Crown Princess review 12/5-12/12

Gr101997

I'm not sure if menus are consistent across the fleet, but I would love to hear from those of you who were not thrilled with the dining what the best options were and what to avoid (veal marasala, check).

The veal dish was so bland. I think they served it the 2nd or 3rd night. There was some Cajun stew thing that my fiancee had that was delicious. Our waiter was really helpful everynight in picking out what he thought was the best dishes. Always made a great choice. Some dishes had really small portions and if we ordered it, he would double it up for us.

I dont remember many of the other dishes. Alot of the appitizers and soups were pretty dull. They didnt have the escargot which we were both really excited to have again.

I dont wanna come across like Im complaing aobut the whole trip because it was a great one. Its just the food and service was noticeable down from the last time we were there and it was disapointing.

As for the fleas on Roatan. We didnt go to the Mahogony Bay beach but the people we ate dinner with did. The girl had bite marks up and down her arm and didnt know where they came from. We didnt think anything of it at the time but now hearing about it, it makes sense. Roatan itself was our favorite port and if I could spend more then a day somewhere, it would be on one of the beaches there.

Someone on the Ports of Call board mentioned a sand-flea problem at the beach at Mahogany Bay. Did any of you experience that? :confused: I'm just thinking we should hit Walgreen's for bug spray before we embark the ship.

yes we did I knew about the sand flees and forgot to come prepared they got me pretty good.

The veal dish was so bland. I think they served it the 2nd or 3rd night. There was some Cajun stew thing that my fiancee had that was delicious. Our waiter was really helpful everynight in picking out what he thought was the best dishes. Always made a great choice. Some dishes had really small portions and if we ordered it, he would double it up for us.

I dont remember many of the other dishes. Alot of the appitizers and soups were pretty dull. They didnt have the escargot which we were both really excited to have again.

I dont wanna come across like Im complaing aobut the whole trip because it was a great one. Its just the food and service was noticeable down from the last time we were there and it was disapointing.

As for the fleas on Roatan. We didnt go to the Mahogony Bay beach but the people we ate dinner with did. The girl had bite marks up and down her arm and didnt know where they came from. We didnt think anything of it at the time but now hearing about it, it makes sense. Roatan itself was our favorite port and if I could spend more then a day somewhere, it would be on one of the beaches there.

Snails were available on Thursday night half our table had them...

We had a few very good dishes with most being just OK and a couple of real misses - the veal marsala was terrible. The MDR was just not as good as in the past, at least on this particular cruise.

Hmmmm.... We were on the same cruise with you, but we thought the food was far better even than our past cruises on the Crown, Caribbean, and Diamond Princess. We were delighted with every meal.

Snails were available on Thursday night half our table had them...

They weren't on the menu, but our waiter told us we could order them and they were very good.

Since October, 2008 we have been on the following ships and I would rank them in this order for food:

HAL - Veendam - Gave it # 1 because of the breakfast buffet - outstanding

Carnival - Freedom - Overall, the best food lately

Celebrity - Millie - MDR was about the same as Princess, but breakfast buffet was better

Princess - Crown - What can I say, it just didn't rock my world this time. But Princess is still overall, my favorite line.

Hmmmm.... We were on the same cruise with you, but we thought the food was far better even than our past cruises on the Crown, Caribbean, and Diamond Princess. We were delighted with every meal.

me too...was on the crown a year ago...thought it was great then...even better this time around.

See im easy to please as long as I could keep getting those double chocolate chip cookies at the Horizon court or the International Cafe I was happy. Now im sorry I didn't hoard them for this week I miss them. FYI ate like crazy and lost pound and a half took stairs 99% of the time. My wife did a 5k each day of the cruise. It's funny we weren't planning on taking a cruise in 09 but when Princess dropped the prices on selected cruises we were able to get a great deal.

Someone on the Ports of Call board mentioned a sand-flea problem at the beach at Mahogany Bay. Did any of you experience that? :confused: I'm just thinking we should hit Walgreen's for bug spray before we embark the ship.

They are AWFUL!! Saw many many people with Red bites all over, myself included!

I got in trouble in the Port of Call section for saying that my Ronys tour was great and that I would recommend it to anyone going there looking for something to do other then what he ship offers. Told me I was "soliciting". Whats the point of the board if you cant give people a recommendation?

Anyways, the ronys tour was great and the Pirates Zip line was far superior to the one at the port itself

Archived