Nine Days of DREAMin' 12/3-12 WOOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

I haven't sailed on Carnival....you mention boarding by zones...what do you mean?

So it isn't like RCCL, where you check in and then immediately walk on?

Yes, like as you described on RCCL, if you arrive after boarding has started...you check in and immediately walk on.

However, IF you arrive early (like 10AM) before boarding starts....you are seated in zones.... wedding party first, then VIP, then wheelchairs and then zone 1, etc.

I headed down to Deck 4 to explore Lower Dream Street, wow, this was a brilliant addition to the design! It runs the length of the ship from the Atrium to the aft dining room and entertainment area above on Deck 5. It was totally underutilized, I think lots of folks never paid attention...the kids areas are off the "street" here, as is the library, a conference room, and the upper crimson dining room...also a Fun Hub, always practically empty when I went by, even on sea days...and lots of nooks and crannies to sit in....

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

Ooooh , the kids areas are great fun on the Dream too!!

The "warehouse" video/game area...loved the partial "brick" walls and the turbines on the main wall as you enter! My teenager friend DJ came along while I was taking pics and pointed them out to me so I wouldn't miss the intermittent "glow" when the engines started up!

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

Circle C...

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

Guitar Hero zone...

IMG_1889.jpg

Their own Fun Hub!!

IMG_1891.jpg

The Fun Hub on LDS, and the Chambers conference room...

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

The entrance for the upper Crimson DR was here too, which adds more entrances into the DR, very smart! I liked the matching decor of the DR's on the Dream, and I went in to see the layout of Crimson upper...similar, with some slight variation, the staircases in Crimson are curved while in our Scarlett they are angular...

There is a sweet area in upper Crimson, I never went to see if it's in Scarlett too...right in the top center, there's an area of around 6-8 tables for two, that's one step down from the upper floor, and in it's own railed off space. Lovely and what a view! Reminded of a theater private box...

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

The library, heeeeheeee, what a fun place they made...for some reason it had me giggling thinking of "Alice through the Looking Glass"....I spent some happy time here later in the week sending some emails....there were some folks who found a happy place to play some cards too....it's right off the Atrium as you enter LDS...

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

Look how cute this lighting is!

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

I was almost out of exploring time, this was the Gators-Bama game day and Todd promised to get it on the big screen....but I was already forward so from the library I went to the forward stairways and up, thinking I would head up to Lido that way and see some more on the way...

And I found this curious thing on the stairwell at Deck mmmm, 7 or 8, I think...

IMG_1908.jpg

I was sure there was a word or something in here so I studied for a bit, then went up through the decks to see if there were more...yup...

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

These were SO cute, and the details were delightful!!

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

And this....look familiar?

IMG_1917.jpg

We were on the same 9 day cruise. I have read some good and bad things about the Dream and this cruise. This was our 13th and it was not an unlucky cruise. We stayed in a Spa Balcony (12203) and loved it. We also did the "behind the fun" tour of the ship, it was great. I think everyone should do at least one behind the fun type tour. You really get to see how hard all the crew and staff work to make the ship operate.

leedm:D:D

I was hunting for the artist name for research, and finally I found one with a clear shot at reading who created these happy things...I love art that brings happy feelings...

IMG_1912.jpg

Soon as I got home I found out that Mr. Shemi has done artwork for Carnival before, on the Sensation, the Paradise, and the Elation. I haven't sailed those yet so it was all new to me!

There is an exhibit of his work in Delray Beach in March and I do believe I will go...love his work, and thank you Mr. Shemi!

You can read about him here:

http://www.bluefineart.com/artist_show_6.html

We were on the same 9 day cruise. I have read some good and bad things about the Dream and this cruise. This was our 13th and it was not an unlucky cruise. We stayed in a Spa Balcony (12203) and loved it. We also did the "behind the fun" tour of the ship, it was great. I think everyone should do at least one behind the fun type tour. You really get to see how hard all the crew and staff work to make the ship operate.

leedm:D:D

I will make sure I do that Behind the Fun tour next time!! It will kill me to not be able to take pics though...:o:p

I forgot to say that this was the day we had a transformer blow out or something and we went on generator...I was busy running up and down stairwells anyhow so my first notice was Todd's announcement around 1pm that there was an electrical problem, they were running on generator, and nothing was affecting ship navigation...Todd's announcements were frequent and reassuring. There were some passengers that got stuck in the elevators:( and that was clearly the main focus of Todd's announcements and urgency...

I am not sure how long it took to get them out, but a short while after that they re-booted the whole system and it was back to normal after about an hour....

Now I was out of time for sure so I headed up to Lido and went aft for some coffee and a view of the Lido aft pool area...I am happy that they left this open, I am not a fan of closing ceilings at sea, it's just not very shippish to me...I know it's a trade-off on bad weather days, but there's plenty of covered outside areas to enjoy even in rain, JMO...

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

The party was on at Lido mid-ship and I watched the game long enough to see that the tide was clearly rolling over the gators this day....:p and I headed off for a nap before dinner...what a glorious day!

THANK YOU for this wonderful review! I am booked on the Dream for the April 3rd 2010 Western Caribbean cruise, and I am so happy to see some positive comments. And the pics are awesome!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment!

T.H.E.M.

I forgot to say that this was the day we had a transformer blow out or something and we went on generator...I was busy running up and down stairwells anyhow so my first notice was Todd's announcement around 1pm that there was an electrical problem, they were running on generator, and nothing was affecting ship navigation...Todd's announcements were frequent and reassuring. There were some passengers that got stuck in the elevators:( and that was clearly the main focus of Todd's announcements and urgency...

I am not sure how long it took to get them out, but a short while after that they re-booted the whole system and it was back to normal after about an hour....

The Spa Elevator caused a circuit to blow which cascaded (like dominos) throughout the ship.

Folks were retrieved from elevators in about 15 minutes...the total outage lasted a little over an hour.

(they have to find "which" circuit and since I believe they said they had to check over 400....it took a little time)

As Floatie said...nothing crucial was affected....

Great review going Floatie. Can't wait to see mare of the 42,000 pics you took...LOL....

It is cool about the rainbow. We saw quite a few on this cruise. We saw some in the early AM on our balcony. Then we saw some in Antigua when leaving Jolly Beach. Saw some on out Tortola to Jost Van Dyke sail too.......

I will make sure I do that Behind the Fun tour next time!! It will kill me to not be able to take pics though...:o:p

DW & I did the "Behind the Fun" tour and loved it, being able to see just a glimpse of what goes on behind the fun, it was a wonderful 3.5 hour tour with "stops & steps", many, many steps. :D

THANK YOU for this wonderful review! I am booked on the Dream for the April 3rd 2010 Western Caribbean cruise, and I am so happy to see some positive comments. And the pics are awesome!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment!

T.H.E.M.

You are most welcome and you will love her!! I can't wait until November when I get to go again!:)

Dinner tonight was Veal Parmigiana, one of my favorites! I was not disappointed! It was also short ribs night, somebody had them and they looked great too!

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

And bad doggie jr loved the fish too!

IMG_1924.jpg

I forgot to take pics of dessert, the show kept me busy! In the DR now they have built in pedestals throughout the room and they use them for serving until it's time to partay!! The staff was fabulous and Ken puts on a real show!!!

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

After dinner it was time for the PB fun! Then along comes Ken to join in, wow, this guy could sing for a living, seriously... First maitre'd I ever saw out and about after dinner, the man has boundless energy! Todd also came in several times for sing-a-long fun with Damian, such good times...

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

I was determined to get to bed earlier this night because the next day is Antigua and our gang's "Christmas on the Beach" celebration...so I skipped the disco and off to the cabin for more surprises, woooo hooo I was waiting for this one!

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

And a backpack thingy from John, which came in handy again!

IMG_1938.jpg

Archived