Nine Days of DREAMin' 12/3-12 WOOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

As always, slept like a baby:p and woke up at I don't know what time, I don't do time on ship...but room service coffee and croissants and I was ahhhhhhhhhh, at my favorite place in the world....

Morning mist gave way to a clear beautiful day, and my first view of Promenade from the balcony...our cabin was aft of the Promenade's widest point, and happily, I had no trouble with noise or view....

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

This is the view from our balcony chairs...:D

IMG_1745.jpg

I spent a lot of time on these sea days wandering the ship, and she is one loooooong ship...I even went prepared to find her too big for my taste, my personal favorite is Fantasy, followed by Ecstasy...:)

But I loved this Dream. There's the familiar, and yet, totally different feel in some areas, some brand new designs...and lots of fabulous details!!!

I started by heading back to the Atrium that first sea day morning, where the golf pro was working on swings, and folks were wandering about in the shops, or people watching from the rows of comfy seats that line the Atrium around Deck 4. Then there's that wall of golden glow, which is repeated in the hallways and around the elevators...

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

One more Lido thing that dropped my jaw before dinner and then I have to go and get ready for work tomorrow, dang it!

We had late seating, we LOVE late seating, means no rushing, and I do like to have assigned table and servers, it's part of what I look forward to...

Around 7PM, Lido music started building and you knew something different was happening...

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

WOW, I enjoyed this, it's the new laser shows, and tonight was a preview of main shows later in the week. I was scrambling for my camera and did a crappy job doing it justice:o....Do not miss!!

See yas tomorrow, sweet dreams!!!

Hi Floatie we will have early sitting but what time is the light show at so we will not miss that?

You are obviously a pro at these reviews. Did you get lessons from Mach??? Very nice job, love how you incorporate the pictures. The first Platinum perk you received, that is a new one from what we have ever received. Looked yummy!

You are obviously a pro at these reviews. Did you get lessons from Mach??? Very nice job, love how you incorporate the pictures. The first Platinum perk you received, that is a new one from what we have ever received. Looked yummy!

What a sweet thing to say jimbo, thank you...and you can bet I have paid a lot of attention to Mach's reviews:D I don't have the gift of writing he has, but I do write from the heart...:) and take lots of pics;)

And yeah, baby, that plate was a welcome sight, delish!!:p I love Platinum:cool:

I can't wait either... thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading, I get more from getting to relive it all again for sure!!:D

I was delayed tonight because my nephew and his fiance arrived from OKC for the holidays, and I had to go right over to my sister's for my first hugs...I miss him so much!!!:)

At this rate I'll be here till Christmas:rolleyes::p

Here's my strategy for Lido, developed from my cruises on Glory...mainly, it's avoiding noon to 1, and then, for me, it's strolling around the various buffets until I find one that's not too busy and eating there that day...it is congested on Dream and this can be a challenge on this ship.

Out by the main pool starboard is the hamburger/hot dog grill and to port side is the pizza. As you go inside towards aft, the first station is the Mongolian Grill, WAY popular and delicious, but custom prepared so there is a wait at most times, peak times the most of course. Then opposite is the first of two "main" buffets, which backs up to the second one further aft. Opposite the second one is the dessert bar, not usually crowded and I prowled there most every day....some days I had dessert before lunch or for lunch, just because I could...

Then by the aft pool on port side is the Deli, and starboard is Tandoori. Wow I am not a big fan of Indian but the Tandoori Grill was my favorite!!! This is where I happily landed for my first Lido lunch...

IMG_1768.jpg?t=1261532357

Wow this was good stuff, the fish was grilled perfectly, and spiced almost like a dry rub on ribs, no grease, no sauce, wonderful! The rice was a little lemony with a little spice thrown in, and the beef melted in your mouth. I never did find out more about that puffy beef thing up next to the tomato but it was yummo. Fabulous!

There is less of a wait at Tandoori because they are able to grill ahead and have servers to select from. The Mongolian Grill and Pasta Bar were the longest waits, as they are cooked to order. The regular buffets and the hamburger grill and the pizza were not long waits at any time I went through, except for the last sea day which was rainy and windy so inside Lido was crowded...

I am thrilled to read Mach's report of the improvements they have made, it's a brilliant idea to offer food on Deck 5, I think that will be a big hit, especially with this ship's design and the Ocean Plaza...it's as much an entertainment hub as Lido! The brunch in the MDR, another fabulous idea!!! This should alleviate even the peak times....

Once I had my lunch, I headed to see Big D at the portside pool bar, and the hairy chest contest was just beginning...heeeheeeeeee, it was fun watching so much fun, and as you can see, the contestants were a wide range of ages and ummmm, shapes lol. The winner was 70 years old and oh-so-happy-proud...it was a blast to watch!

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

I've had a couple Platinum roomies this year on ships. The cheese tray on the Dream was much better than what was served on the Glory; hopefully this is going fleetwide (although I suppose there are others who prefer the other snacks.) Just personal preference.

So Floatie girl, yes, I am definitely having fun reliving our little journey through your pictures and words. The pre-cruise partay at the Doubletree was fabulous. What a great way to kick things off! I am now officially hooked on the Mandarin Vodka w/cranberry. Yummmmmmoooooo!! I guess I should have finished those last two beers at the hotel that night, then my sister wouldn't have gotten busted when they were in the cooler with my Diet Dew. Whoopsies! :p :D

I had forgotten all about the guy on the deck who did the little trick with the ashes. That was a fun way to start our Lido party.

Night 1, while you were napping, the rest of us got to hear Damian debut one of his new songs, "In Bonnie's Arms". Several tears and hugs later we moved on to more lightheartedness with our favorite "drankin' song" as we all joined in to Lift Up Your Skirt!!

One other passing recollection of our early time on the cruise was cancelling our See Antigua excursion in order to let Damian take us to Jolly Beach. It was a pleasant surprise on my final bill to see we got 100 percent refund, however I did get overcharged $20 for my luggage express fee. If I get motivated I'll write Carnival a letter about it (since my sister was also overcharged), but regardless, it was still worth every penny not to have to haul the suitcases to the airport. I love being able to put them outside my room the night before and not see them again until I'm in my home airport.

Now back to Floatie's regularly scheduled review... :D

Later that afternoon, John invited the Bloggers to High Tea in the Crimson DR and off we went....delightful Earl Gray and more lovely treats to choose from...I was hoping by now the bigger size clothes I packed at the bottom of my suitcase would be big enough by the end of the cruise:o

Isn't she lovely? This smile is like hundreds we saw on staff all week, honestly, I don't know how some of the things I read about the staff could possibly be accurate....I never encountered a single crewmember that wasn't helpful and happy to do it...:confused:

IMG_1777.jpg

Now this was lovely too I must say, see that chocolate-fresh fruit tart, oh my!

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

Whew, after this it was time for a nap, then getting ready for our first Elegant Evening, I love these!

I've had a couple Platinum roomies this year on ships. The cheese tray on the Dream was much better than what was served on the Glory; hopefully this is going fleetwide (although I suppose there are others who prefer the other snacks.) Just personal preference.

So Floatie girl, yes, I am definitely having fun reliving our little journey through your pictures and words. The pre-cruise partay at the Doubletree was fabulous. What a great way to kick things off! I am now officially hooked on the Mandarin Vodka w/cranberry. Yummmmmmoooooo!! I guess I should have finished those last two beers at the hotel that night, then my sister wouldn't have gotten busted when they were in the cooler with my Diet Dew. Whoopsies! :p

I had forgotten all about the guy on the deck who did the little trick with the ashes. That was a fun way to start our Lido party.

Night 1, while you were napping, the rest of us got to hear Damian debut one of his new songs, "In Bonnie's Arms". Several tears and hugs later we moved on to more lightheartedness with our favorite "drankin' song" as we all joined in to Lift Up Your Skirt!!

One other passing recollection of our early time on the cruise was cancelling our See Antigua excursion in order to let Damian take us to Jolly Beach. It was a pleasant surprise on my final bill to see we got 100 percent refund, however I did get overcharged $20 for my luggage express fee. If I get motivated I'll write Carnival a letter about it (since my sister was also overcharged), but regardless, it was still worth every penny not to have to haul the suitcases to the airport. I love being able to put them outside my room the night before and not see them again until I'm in my home airport.

Now back to Floatie's regularly scheduled review... :D

LOL, I had my debut of Bonnie's song on formal night, more tears, but happy ones:)

Please jump in anytime y'all, I had a few "naps" on this cruise didn't I:eek::rolleyes:...but more than one sunrise before sleeping too!!:p

OK while I'm on the subject of crew, I gotta tell you this most amazing thing...on this sail, we saw several crew that we had sailed with before on Glory, it was so much fun, and hilarious that they remembered us for some reason...:eek::D So in the PB, we saw I Made the server, and in the MDR we saw the Chef and it was a happy reunion!

But then, on one of my travels through the aft pool bar area, I see the bartender is Jelko, who I had sailed with on Ecstasy out of Galveston. He tended the Society Bar, a favorite stop for us on Ecstasy. and was fabulous. So up to the bar I go and he looks up and it's instant recognition and warm hellos and how are yous...and THEN he says...and how is your MOM, is she with you?:eek: Wow, the sail we met Jelko on was in April 2008, can you imagine how many passengers he has met since then... THAT sums up my overall experience with Carnival crew!!:)

Its wonderful to read a rave review. It was getting scary to read all the negative ones. Now I'm really looking forward to our cruise in May.

You have no worries' date=' only a wonderful sail to look forward to!!! Go to have fun, be flexible, and you will have a boatload of fun on your hands!!:D[/size']

Wow, i just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm waiting eagerly for the "rest of the story"! :D

Heeeheee, I'm planning to take some time today to continue, there are plenty of late night-weekends worked for me to trade in on!!:cool:

Thank you!! And welcome to CC, you will love it here!!!:)

Archived