New Year's Sailing w/kids?

cruisin_family

We have a 10 month old and are leaving on Saturday for a new years cruise. Not sure what we will be doing with DS on New Years, but we will work something out. Unfortunately we are cruising princess which does not have in cabin babysitting, so we will have to work it out. Something to think about.

We have two daughters, ages 7 and 3, and leave on the Carnival Legend on 12/27. We have never cruised before. Not quite sure what will do with the girls on New Year's Eve. Hope you enjoy your cruise! I know we are super excited to be sailing 5 days from tomorrow!!

We sailed on a New Years cruise with DD when she was 2 and had a blast. They had all kinds of activities in the kids club and a special party for the kids and babysitting for the under 2's. There were tons of kids onboard, all ages infants-teens. It was alot like spring/summer cruising. I was surprised at how many kids there were because school was back in session but I guess alot of people travel durng the holidays. We are going again this year with our now 4 yr old and 1 yr old. It really is a great way to spend New Years if you have small kids!! The best I have found so far.

There is no driving anywhere, no worrying about having to hurry back and relieve the babysitter, no drunk drivers on the roads. You just drop the kids off on your "walk" to the party and pick them back up on your way back to the cabin. Im not sure how RCCL does it since Carnival does group babysitting but Im sure they are well-prepared. hey had a special menu in the dining room and party favors in the cabins. It was the most fun Ive ever had on New Years which is why we are doing it again this year.

Enjoy!!

Archived