Lobster Night

Ronath

Wow is that a recent change? Last time we sailed was May 09 and we only had one on a seven day. When did this change?

I don't know if it was a change or they have changed to only the one that you experienced. If more recent experience says "only one", then I withdraw my remark.

it can be moved around, either sea day. the photags were out on both sea day nights, people were dressed up both nights. you need to watch the menus (on displays that afternoon) to see which night will offer lobster...if at all.

just like, sometimes, the chocolate buffet is in the afternoon and sometimes it's at night.

As much as I really like almost everything about NCL, the "lobster night" I guess is one thing for which I would provide constructive criticism. It is actually a combination seafood plate with only portion of it being lobster. Additionally, it is a small and not very good quality lobster. I believe it is the small Mexican waters lobster being used. I had a jumbo shrimp in Mazatlan that was bigger than the small in shell lobster served for lobster night last time. I think NCL believes most of the passengers still equate cruising with lobster meals and feels it is necessary to serve some. Personally, I would rather just have an excellent fish dinner maybe and let the extra charge restaurants serve a good lobster, if we feel a need for one. What is done now if feel is more for show and detracts from the otherwise good quality of the food experience. Or at least don't imply it is truly "lobster night" My opinion.

As much as I really like almost everything about NCL, the "lobster night" I guess is one thing for which I would provide constructive criticism. It is actually a combination seafood plate with only portion of it being lobster. Additionally, it is a small and not very good quality lobster. I believe it is the small Mexican waters lobster being used. I had a jumbo shrimp in Mazatlan that was bigger than the small in shell lobster served for lobster night last time. I think NCL believes most of the passengers still equate cruising with lobster meals and feels it is necessary to serve some. Personally, I would rather just have an excellent fish dinner maybe and let the extra charge restaurants serve a good lobster, if we feel a need for one. What is done now if feel is more for show and detracts from the otherwise good quality of the food experience. Or at least don't imply it is truly "lobster night" My opinion.

I agree.

The problem is so many people seem obsessed with the prospect of lobster night on a cruise ship. (Do we ever see threads titled "Which night is beef Wellington night" or "Which night is rack of lamb night?") Always puzzles me why, if lobster is so important to some, they don't simply go to a restaurant and order it.

So,

If one were to want really good Lobster on an NCL ship, and was willing to pay at the Specialty Restaurants, which restaurant should one choose for "best Lobster available on board"?

Thanks

That's what I'd like to know....which specialty restaurant? Also...I am one who would not mind knowing which night they serve "Beef Wellington"..if in fact that serve it at all. ;)

That's what I'd like to know....which specialty restaurant? Also...I am one who would not mind knowing which night they serve "Beef Wellington"..if in fact that serve it at all. ;)

We spent three weeks on Spirit this fall and had beef Wellington three times in the main dining rooms.

Are they still serving Rack of Lamb in the main DR? I thought it was only in LeBistro. And which upscale resturant does have the best lobster? Any whole lobsters to be found on board?

And is escargo still an app. in the main DR one night?

but go to Tango's for $10 and get lobster tacos which are packed with large chunks of lobster. All you can eat!!

Lamb was in the MDR but I did not get it. Lobster night on Jewel 12/9 was linguine with lobster, snapper, shrimp & mussels. I hate snapper was sick of shrimp, so I took 3 lobster tails & 9 mussels in the shell & that is what I was served. It was fabulous! Forget the butter it was great.....

No escargot in the MDR but LeBistro has it & it was excellent so I had 3 orders for my meal when my pork tenderloin was a loser. It was solid whole pepper & sea salt all over it. Like it was the wrapping of the meat. So I sent it back and did 2 more escargots. The french onion soup was very good also. LeBistro has no people in it & constant ads in the daily every day.

Are they still serving Rack of Lamb in the main DR? I thought it was only in LeBistro. And which upscale resturant does have the best lobster? Any whole lobsters to be found on board?

And is escargo still an app. in the main DR one night?

actually the wife wanted both..so we both ordered the lobster and split a beef wellington..:)

Archived