Boarding Delay Phone Call

Wanna_Cruize

Just got an automated call from Carnival advising us that our check-in time is from 2pm to 4pm, and that we 'kindly' not arrive at the port prior to our 'designated' check-in time unless we have purchased Carnival's airport transfers.

Here's my question, the Carnival website puts the boarding time for Long Beach port at 1:30pm - so does that mean it's running 1/2 hour late? Would they call for just that much of a delay? Are they just calling Splendor passengers all the time to try and manage the crowds better since it's such a large ship for that port? Getting this call 3 days prior to our departure can't mean that there really is a delay specific to this sailing, it must be more general, right? I know when Splendor had some actual arrival delays recently, people got calls that morning, advising them of the delay.

We usually drive to the port around 11:30 or so, so how much should we REALLY delay?

Last time we were on the Splendor and we got the dont be here till 2pm call we treated it as a they are trying to manage the crowds so we went at our usual time 1130am. No one was allowed to even begin to board until 2pm even a wedding party that was getting amrried on board at 1pm had to wait to board. Sometimes it is them managing crowds and sometimes not. It all depends on if you are equipted to wait 3 hours just incase they dont let you board. Either way just relax and have fun you will get on and have DOD soon enough.

Hi there,

Just a thought we're having winter wet weather for the next 3 days. It's raining and is due to rain thru Sunday. Be prepared. Bring more than a book. How about wet-weather equipment.

Enjoy your cruise,

Winnie

Last time I get one of those automated messages I was standing in line for a United flight. They were nice enough to call me and tell me my flight was cancelled as I walked up to the agent.

Anyway, about the Splendor, when do most people go to the port?

July will be our first MR, going out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale we always get there around 11 and have no problems getting right on.

we re driving down from NorCal the day of the cruise..plan on leaving

early enough incase there s snow at the top of the grapvine..if all go s well..we ll be in long beach about 11am..

if we do get the call..and i ll check to see if its valid..we ll just plan on a extra couple of hrs of sleep..:p

Archived