Select Dining "By Day" Question

witt

We are on the Millie 2/12/10 Southern Caribbean Cruise. We have been trying to book the Select Dining by day option for a 7 PM time each night. Celebrity reps and our TA don't seem to know how to get this done. The Web Site keeps telling us it's not available at this time but another section of the site says it is. We have pre paid the tips as required but keep getting the run around. Any one having a similar problem?

If you have an excursion or specialty restaurant booked that is close to the same time, it won't let you book it. The computer is actually clever enough to see a conflict.

I had booked a specialty restaurant for a friend on the Equinox TA as she couldn't seem to to get it done from the UK. I forgot about it and had problems when I tried to book Select dining for that same night.

That probably isn't your problem, but you might look at your cruise calendar in your reservation and see if you have a conflict for that night.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

I probably didn't explain it enough but we're trying to book every night (except for one night in the Olympic) at 7 PM in the MDR.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had the same problem with select dining that you reported. It doesn't let me pick any times even though the web site indicates that they should allow it. I've called and emailed celebrity repeatedly.

I e-mailed Captain's Club about this, and they responded the next day, letting me know their IT Department is running into computer issues with allowing the Select Dining day by day reservations online. Once they fixed the glitches, we'll be able to do it. I have Select Dining on my Feb 1 Millennium cruise, and we'll just reserve on board if the online reservation isn't fixed before we leave.

Archived