ICE CREAM ONBOARD - NO FREE NO MORE?

On our January Mariner cruise, Ben & Jerry’s was extra. (don't know how much) The soft serve right next store and by the pool was free. By the way, Ben and Jerry’s was never opened.

On the May Sovereign, soft serve was free in the Windjamme. Ben and Jerry bars were sold on ship and on Coco Cay. (Don't know how much)

Hope this helps

Marci

There has always been a charge for Ben & Jerry's if I remember correctly. However, on most ships there are self serve ice cream machines in the Windjammer that are open during the afternoon. On the Voyager class these are machines in the Promenade that are open longer hours. I do have to say that the quality of the ice cream in the machines is not up to the quality of Ben & Jerry's.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I used to love the soft serve machines on the Voyager class but then they switched to frozen yogurt (no soft serve ice cream!). It just has a funny taste to me. But since I am cheap I won't pay for Ben and Jerry's. Oh well, at least it helps my diet!!!

yes, they have frozen yogurt that is free of charge on the royal promenade.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;11;0;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I turn the big 4 0

Enchantment of the Seas 10/02

Navigator of the Seas 2/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2006;2;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until our bi-annual family sailing on the Mariner

When I cruised on the Soverign last Memorial Day they ran out of the vanilla Soft Serve ice cream on the ship. For the dessert on the last night they had to serve some other kind of ice cream with the cake.

I guess they weren't prepared for all the children aboard.

Soveriegn of the Seas 5/2003

Majesty of the Seas 5/2004 (in 1 week!)

All Voyager ships have the soft yogart out of the machines free of charge. All the ships we have been on, except Ben & Jerry, have free yogart.

Sovereign 598

Sovereign 599

Sovereign 500

Voyager 1100

Explorer 501

Radiance 1101

Majesty 302

Adventure 402

Enchantment 1102

Monarch 103

Legend 403

Navigator 1103

Mariner 304

Grandeur 404

Sovereign 504

Serenade 1104

I prefer the soft serve that is in the lido restaurant. Do they still have that? Not a fan of gourmet ice cream-too much fat in that stuff.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean

HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas

Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

Yes most ships serve it in the Winjammer at lunch. I too am spoiled by this. The Voyager class ships have a place you can get it about all day.

Sovereign 598

Sovereign 599

Sovereign 500

Voyager 1100

Explorer 501

Radiance 1101

Majesty 302

Adventure 402

Enchantment 1102

Monarch 103

Legend 403

Navigator 1103

Mariner 304

Grandeur 404

Sovereign 504

Serenade 1104

• 1 month later...

Just off the Mariner from last week and the soft serve ice cream was available on the Promenade and up by the pool. It is FREE and was flowing non-stop during the hours it was available. I think something like 10 am until 11:00 pm or so. We still saw people diving in during the 10:30 parades too. They do have a Ben & Jerry's bar, but we never tried it and yes, they do charge for that. You should be able to get your fill from the soft serve bars though and they also offered free toppings as well.

You can have ice cream free every night dinner time, you can even ask for extra scoops.

You can live without ice cream for a week, there is enough junk food and deserts to help you add on many callories.

We eat too much ice cream at home as it is.

You should be able to get your fill from the soft serve bars though and they also offered free toppings as well.

What kinds of toppings do they have for the soft serve? :D My sweet tooth wants to know! :D

I am one of the few who don't want Ben and Jerrys or Hadzen Doz. I prefer the soft serve. I hope they continue to have that in the Windjammer. I know Carnival now has a dessert and coffee bar where you can buy sundaes and milkshakes but I never did except once a frozen cappacino when I was on Miracle. I loved the soft serve though.

We are booking a Mariner cruise. although I may go to Johnny Rockets once or twice and buy a choc. mocha shake (the only thing I really like that they serve) I would prefer the soft serve in the windjammer. I hope they continue to have it. To me it is no big deal if you pay extra for the gourmet ice cream as long as you can still have the soft serve for free-now if they start charging for that or stop offering the soft serve I will be a little testy.

Archived