Multiple Departure Ports on a 7 night cruise

globalwife

In a month I am leaving on a 7 night cruise from Cartagena, Colombia. The itenary we have is a closed circuit loop with 5 days in port and one sea day. Two of the other ports we will stop in are also departure ports. (Meaning people on our cruise will be ending and begining their cruise from these ports.) Have you ever been on a cruise like this? What should we expect? Is it going to make arriving at these ports extreemly caotic? Will we have different table mates each night or will they sit us with people who all boarded at our port? Any advice?

In case you are wondering this is a cruise with Pullmantur so there isn't really a cruise line specific forum I ask about this.

I wouldn't imagine that folks who are already checked in would have much problem coming and going from any of the departure/arrival ports...I mean, you've already been "cleared" and have your ship ID....you should just be able to come and go as you please, without going through a "check-in" process everytime...

Can't help you with the tablemate issue....I've never done a cruise such as the one you describe!

In a month I am leaving on a 7 night cruise from Cartagena, Colombia. The itenary we have is a closed circuit loop with 5 days in port and one sea day. Two of the other ports we will stop in are also departure ports. (Meaning people on our cruise will be ending and begining their cruise from these ports.) Have you ever been on a cruise like this? What should we expect? Is it going to make arriving at these ports extreemly caotic? Will we have different table mates each night or will they sit us with people who all boarded at our port? Any advice?

In case you are wondering this is a cruise with Pullmantur so there isn't really a cruise line specific forum I ask about this.

Is this a series of overlapping 7 night cruises each of which is a closed loop

where some pax sail (for example) from day 1 to 8, some from 2 to 9 and some from 3 to 10?

Is this a series of overlapping 7 night cruises each of which is a closed loop

where some pax sail (for example) from day 1 to 8, some from 2 to 9 and some from 3 to 10?

Yes, it is a constant 7 night closed loop. It goes Cartagena, Santa Marta, Aruba, Bonaire, Isla Margarita, Curacao, Day at Sea, Cartagana, S.M, Aruba....etc.

People can board in Cartagena, Aruba, or Isla Margarita.

This is my first cruise so I guess I won't know any different any how but it just seems very different then the info I am used to reading on this board.

Archived