Which is the best airport for Savona

loopyloo33

Genoa is the closest and Costa usually run a transfer bus for not too much cost, or you could get a taxi. If I remember right it's about 40 minutes drive so any flight from late morning on should be fine. Some people fly into Milan but that is quite a bit further.

As said above Genoa is the closest, allow one hour for transfer by coach, was E18 each way from Costa. This is a very small airport, and flights are often cancelled by BA.

Milan & Turin are also available both over three hours by coach from terminal, Milan being the most used by Costa Cruises.

If you are flying to Genoa from the UK there is on flight a day to Gatwick.

British Airways LGW to GOA

GOA to LGW

nonstop

nonstop

Fri, June 4

Fri, June 11

10:10a-1:05p

1:50p-2:45p

1h 55m

1h 55m

and one flight from London-Stansted on Ryanair (what out for payment fees & baggage fees).

b-plane-GO-dn.gif

Adult39.99 GBPFri, Jun 04

Flight FR 97209:50

12:55Depart

ArriveLondon-Stansted (STN)

Genoa (GOA)Coming Back

b-plane-CB-dn.gif

Adult25.99 GBPFri, Jun 11

Flight FR 97313:20

14:25Depart

ArriveGenoa (GOA)

London-Stansted (STN)

From London to Nice there 37 different flight combinations for these 2 dates on British Airways plus there are even more flights on Easyjet and BMI/BMIBaby.

Flying from Birmingham there is one flight a day with BMIBaby.

Flying Out Fri 04 Jun 2010 dep. 10:30 arr. 13:45 £ 49.04

Flying Back Fri 11 Jun 2010 dep. 14:15 arr. 15:30 £ 16.04

Let me know if you want the same information for flights from the UK to Milan or Turin.

Gyromain

Giromain, while that is true we often fly BA from Gatwick & return from Genoa.

The last two cruises we have flown out to Genoa, solely because of the shorter transfer time to Savona, but, BA have cancelled the return flights and we have to return from Milan.

I am definately not happy as I really freak out on coach journeys over a couple of hours. I did consider staying over again in Genoa like we did in Feb, but with it hotel charge and a later flight home, DW decide it was not worth it.

While BA are my choice of airline and Savona my favourite terminal, we may have to think again, if this happens again next July.

UK - fly to either Heathrow or Birmingham

With Nice, Genoa and Turin it is not a case of do I take a early or later flight, more like is there a plane flying on the day I want. Not like on the buses, "there will be another one along in a few minutes".

With Milan there will be more flights available.

Most flights from the first 3 airports tend to leave berwteen 02:00 - 04:00 pm.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
...also we are due to arrive on 18th January at 9am - what is the earliest flight I should book to return home?

We are on the same cruise I take it your on the Serena and we are flying into Milan which is the second time for us and was not a prob.Friends flew into Nice last year and got caught up in horendous trafic jams due to road works etc. Could be the other way round this time but hey leave enough time ay for probs :)

We are on the Serena on 7th January. We have booked flights to Milan Malpensa for a couple of days earlier and have a flight at 6:35pm from Malpensa returning home so hope that this is more than enough time to get back to the airport from the ship

Hi Y'all,

I've flown into and out of Genoa Airport several times and have always taken ship transfer to Savona. Also, have either stayed in Genoa one to two days prior to cruise and one or two days after cruise, depending upon which way the ship was going. My connecting flights were either DeGaulle or Munich.

I envy your going on a cruise - I just got off the Fortuna's repositioning cruise from Genoa to Ft Lauderdale.

It is snowing here - wish I were going to a warmer spot about now.

Happy Sails,

Lucy Jane

Archived