Carnival Dream Dec 3-12

Ms Belvedere

I'll add my 2 cents here as I was also on this cruise...and had a great time.

I was initially worried then greatly relieved when entering PC. I knew from the previous bloggers cruise that there are many more Platinum cruisers on these type of specialty cruises and having sailed out of PC many times I knew the lounge was pretty small...........

Yea to Carnival for how check-in was handled. They had 2 lines, regular and VIP and the VIP's had a special 4 or 5 agents to handle us unless there was nobody in the VIP line then that just made the regular line go more quickly also...........Easy Peasy.........loved it....

While my favorite ships are still the Conquest class, I wouldn't hesitate to book on a Dream class if that's the price point and itinerary that I wanted.

My new favorite places on the Dream were the Ocean Plaza area with a really great Karaoke stage and new bar and wine and cheese bar. Plus the outside lanai area that's covered is a great place to get out of the AC for a while but still not be in the blazing sun.

The fun hubs all over the ship were great, and it seemed like MOST of the time the speed was pretty good.

For a really quiet and secluded get away to just relax and read a book in complete solitude was Lower Dream Street (deck 4 starboard) I rarely encountered anyone there. I also love the new sofa's overlooking the Lobby on deck 4 and the fact that they've removed those table and chairs along the Promenade outside the gift shops. Makes for much better flow.

My only real disappointment during the week was that it was not decided until mid-week that the Express Luggage option was going to be available. I've always used this in Orlando and Miami and it's a great service. John had said they hoped to have it available when the Dream got to PC and on the 1st Sea day I asked but was told sorry no.

I never got any paperwork in my cabin about it and as I don't usually go to any of the debarkation talks or other morning shows and stuff I missed any announcements that were made. Consequently on the last afternoon of the cruise when I found out that it was available I went to guest services but was told that all of the paperwork had to be completed and turned in the previous evening.........:(......So on the our 2nd disappointment.......sister and I as usual did VIP self assist and we were off the ship lugging our stuff and 6:30 which is usually not a problem since Keith our Budget van driver is usually right there........Well apparently the rental car vans are no longer starting pickup until 7:30..........so we had to STAND around at the end of the terminal building until almost 8am before the van picked us up and we got our car.........

I know, I know before you say it "Why would we choose to get off so early".........A couple of reasons......the worst part of any cruise for me is always coming back through immigrations/customs.........it wouldn't be so bad if everyone followed the rules and knew what to do and had their stuff filled out and...........but that rarely happens.........plus since we're going to move to the area in a couple of years when I retire we like to get our rental car and spend the morning driving around the area.....

So that's my more than 2 cents worth.

That's unfortunate the luggage express paperwork didn't make it to your cabin. It was delivered in ours on Tuesday evening I believe and said to return by noon Thursday.

I had used it in the past and it worked perfectly again this time. I LOVE that feature!!

We tried the Pasta bar once and did enjoy it. I still prefer the Fish&Chips option on the Conquest class ships. One thing which slowed me down for just a moment upon entering the Pasta area was "how to order". I made my way over to where the food was being cooked (what one would do for Fish&Chips) and noticed people handing the cooks slips of paper. It then became apparent that we needed to go to another spot to grab said order form. I am apparently not sufficiently fluent in the names of the various options (sauces and such) - so I headed back to the cooking area to ask them to point out which was which before I ordered. I opted to go for something which I normally enjoy: Lasagna. While what I received was "OK", it was odd finding sweet potatoes layered in there. Not something I would try again!

I found the pasta bar to be confusing at first, too. Didn't try the lasagna. Probably won't now, LOL

YES, I have added horseradish to our (ever growing) packing list! ;)

Tom

Well, I'm adding it to my list now, too. Right behind the extension cord and duct tape.

Thanks for a great review, Tom.

We loved the ship in Europe and I can't wait to sail on her in the Caribbean.

Two more items that I wanted to add, they only offered the Platinum Perk of free laundry one time. But if you talked to your room steward they'd allow it more often on this 9 day sailing. The reason was that there were so many Platinum members on this sailing, the laundry couldn't handle the expected bag-a-day. It will go back to the bag a day after we sailed.

On the lido deck they were setting up for the next sailing and the towels they had in the bins were Christmas towels. Plaid, red/green/gold for the next sailing. I would have bought one of those if they'd had them available in the gift shop.

Two more items that I wanted to add, they only offered the Platinum Perk of free laundry one time. But if you talked to your room steward they'd allow it more often on this 9 day sailing. The reason was that there were so many Platinum members on this sailing, the laundry couldn't handle the expected bag-a-day. It will go back to the bag a day after we sailed.

On the lido deck they were setting up for the next sailing and the towels they had in the bins were Christmas towels. Plaid, red/green/gold for the next sailing. I would have bought one of those if they'd had them available in the gift shop.

.....we have such a blast.....

please consider sailing with us on the Fantasy May 8th!!!!

Hi to Mr Belvedere!!!! :D

.....we have such a blast.....

please consider sailing with us on the Fantasy May 8th!!!!

Hi to Mr Belvedere!!!! :D

Skip checked that May 8th cruise as soon as we came back because he wants to sail with Dave again! Unfortunately it doesn't come close to matching his schedule or even come close. I want to cruise with your family again, too. :D

Best wishes to all of you for a safe and wonderful Christmas, Linda!!!

Ms B

Skip checked that May 8th cruise as soon as we came back because he wants to sail with Dave again! Unfortunately it doesn't come close to matching his schedule or even come close. I want to cruise with your family again, too. :D

Best wishes to all of you for a safe and wonderful Christmas, Linda!!!

Ms B

David said to tell you that our schedule could be modified at any time if someone can find the money!!! LOL

David said to tell you that our schedule could be modified at any time if someone can find the money!!! LOL

Skip's howling (laughing), he said that if his (Skip's) schedule can be altered by then, we'll make every effort to be on the ship. He'd have to use some odd configuration of days to make it!

Skip's howling (laughing), he said that if his (Skip's) schedule can be altered by then, we'll make every effort to be on the ship. He'd have to use some odd configuration of days to make it!

I think one of us just needs to win the lottery and then we have tell the "schedules" where to go!!!!

We leave in 10 days on the Triumph......can't wait!!!!

I think one of us just needs to win the lottery and then we have tell the "schedules" where to go!!!!

We leave in 10 days on the Triumph......can't wait!!!!

We just saw on the news that there's an unclaimed lottery ticket floating around out there for a few million dollars. We said the perfect scenario for the winner would be to book a cruise and call work from Jack's Shack in Grand Turk (2 cents a minute!!!) to say I WON'T BE BACK!!!!

We're jealous of you cruising in January! :)

If I may add one wee bit of info to the review of this sailing . . . .

Ms B, and husband Skip were never once seen onboard the ship without wearing a smile. A sincere pleasure to sail with both, and for me to make new 'cruise friends'. :) :) :)

If I may add one wee bit of info to the review of this sailing . . . .

Ms B, and husband Skip were never once seen onboard the ship without wearing a smile. A sincere pleasure to sail with both, and for me to make new 'cruise friends'. :) :) :)

I can say the same about you Don - and it was a treat to see you around the ship!!!! Loved meeting you! Merry Christmas and happy future sailings to you!

Cheryl loves her shoes . . . .

La la la la la la . . . :D :D

We tried the Pasta bar once and did enjoy it. . .

I made my way over to where the food was being cooked (what one would do for Fish&Chips) and noticed people handing the cooks slips of paper. It then became apparent that we needed to go to another spot to grab said order form.

I dined w/ T-n-C on that occasion, and had it not been for Tom's sleuthing, I'd have, perhaps, given up on the ordering process. I'm not good on asking questions where I fear answers might be quite obvious, but that was certainly not the case. A simple sign over the ordering area should definitely exist.

Lasagna. While what I received was "OK", it was odd finding sweet potatoes layered in there. Not something I would try again!

It did look a bit icky (sorry, Tom), but I don't eat sweet potatoes at any time.

> We had the best waiter in the dining room (thanks Ken)!

Yes, they did. Mine was really good, but T-n-C had the cream of the crop.

We had a GREAT time, and met lots of great CC'ers and Bloggers. Looking forward to heading back in a couple of months.

Ditto what he said. :)

Yep, I look forward to yet another spin on Carnival Dream in about 57 days. :D

[quote name='DGP1111'][COLOR=darkred]Yep, I look forward to yet another spin on [I]Carnival Dream[/I] in about [COLOR="Red"]57 days[/COLOR]. :D[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Some people just like to rub it in!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hi

Can you tell me a little more about cabin 8470? That is the cabin we are booked on for April 24 b2b cruises. Did anyone explain what the soot was from and did it get cleaned away, or did you have to deal with this all week? Is there a couch in the room and is the bed a King size? Are the balconies larger than a standard balcony. Look forward to hearing from you.:)

• 1 month later...

Archived