posting till he leaves, I presume. I have been off on work trips for 22 days and am trying to pull myself together and get caught up before this thing so that I can maximize our enjoyment and my information distribution. I am sure I am going to be overwhelmed with how much info there is to share, but I will do all I am physically able to handle.

What a pleasure to read such a positive, enthusiastic review. Obviously your expectations were met or exceeded -- no nit picking but appreciation for jobs well done. I love meeting "your kind" on SS cruises and hope to meet you on some future one.

Dusababy:)

I was on this cruise, and in 610 just kitty corner from Marcie [Goldens4] and her husband. Had a great view of the Cuban helo act from my balcony.

This is a really neat lady with an equally neat husband. I can confirm everything that she said except for dinner in La Terazza and the disco. For a cruise that started off with a glitch [not Silversea's fault], it was definitely a 10!

Oh, as I am typing this, the temperature is 20 degrees Fahrenheit, there is a foot of snow on the ground, and it is still snowing. Wish I were back on the Shadow, mentioning how warm it was.

Archived