Bayonne Parking SPRAY????

Uconnfan

We have parked there at least 4 different times for our cruises, last time being Nov21 to Nov. 29 of this year and never have had a problem. I don't doubt that some people have had trouble but it is not always that way.

Pat

We parked there Nov 29 to Dec 11 and we asked the cashier if there was going to be any paint spray while we were away and they said 'No'. But we still put a cover on our van which we bought at Walmart. We didn't want to take a chance. Anyway there was no spray when we returned.

I was going to drive to Bayonne which is only about 1 1/2 hours away, but I hear about spray in the parking lot. What is this about. Paint spray????

According to people who have posted in the East Coast Departures forum, it's been a red tape nightmare for cruisers with cars that have sustained paint damage while parked at Bayonne.

• 2 weeks later...
Click this link and scroll down to November 15.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

Several RCI passengers returned to have their cars "permanently damaged" due to over spray from the restoration of a Navy ship in dry dock.

This is not a first.

Thanks for the indormation.

We are trying to decide on a RCCL cruise - possibly Explorer of the Seas Feb 2010 out of Bayonne. NJ - so we are looking for info on this pier.

If we drive we will take the suggestion of the car cover! Thanks for the heads up. I'll check the thread suggested.

We have parked at Bayonne numerous times and NEVER had this problem. Is it fact or an urban myth?
FACT!! My brothers Escape is in the body shop getting "scraped" with a clay bar right now to remove overspray after their Halloween cruise on the Explorer. The dockyard is paying/already paid the body shop but its still a hassle.

I was going to drive to Bayonne which is only about 1 1/2 hours away, but I hear about spray in the parking lot. What is this about. Paint spray????

Sailed from Bayonne this summer and covered our car. There was lots of paint spray all over the car cover. Glad we covered our car. Lots of people were really angry to find such a mess and were really yelling at the parking attendants.

Paint spray... well it's the work...actually the sand-blasting of the ships that dock and get some quick repairs, that film of spray from the sand-blasting is what gets all over your car and sticks to it.

Cover your car!

Kathy

Thank you so much for the advice about covering our car.

Could anyone comment on the possibility of staying at a hotel in Bayonne overnight before the cruise? Do any hotels offer complimentary parking for guests who take a short cruise?? (This is common in Ontario and Michigan if people are flying/ cruising.)

Thank you very much for your helpful advice.

HAPPY NEW YEAR CRUISERS!!

----- Original Message -----

From: "Cruise Critic Message Boards" <community@cruisecritic.com>

To: <nelliott@hurontel.on.ca>

Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 8:39 PM

Subject: Reply to thread 'Bayonne Parking SPRAY????'

>

> Dear Ripley's Lady,

>

> **DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL**

>

> rkr has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bayonne Parking SPRAY???? - in the Royal Caribbean International forum of Cruise Critic Message Boards.

>

> This thread is located at:

> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106168&goto=newpost

>

> Here is the message that has just been posted:

> ***************

>

> ---Quote (Originally by Uconnfan)---

> I was going to drive to Bayonne which is only about 1 1/2 hours away, but I hear about spray in the parking lot. What is this about. Paint spray????

> ---End Quote---

> Sailed from Bayonne this summer and covered our car. There was lots of paint spray all over the car cover. Glad we covered our car. Lots of people were really angry to find such a mess and were really yelling at the parking attendants.

>

> Paint spray... well it's the work...actually the sand-blasting of the ships that dock and get some quick repairs, that film of spray from the sand-blasting is what gets all over your car and sticks to it.

>

> Cover your car!

>

> Kathy

>

> There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

>

> All the best,

> Cruise Critic

>

> Are you receiving Cruise Critic's FREE weekly newsletters for the latest cruise news, information and community updates? Sign up here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/newsletter/

>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Unsubscription information:

>

> To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:

> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid=3570004&auth=0e78f8b1459fb5529abfda13278fa4aa

>

> To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:

> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.431 / Virus Database: 270.14.123/2595 - Release Date: 12/31/09 08:52:00

Ripley's Lady - there are no hotels in Bayonne (at least no places anyone is willing to recommend). Come to the East Coast Departures board. The one hotel that we recommend for parking and cruise transfers is Country Inns in Elizabeth. There are also several park/fly hotels at the airport and you arrange your own cab or car service to Bayonne. Because of the proximity to NY, parking is very expensive in the area and is never truly "free".

Archived