First time clebrity cruiser - 2 quick questions

zhuskers1

Sailing on Solstice on 1/10/2010. Thanks in advance for your help

Just printed my express passes;

2 questions:

1.) There are images of luggae tags on the bottom of the passes - Do I need to do something with those?

2.)What is the best deal in regards to credit card currency conversion? I will be using a US based card. This is what was printed on my pass:

Currency Convention Authorization(Please check one of the following options.)

A. I choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card. I.e.: I choose to use Celebrity Cruises currency conversion program. (See terms below.)

This currency conversion transaction is based on wholesale exchange rates collected from Bloomberg plus a 3 percent international currency conversion fee. My choice to have charges billed in the currency of my card is final. I accept that the exchange rate used will be the rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to my card without further consultation.

B. I choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Celebrity Cruises currency program. (See information below.)

If I opt for my charges to be converted by my credit card issuer, or if my card is not billed in one of the billing currencies listed, my charges will be processed in the onboard currency (USD) and the issuer of my card may charge a service fee for currency conversion.

Sailing on Solstice on 1/10/2010. Thanks in advance for your help

Just printed my express passes;

2 questions:

1.) There are images of luggae tags on the bottom of the passes - Do I need to do something with those?

if your TA does ont send bag tags show the image to the porters and you wil lget tags at te pier but you will have to fill them in there. get some.. cal lcelebrity if needed. i gto all of mine by mail.

2.)What is the best deal in regards to credit card currency conversion? I will be using a US based card. This is what was printed on my pass:

Currency Convention Authorization(Please check one of the following options.)

A. I choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card. I.e.: I choose to use Celebrity Cruises currency conversion program. (See terms below.)

This currency conversion transaction is based on wholesale exchange rates collected from Bloomberg plus a 3 percent international currency conversion fee. My choice to have charges billed in the currency of my card is final. I accept that the exchange rate used will be the rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to my card without further consultation.

B. I choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Celebrity Cruises currency program. (See information below.)

If I opt for my charges to be converted by my credit card issuer, or if my card is not billed in one of the billing currencies listed, my charges will be processed in the onboard currency (USD) and the issuer of my card may charge a service fee for currency conversion.[/quot

i would check A. help here please!

I would actually choose A. The ship bills in US$. If your card in in US$, there is no need to convert anything.

B is for people with a card that bills in other than US$. The issue is who gets to charge you for converting from US$ to something else - Celebrity Cruises or your credit card company?

While we are US based and our credit cards bill in US$, American Express adds 3% to anything converted while our Visa Card does not. It depends on what your credit card company does.

Archived