Nine Days of DREAMin' 12/3-12 WOOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

First formal night was a total blast! Ken makes everyone feel like you are sharing a meal in his "home", he covers that MDR like a blanket, and it's just fun fun fun. The MDR is a destination experience for us, we look forward to it, and this one was fantastic.

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

I know you're all sick of seeing the chandeliers but I just loved them, and it's my review:p Don't they look like upside down votives? I never could tell what they're suspended by...but I kept trying...

IMG_1788.jpg

The service was exceptional, LOVED our server Raphaela, what a gem! Our bar server was Waranya, also amazingly quick with attentive service the whole week. How they learn so fast what you like and it's just there from the first day on is astonishing to me. I have waited tables and tended bar in my life and believe me, it's not easy to do this, much less for 3000+ different people every week!

In the background here is Raphaela...I sure hope somebody got a better pic of her dang it!!

IMG_1780.jpg

And adorable Waranya, who greeted us every night with a huge smile and knew what I wanted after day 1...

IMG_1722.jpg

We were all happy happy with the dinners, hot and served as requested. I had prime rib TWICE on this trip and it was perfect each time! I still wish they would get better horseradish, and put it in a creamy horsey sauce type, my only suggestion:D Sometimes it's hard, with a crowd, to get your beef cooked the way you like it, but not tonight....these prime ribs you'd swear were cooked to order one by one...delicious!

IMG_1781.jpg

Seemed like the lobster tails were a big hit too!

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

Time for dessert! This was an apple pastry thing with caramel sauce that one of the gang had....

IMG_1794.jpg

Not me though, I am one that loves the WCMC, and it was also perfectly prepared, like a hot fudge sundae that you assemble to your liking...accompanied by a double espresso... and now I'm hungry....

IMG_1796.jpg

What time were you able to embark on the first day in Port Canaveral? check in time to boarding time?

When Jeffie and I got to the counter to check-in, they were finished boarding Platinum already and calling Zone 1, and this was about 10:45-11. We were on board at 11:15, very very fast. I will say though, that the Dream arrived without passengers for our sail, we'll have to check with the cruises that followed us to see if that holds. When we returned, it was one of the earliest and quickest debarks ever too....

They are waaaay too efficient at debarkation. I felt like I barely got to sleep when the announcements for debarkation started. ACK!!! (And to think I went to bed early with my migraine... ugh! The good news was the meds worked and I felt fine the next day, just groggy.)

They were knocking at our door at 7 a.m.Off very early.But I think that is why PC is such an easy port.early off for us means early on for the next people.

They are waaaay too efficient at debarkation. I felt like I barely got to sleep when the announcements for debarkation started. ACK!!! (And to think I went to bed early with my migraine... ugh! The good news was the meds worked and I felt fine the next day, just groggy.)

I'm just glad I'm not on a ship out of Port Canaveral for a while. That port is brutal on debark day. 6:45 in room zone calls....Really?!?!?! Two in a row from there with my friends and we all have the same horror stories. I even went to bed at 2:00 am. That's a record for me on debark day!:eek:

I haven't sailed on Carnival....you mention boarding by zones...what do you mean?

So it isn't like RCCL, where you check in and then immediately walk on?

People tend to get there really early to get on and start their cruise. Once the ship is cleared, they start with VIP and then in order as to how they went through check in (each was given a sequential number 1,2,3 etc..) It moves very quickly.

We were all happy happy with the dinners, hot and served as requested. I had prime rib TWICE on this trip and it was perfect each time! I still wish they would get better horseradish, and put it in a creamy horsey sauce type, my only suggestion:D Sometimes it's hard, with a crowd, to get your beef cooked the way you like it, but not tonight....these prime ribs you'd swear were cooked to order one by one...delicious!

IMG_1781.jpg

Seemed like the lobster tails were a big hit too!

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

Time for dessert! This was an apple pastry thing with caramel sauce that one of the gang had....

IMG_1794.jpg

Not me though, I am one that loves the WCMC, and it was also perfectly prepared, like a hot fudge sundae that you assemble to your liking...accompanied by a double espresso... and now I'm hungry....

IMG_1796.jpg

OMG ! I can't stop drooling!!! Bad idea for me to look at these photos! lol

I can't wait!! About a year to go!

Debbie

Debbie

Just think.... a little over a year ago.....we were in the same spot.....

it passes quickly....not quickly enough...but quickly!!!! :D

After dinner, it was time to get to the Piano Bar for Damian's first night performing...now the routine is usually...MDR dinner, piano bar till close, disco dancing, Lido pizza at 4...but not tonight, I was well done toast shortly after dinner tonight, so I went for a short song and called it a day, and what a loooong lovely day it was!!!

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Did I tell yas I loved our cabin on Deck 6 aft? Easy to head up from all the action on Deck 5 when you're ready

I realized when I got up there that I hadn't unpacked, hadn't checked out the cabin, and hadn't yet stepped foot on our balcony!!!:rolleyes:

If you all are into the party end of the ship book an aft cabin. Deck 6 is a great area for this. The promanade deck below does nt stick out far so people can't see up your bathrobe in the AM....LOL.....

I for one was unpacked and out partying while Floatie was shall we say "sleeping"....:rolleyes:

We had a great cabin with the best location.....6464.....:cool:;)

If you all are into the party end of the ship book an aft cabin. Deck 6 is a great area for this. The promanade deck below does nt stick out far so people can't see up your bathrobe in the AM....LOL.....

I for one was unpacked and out partying while Floatie was shall we say "sleeping"....:rolleyes:

We had a great cabin with the best location.....6464.....:cool:;)

:cool:And a easy cabin number to remember!! :D On my Conquest cruise I had 1212 !!!!!:p

OK while I'm on the subject of crew, I gotta tell you this most amazing thing...on this sail, we saw several crew that we had sailed with before on Glory, it was so much fun, and hilarious that they remembered us for some reason...:eek::D So in the PB, we saw I Made the server, and in the MDR we saw the Chef and it was a happy reunion!

But then, on one of my travels through the aft pool bar area, I see the bartender is Jelko, who I had sailed with on Ecstasy out of Galveston. He tended the Society Bar, a favorite stop for us on Ecstasy. and was fabulous. So up to the bar I go and he looks up and it's instant recognition and warm hellos and how are yous...and THEN he says...and how is your MOM, is she with you?:eek: Wow, the sail we met Jelko on was in April 2008, can you imagine how many passengers he has met since then... THAT sums up my overall experience with Carnival crew!!:)

It was fun seeing crew members that had met before. As soon as Jelko saw that hand waving above the bar he knew it was you....LOL.....:p

I am a dead man....

Debbie

WOOOHOO Debbie, you will love her!! I am getting to go again in November next year with the Crazie Dreamers and I can't wait either!!!:D

We're having dinner here today, and I am trying to get more up here in between...just couldn't get here last night, too much merry-making going on:p

Merry Christmas to all!!!

After dinners we would head to the PB for some mayhem and then to the disco to close. Tonight we headed up to Lido pizza, then it was just me, Bonnie, and Jeffie left standing... so we headed to our cabin to hang out on the balcony....maybe 4am-ish? On the way we passed this mural, which ties in to some other things I will show you here shortly, and I started to appreciate some of the vision of Joe Farcus behind the Dream...

IMG_1810.jpg?t=1261835195

When we got to the cabin, more presents!!!

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

And then outside, because we knew it was almost time to see one of the best times at sea...there's nothing quite like watching a new day be born at sea!!

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

We were way blessed this morning, because there was some weather ahead that we could see as we approached...and we got to see a rainstorm assemble itself in the distance off portside....

IMG_1832.jpg

And then...a most special gift to start our new day....

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

My Dad always said rainbows were the bridge for angels coming from heaven, and so they always bring sweet thoughts of all my angel family who have gone ahead up there:)

A couple hours sleep, some room service coffee and croissants on the balcony <another gorgeous day> and it was time for more ship-exploring...I had a strategy because you need one for this big girl, lots of new things to see!!

Starting with the hallways! I walked the length of Deck 6 to see more of what I had spotted earlier...it did not disappoint! Dream is a whimsical blend of nostalgia-meets-high-tech....gorgeous glowing Atrium, Lido big screen and laser shows, and then, artwork of golden ages gone by...this was one of my favorite days...love sea days!

The cabin deck hallways are lined with the most fabulous murals between cabin doors...

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

And then at the stairwells forward and aft...

IMG_1857.jpg

Archived