Why would Outside be more expensive than Balcony?

BehrHunter

So I am watching my cruise on the RoyalCaribbean website for price drops.

This morning an Outside SR starts at $775.00 and the Balcony SR starts at $690. You can check it out yourself. Jan 24th 2010 on Mariner.

They must have hired somebody recently laid off from CITI. Thats a really good pricing structure.

So more people want outside staterooms at a higher price than balcony state rooms? Seems counterintuitive to me. Its like booking a hotel room with a view of the delivery entrance for more money than a suite overlooking the ocean with its own pool.

The only thing I can think of that would cause this to happen, is that RCCL is planning a firesale of Outside later and are just trying to get Balcony SRs filled first by making people think the Outside SRs are close to sold out.

It is all done by computer, if the outsides are selling out they raise the price so that it is higher then the balcony. It is all done by a formula.

This morning an Outside SR starts at $775.00 and the Balcony SR starts at $690. You can check it out yourself. Jan 24th 2010 on Mariner.

They must have hired somebody recently laid off from CITI. Thats a really good pricing structure.

WOW I booked our JS for less than that outside price 2 weeks ago now it is double the price

It is all about availability

Another thing to remember- If you booked through Royal Caribbean, get on the phone and swap your OV for that Balconey! Upgrade yourself and save some money!

We just saw a discount and were able to swap our E2 balconey for a JS. Plus we saved $26 each! Over the history of the reservation we saw two price reductions and then the JS opportunity. So compared to when we booked it onboard a year ago, we went from $1250 pp for a Balcony to $999 per person for the JS.

On the April 15th. Explorer sailing the lowest class of balcony (E2) has the same price it has had since March, but all of the higher class balcony rooms have gone down. So right now you can get the best class balcony (D1) for $100 per person LESS than the E2 would be. I gave up two E2's for two D1's and am saving $400! That's a lot of drinks and ummmm drinks!

Sorry for this, but, I am trying to contact MikeDadog-how did you get that countdown clock to work, mine only came up as text!! I want a cool one like yours-I tried to send you a meassage, but, all it did was request a friend-I don't need a friend, I need a countdown clock!!HAHA..Maureen

Who cares -- grab the balcony!

I did when I saw the hump on Mariner of the Seas for $529. It was less than the OV and only $130 more than the inside. I wasn't planning on another cruise but I felt a moral obligation to the balcony fairy. Yeah, I also get a $100 OBC from my TA;)

I did when I saw the hump on Mariner of the Seas for $529. It was less than the OV and only $130 more than the inside. I wasn't planning on another cruise but I felt a moral obligation to the balcony fairy. Yeah, I also get a $100 OBC from my TA;)

I knew you were smart.

(have a great trip)

The only thing I can think of that would cause this to happen, is that RCCL is planning a firesale of Outside later and are just trying to get Balcony SRs filled first by making people think the Outside SRs are close to sold out.

Not necessarily. More likely the suites were not selling well while the outsides were and therefore they reduced the price of the suites. If they have problems selling the rest of the outsides, you might see your scenario come true but I wouldn't automatically assume that their reasoning and yours are the same.

Good for you!!! Way to go!!! Great deal.

I called DH and asked should I book the hump balcony. Needless to say his idea of this balcony and RCCL is different;):D

Awesome price and greater location

Isnt that what the Balcony Club is for:D

i'm confused. what do you mean by an outside room ?????????????

out side of what ???????? i heard of oceanview. is this what you mean ?

or do you actually sleep outside.

Archived