Caribbean Islands

cbressler76

Oh, easy question. St Maarten and Miami.

I love the Miami experience. Wandering around Bayside and the Marina. South Beach before the cruise to get in the mood. Bloody lovely.

My favorite spot is Sint Maarten. The beach right down down is a great spot. Can get some sun, have a swim then wander around town. Wonderful.

I like St. Thomas, we had a blast. Love the mountain views and tram and beaches and all. I hate Miami, and I used to live in S. FL for over 13 years .... common view of those who live north of Miami. I prefer going out of Ft. Lauderdale. The port is only 10 minutes from the airport.

Oh, easy question. St Maarten and Miami.

I love the Miami experience. Wandering around Bayside and the Marina. South Beach before the cruise to get in the mood. Bloody lovely.

My favorite spot is Sint Maarten. The beach right down down is a great spot. Can get some sun, have a swim then wander around town. Wonderful.

We live in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.....so either port is good for us, but I wanted to see which ship everyone likes the best.....I was just already thinking about our next vacation after the one in Feb...... lol ;)

I agree with both on different areas, we love St Martin, great beaches and shopping, Aruba is awesome too.

We would rather sail from Ft Lauderdale because of the convinence of getting to port. But FL is a short drive to Miami, we go a couple days early and get in our Miami experience and then go back to FL the night before the cruise, convenient and cheap travel to port and from port to airport.

JMO, Have an awesome cruise whatever you choose!!!

Carole

I like St. Thomas, we had a blast. Love the mountain views and tram and beaches and all. I hate Miami, and I used to live in S. FL for over 13 years .... common view of those who live north of Miami. I prefer going out of Ft. Lauderdale. The port is only 10 minutes from the airport.

I live in Pembroke pines.....we moved here from Orlando about 4 yrs ago.... I like Ft. Lauderdale better....but I don't mind Miami....it does get crowded though...

I agree with both on different areas, we love St Martin, great beaches and shopping, Aruba is awesome too.

We would rather sail from Ft Lauderdale because of the convinence of getting to port. But FL is a short drive to Miami, we go a couple days early and get in our Miami experience and then go back to FL the night before the cruise, convenient and cheap travel to port and from port to airport.

JMO, Have an awesome cruise whatever you choose!!!

Carole

I looked up pics of St Martin......it's VERY beautiful!! Either we will be going to a cabin in the mountains or cruise....it's going to be a hard choice!! .....but I guess I should get through the vacation first before I think about our next one....lol....

We live in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.....so either port is good for us, but I wanted to see which ship everyone likes the best.....I was just already thinking about our next vacation after the one in Feb...... lol ;)

My favorite ship that I have ever been on is the Radiance of the Seas. Absolutely the prettiest ship I've been on. Nice size too. Not so large that you're competing with 5000 other people to get something to eat. I dont think the Radiance sails out of Miami or FLL so that doesn't help with your question.

Miami if i am going down a couple days early

I like Fll if im doing a red eye or only one night prior to cruise

St thomas so I can hop over to my Favorite island St John and avoid all the crowds and relax

Also Aruba

My favorite ship that I have ever been on is the Radiance of the Seas. Absolutely the prettiest ship I've been on. Nice size too. Not so large that you're competing with 5000 other people to get something to eat. I dont think the Radiance sails out of Miami or FLL so that doesn't help with your question.

She be sailing out of Tampa next year after her Alaska cruises I do agree she is Gorgeous Same size as my favorite Carnival Spirit class ships

The best cruise we have been on recently was the Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale to St. Martin, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts.

Very relaxing with the two sea days out, then bing bing bang, then two sea days back.

Hi all:)

Just back Monday from the Carnival Miracle out of Ft.Lauderdale. Loved all the ports, St.Marten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Miracle is favorite ship to date, and love cruising out of Ft.Lauderdale.

BOB

We have sailed the Conquest Class, Liberty and Valor, out of both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. DW and I really love the Valor and there is just something about sailing out of Miami that we love. I guess it's going down the causeway with the beautiful vistas of South Beach and Fisher Island.

On the east side St Thomas would be our favorite with Cokki Beach and Meagan's Bay. Down south there isn't a more beautiful spot in the Caribbean than St. Lucia. Out west Grand Cayman would win out.

It really doesn't matter much.....a port, a ship and any island will do!

Happy sailing!

She be sailing out of Tampa next year after her Alaska cruises I do agree she is Gorgeous Same size as my favorite Carnival Spirit class ships

Oh wow! The Radiance is one of my very favorite ships and Tampa is a great port. I will be checking her out for next year!!

To answer the OP, I am partial to Barbados but I don't know if anybody goes there from Miami or FL. I am also a big fan of Half Moon Cay if you like beautiful beach days. St Maarten & St Thomas are both excellent ports although they can get awfully crowded when all the Alaska ships come back to the Caribbean. I love Grand Cayman, too And Cozumel. Heck, I even loved Progresso :D I'm not much help, am I?

Hi all:)

Just back Monday from the Carnival Miracle out of Ft.Lauderdale. Loved all the ports, St.Marten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Miracle is favorite ship to date, and love cruising out of Ft.Lauderdale.

BOB

Oh, that would be an excellent choice! I have been to all those islands although not on the same itinerary. These are awesome islands and quite different from each other which would make for a great cruise along with enough days to really relax and enjoy the ship.

We will be sailing on the Valor soon.....

What do you all think of Roatan & Belize? where they pretty? I have been to Grand Caymon & Cozumel...... I probably should have booked the southern caribbean, but Valor was cheap! ...lol... ...but next year might be good... ;)

Archived