Booking future cruise while on board

Scootch

We are sailing on Liberty on 3/20/09 and are considering booking a future cruise while on board. Has anyone done this before, and if so were the rates more attratcive.

Also, we will be booking two balcony cabins for our future cruise. Not sure if they offer any incentives when you book multiple rooms.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

The rates are exactly the same, the only difference is you get OBC when you book (up to $200 OBC as they say), depending on the length of the cruise booked. $50 5 days, $75 6 days, $100 OBC Per Cabin, for a 7 day etc.

Or you can buy the certificate and book when you get home.

No incentive for booking multiple cabins (none for booking a B2B either Im sorry to say).

Do be aware that the person's name you are buying the certificate for has to be booked into the cabin. For instance you might have two adult children in another cabin, they need to buy the certificate in their name, not your name. One certificate per cabin can be applied.

The rates are exactly the same, the only difference is you get OBC when you book (up to $200 OBC as they say), depending on the length of the cruise booked. $50 5 days, $75 6 days, $100 OBC Per Cabin, for a 7 day etc.

No incentive for booking multiple cabins (none for booking a B2B either Im sorry to say).

Good info. Thank you for your quick response!

Do be aware that the person's name you are buying the certificate for has to be booked into the cabin. For instance you might have two adult children in another cabin, they need to buy the certificate in their name, not your name. One certificate per cabin can be applied.

Can you buy the certificate if you have already booked a cruise? I am going in Feb and have another booked for Feb of 2011 can I buy one for that cruise

There is another thread on this subject that someone posted on earlier today. He was told you cannot (same as I was told), that you can only apply them to cruises you havent yet booked, but he sent it in and got credit.

I didnt chance it, but others have reported ignored what the future cruise guy says and sending in certificates and having them applied to already booked cruises. You do have to risk the certificate getting lost in the mail and certified mail postage, but worth it to get the OBC? They say no, but the reality is you seem to be able to get it applied to already booked cruises.

PS Im assuming you are on one of the ships that sell them. I think its 5 ships only that sell these FCCs. I just got back from a cruise and my mind is foggy, but I think its 5 ships, Splendor, Conquest, Liberty? .. and two others?

In my experience, you can use them even on fully paid cruises. I sent one of my certificates in recently for my fully paid Triumph cruise. The $50 OBC showed right up within a few days along with a $100 refund to my credit card.

Liberty, Valor, Freedom, Splendor and Conquest are the 5 ships on which they are available.

I've got to get back on one of those ships to buy more. It's a great deal!

Archived