Wow.... First Time I've Seen This on CC

sail7seas

I was reading another section of CC and noticed a box just about the list of threads.

It said:

sail7seas, just back from your cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!

If CC has been doing this in the past, I've never noticed it before. Has anyone else noticed it just after they've returned from a cruise?

• Administrators

Nothing sinister, I assure you! We aren't following you home from your cruise or anything!

The "notice" is running on all the ROLL CALL forums. Since you have to be logged in, it is recognizing you by name (simple to do on a forum that is using cookies to make sure only members use the ROLL CALL forums).

We figure at some point you may return to the ROLL CALL forum after your cruise to touch base with those you met on board -- what better place to remind you that we'd love to publish your review!

You also may note that we have "stickies" on the major cruise line forums asking people to write reviews as well.

Laura

Oh my goodness......

Please don't misunderstand me. I think it's cool.

I definitely have no problem with it.

Of course, when one logs into a website they have to expect it is known you are visitng that site.

I think it's a great 'gentle nudge' for people to post their reviews.

I wrote one here (in sections) but suppose I could combine it and post it in review section.

Thanks, as always, Laura, for all you do to provide us this wonderful Site.

Thanks Laura -- didn't know this.

I joined the Roll Call for our up-coming cruise but hadn't noticed this. I am not active on them as the person in charge of the Meet & Greet wants us to respond via e-mail.

I just don't like doing e-mails.

I am active with a Roll Call from a cruise we took back in May 2008 -- several of us are still responding there after all these months.

I was reading another section of CC and noticed a box just about the list of threads.

It said:

If CC has been doing this in the past, I've never noticed it before. Has anyone else noticed it just after they've returned from a cruise?

Went and looked at the top of the HAL Roll Call Threads and there was the same notice with my screen name on it asking for a review! Maybe I will after the Holidays. Never have looked at the top of this board before and wouldn't have noticed.

Dan

Went and looked at the top of the HAL Roll Call Threads and there was the same notice with my screen name on it asking for a review! Maybe I will after the Holidays. Never have looked at the top of this board before and wouldn't have noticed.

Dan

That's why I pointed it out, Dan. I had never noticed it before so thought perhaps others had missed it as well.

I think it's fun! And it will be great if it generates more folks to do reviews.

:o Speak of which, I should 'clean up' the comments I posted here re: our recent Wewsterdam cruise, make a review out of it and ask it be posted in Review Section.

I will get to ...... I hope. :)

Archived