Requesting advice for upcoming World Cruise

behindthescenes

I am very excited to be going on the Pacific Princess for the World cruise. I embark on February 14th, 2010. If anyone has done a world cruise or extended cruise, (I will be gone for 89 days) I would appreciate any advice you have on anything! Something I could bring or use, ideas for packing or sightseeing etc. Other then the obvious tips please as I am an experienced cruiser. Many thanks for your time and input.

I am very excited to be going on the Pacific Princess for the World cruise. I embark on February 14th, 2010. If anyone has done a world cruise or extended cruise, (I will be gone for 89 days) I would appreciate any advice you have on anything! Something I could bring or use, ideas for packing or sightseeing etc. Other then the obvious tips please as I am an experienced cruiser. Many thanks for your time and input.

This thread may be helpful

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893[url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893&highlight=6046][/url]

Enjoy every moment! And realize how lucky you are to be doing such a long cruise.

Practically...bring some magnetic hooks (very handy and can be found in hardware stores). Bring magnets to post things (like maps and your itinerary) on the metal walls,. Make your cabin comfortable and homey. Ask for better pillows if you need them. Bring scissors, scotch tape, clothes line pegs, dryer sheets, Woolite. Bring your own antibiotics and cold meds. Research and print our some info on each port. Take your own insulated mugs (for coffee or ?). A mini laptop would be great and maybe a small short wave radio - it's fun to listen to local stations.

Make sure you have auto pay set up on all your monthly bills. Cancel the garbage, internet, and cable if you can.

And finally - have a wonderful cruise!

Cheers, Dee

Excellent suggestion for the OP, but I hate the ending.

Well I guess there is no ending because some of the friendships made on this WC are still chatting away on this thread.

While the "ending" wasn't quite what we had all hoped for the cruise continues. Good friends are forever!

Hi behindthescenes!!!

I am on this cruise for the entire 107 days. Why don't you join our roll call for Pacific Princess. You have to be logged on as a member of CC. We have a very active thread and you will find very interesting and helpful people, like Wowzo. Just look for the thread that has World Cruise in the name. Looking forward to seeing you there. By the way, a few of us are doing whale watching when we hit LA. Join us!!!

I hope this isn't redundant:

1. Bring a roll of quarters for the wash

2. Pack detergent that you like

3. Pack Dryer sheets

4. Bring the over-the-door shoe organizer with Command Hooks

5. Don't forget to bring your secret passwords and log-in information for your accounts that you will be accessing on the ship's computers.

6. Pay your utilities in advance.

7. Have a neighbor pick up those annoying free newspapers and door flyers that are left at your house (aka "door junk").

Have a fabulous time! How lucky to escape the everyday world and experience this cruise! :)

In case you haven't heard, JJ will be the CD and Frankie will bethe ACD. I believe this will be JJ's last cruise. He is retiring at the end of it
Maybe Frankie will finally get a much-deserved promotion to CD. He's very good, maybe not everyone's image of the ideal CD but his organizational abilities and energy he puts into the job are what it takes to be a success.

You will LOVE this cruise.:p We did the WC this year on the TP and would do it again in a heartbeat.

My biggest tip is - lay out your clothes and put half of them away!! We took enough clothes for 3 weeks and planned on washing. But even still, we had WAY TOO MANY clothes. Yeah, you would see people in the same outfit several times, but who cares.

Also, there were only 9 formal nights in the whole 107 days - you can repeat your formal wear - so I would advise no more than 3 outfits.

Plus we bought stuff in ports and tshirts - and laundry was readily accessible and part of the entertainment (some great laundry room brawls) but you don't want to pay for luggage overages like we had to -

We bought some used paper back books and magazines to take and left them in the library when done. Many people did this, so there were lots of options as the cruise went on

Enjoy -

Also, there were only 9 formal nights in the whole 107 days - you can repeat your formal wear - so I would advise no more than 3 outfits.

Wow... Only 9 on the whole cruise???

I'm already counting down to Jan 2014 when I'll be going (if everything works out).

Archived