Your first cruise ship

Copper10-8

My first time on a cruise ship wasn’t actually a cruise .  HAL quite often hosts lunches when at port for various non-profits….and my partner at the time and I were on for that reason. You see a short show in the main lounge, have lunch in the MDR, and then are given about an hour to explore on your own before having to disembark.  

Meanwhile, of course, the real passengers are embarking.  I remember it was a zoo on the Lido deck (some things never change).

It got my thinking of how much fun it would be to actually be a passenger…and the rest is history  :).  

• Like 3

On 5/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, norboy76 said:

My 3 Rotterdam postcards.

Top: 1908-1940 (postcard used and dated Feb 2, 1914)

Middle: 1959-1997

Bottom: 1997-2020image.thumb.jpg.2a995e97c42e1431c78b6aa5db1bcab3.jpg

Looks like you need another postcard to get caught up.  Rotterdam a very nice ship!

• Thanks 1

Mine was not so long ago, Carnival Spirit from Sydney to the South Pacific in 2015. I won it in a competition Carnival Australia was running on their website. I had never even thought about cruising before, and I was definitely hooked. I took two more Carnival cruises after that, then an NCL transatlantic, and now looking forward to trying out HAL in China and Japan in February! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerlily75 said:

Mine was not so long ago, Carnival Spirit from Sydney to the South Pacific in 2015. I won it in a competition Carnival Australia was running on their website. I had never even thought about cruising before, and I was definitely hooked. I took two more Carnival cruises after that, then an NCL transatlantic, and now looking forward to trying out HAL in China and Japan in February! 

Welcome to HAL!

Can I touch you for luck? I want to win an awesome cruise!!

• Haha 1