"H" Cat -- obstructed view cabins

Vic The Parrot

Never stayed in one myself. But I have seen them. You do, indeed, get a window (not a porthole) with a very nice view of a large lifeboat. This, of course, has many advantages:

1) In the event that you are uncertain of whether or not the ship is sinking, you can have direct visual confirmation.

2) If you like orange, you will be pleased by the color scheme.

3) You will probably be able to tell if it is day or night outside, but won't have to worry about having to decide if it is raining, sunny, or windy.

But more seriously... I am guessing that you are getting the cabin at a very good price, allowing you to spend your money on other ways to get the most out of your cruise.

Vic

This past August I was in cabin 4097 on the Zuiderdam - although the view is obstructed - there are huge floor to ceiling windows that let in the natural light. This particular cabin had one of the tenders in front of it, and on the half Moon Cay Day, the boat was lowered and it was a totally unobstructed view - I would book this cabin again without hesitation.

A word of warning however - you might want to sleep with the curtains closed the night before arriving in port, as the crew memmbers are up early preparing the tenders....

Cheers Robert

We were in cabin 4107 on the Zuiderdam in August and would book an obstructed view again. You still get the light and in two of the ports they took down our tender so we had great views. One morning we did wake up with the crew outside our window!!:) :)

Archived