Transport to FLL Airport from Ship

Sirdar

We will be disembarking on Jan. 17 at the FLL port and 3 other larger ships will be doing the same that morning. We want to go straight to the airport. What is the availiabilty of taxi, shuttle van service if there are crowds. Has anyone used a HAL transfer? This is our first cruise out of FLL and we are not familiar with the facilities. Thanks.

The airport is very close to the pier; you can easily take a cab for less than $15.00. They should be lined up waiting to go. I would not take a ship's transfer as it would cost a lot more than this, and you'd have to wait for the bus to fill up. Grab a cab and go, no problem.

What time is your flight? It's hard to tell, but you sound a bit anxious in your post. If your flight is earlier than, say, 10 am, you might want to reconsider. Just a thought.

There is no shortage of taxi cabs waiting for you when you get off the ship. There are sometimes van companies that shuttle you from pier to airport for a couple dollars less. As the previous poster said, taxi should be around $15 per car to FLL.

DO NOT use the cruise line transfers, the process is very slow compared to a taxi.

• 2 months later...

We are ten people, including my parents. Getting cabs for all of us will be confusing and stressful for us...mainly me..lol. I know there are several shuttles, VIP, SAS I think (FLL to Pier)?? Can anyone recommend one??? I know we used one several years back and it worked well but I can't remember who there were? Thanks!

Getting cabs for all of us will be confusing and stressful for us...

Are you really prepared to pay three times the price? As stated, one cab will be about $15.00 plus tip and will hold 4 people. You will need 3 cabs. Transfers for 10 people would be, IMO, astronomical.

Don't let this stress you out; taking a cab between the pier and the airport is easy as pie. They are lined up, ready to go and it's absolutely no problem. A shuttle is expensive for such a short distance!!! But if you insist on a shuttle, all of the companies you mentioned have been discussed on these boards before, and they should all have websites. Why don't you do some research, find prices, and then make your decision.

Take care.

Archived