11/28/10 Cruise Cancelled...Waiting to talk with Royal

royalfan

Hello

We have a cruise booked for 11/28/10 on Liberty...I received a call yesterday and today while I was at work to call RCI because the cruise has been cancelled. They will offer me $200 off a different cruise. Here is the thing: We had a gty balcony at the great rate of $692! Anyone know if they will honor that price for a different sailing? I tried to call but they are only there 9-5pm!

I noticed Freedom is n/a for that same week also.

My husband only has vacation that week or the week of Xmas...Thanks for your help:)

They won't honor your original fare. You will have to pay whatever the going rate is on the cruise you pick. Good luck.

We didn't. We booked the Jewel repositioning from Vancouver to San Diego. When that cruise was cancelled over a year in advance, they offered us a couple of crummy Western Caribbean itineraries in the same cabin (OS) for the same price ($2100pp vs the $3899pp they were asking for the Western itin), plus $400 OBC for the inconvenience. Luckily for them, we preferred a Radiance sailing on the MR, and they let us transfer to that one, also at the original price (and they're only going to lose $1000 on that deal).

However, since it appears that RCI is offering dollars off this time (perhaps they've learned their lesson), the OP may be SOL. Tomorrow will tell.

Hello

We have a cruise booked for 11/28/10 on Liberty...I received a call yesterday and today while I was at work to call RCI because the cruise has been cancelled. They will offer me $200 off a different cruise. Here is the thing: We had a gty balcony at the great rate of $692! Anyone know if they will honor that price for a different sailing? I tried to call but they are only there 9-5pm!

I noticed Freedom is n/a for that same week also.

My husband only has vacation that week or the week of Xmas...Thanks for your help:)

You should have booked with a TA. When this happened to us and our AOS cruise that was booked as a charter, she got us 3 offers from RCCL. We took the best one: matching our existing discounted rate on another AOS sailing a couple weeks later + an upgrade to a JS for rebooking instead of getting our money back + $400 OBC. And she is available evenings and we have her cell phone number if she happens not be in the office on a weekend day we call her.

Welcome to the SBR Club.(scr*wed by Royal) RCCL will offer you a pitence and most people will accept. Look at other cruise lines for similar cruises and take your business there. That's what we did and we ended up with a much better deal for less money. And you might like the other cruise line better. By the way RCCL offered us crap and we would LOSE money if we rebooked. Good luck with your problem and it really sucks that RCCL would treat you so poorly.:o

Archived