Soda on NCL

barryn

Adult and Teen Soda Program (ages 13 and older)

Unlimited Fountain Soda - $6.25/day

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

NCL was also (at least when we went) very insistant that you use the thermal mug that you get when you purchase the pop package, kind of a pain taking it with you everywhere, but if you do you can get pop when ever you want!

Based on recent reports here on CC, I don't think that's the case any longer. Many people have indicated that they have been given glasses of soda.

NCL was also (at least when we went) very insistant that you use the thermal mug that you get when you purchase the pop package, kind of a pain taking it with you everywhere, but if you do you can get pop when ever you want!

We didn't get the thermal mug in April so it would have been hard for them to insist on it;).

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity and applicable taxes

From that, it seems to mean cruise days, rather than cruise nights.

So, if I am going on a 3 night (4 day) cruise, is the price (4 days X $6.25) + 15% tip (a total of $28.75)?

I think that's what it means by cruise days, rather than cruise nights (3 nights x $6.25) + 15% tip (a total of $21.56).

If that's the case, it includes being charged for debarkation day also.

From that, it seems to mean cruise days, rather than cruise nights.

So, if I am going on a 3 night (4 day) cruise, is the price (4 days X $6.25) + 15% tip (a total of $28.75)?

I think that's what it means by cruise days, rather than cruise nights (3 nights x $6.25) + 15% tip (a total of $21.56).

If that's the case, it includes being charged for debarkation day also.

NCL does not count embarkation day PLUS disembarkation day as two days. If you board on a Sunday and disembark on a Sunday, it's a 7-day cruise, not an 8-day cruise. It's 7 nights onboard.

NCL does not count embarkation day PLUS disembarkation day as two days. If you board on a Sunday and disembark on a Sunday, it's a 7-day cruise, not an 8-day cruise. It's 7 nights onboard.

Ok. Thanks. I didn't buy the soda card before and I'm thinking of buying it this time. The $7.00 difference isn't that big of a deal. I was just curious.

So, NCL only has one diet soda?

Enjoy

Since I am going on the Pearl with my GF and she doesn't drink much soda, will they allow me to just buy one pass and I can get unlimited soda for myself and "share" with my GF?

Not a good way to start your CC career. Welcome to the boards.

If you go to the unlimited buffet at home are you allowed to share? Of course not, this is no different. Do people do it? Sure. Is it the right thing to do? Only you can answer that, but the bottom line is that NCL does not expect you to share the card.

The past couple of cruises we took with NCL we took our own soda along onto the ship. The last cruise we carried it on in our backpack and one cruise before that we put a 12 pack in one piece of our luggage, the only thing they did with the 12 pack was they opened up the case to check and make sure we didn't have any beer mixed in with the soda.

So, NCL only has one diet soda?

Enjoy

I believe so. I don't think that is any different than the other cruise lines. I believe Princess and RCCL only had diet Coke.

Sometimes you can get different sodas in a can, but you can't use a soda card on these.

If you drink a non-caffeinated diet soda, I would recommend bringing some on board with you.

How much is it if you buy one glass of soda? Just want to see how many glasses I would need to buy to reach $43.75

Not sure about a glass but a can of soda costs slightly more than $2.00 (including the 15% gratuity). Also, chances are you can get two glasses out of one can.

Just thought I would update this a bit. We were on the GEM for the 12/19 cruise and there is no Mt. Dew on the ship....anywhere. Luckily we were able to pick up a case at the first port and carry it back on the ship.

Does NCL serve Coke products or Pepsi?

Both trips on the Jewel, [March 09 and November 05] they served Coke products. They would put a little sticker with the Coke insignia on your card to show you had the pop card. They may have changed vendors since March though, I am not sure about that.

Dave

Both trips on the Jewel, [March 09 and November 05] they served Coke products. They would put a little sticker with the Coke insignia on your card to show you had the pop card. They may have changed vendors since March though, I am not sure about that.

Dave

NCL has done away with Coke products on all of their ships at this point. :)

Just thought I would update this a bit. We were on the GEM for the 12/19 cruise and there is no Mt. Dew on the ship....anywhere. Luckily we were able to pick up a case at the first port and carry it back on the ship.

Now that is going to make DS and me both sad. I may have to bring Coke on board now. I really don't like Pepsi, but I do like Mt. Dew, so that is normally what I have at a Pepsi location.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if that is only limited ships. :confused:

How much is it if you buy one glass of soda? Just want to see how many glasses I would need to buy to reach $43.75

Even though we are usually quite careful with money, we still get a soda card for DH even though he probably won't save money. At 3 times a day, or almost break even and that is where DH probably is. (lunch - dinner and one other time) But, for us, the convenience of being able to just show you card rather than handing it over, signing a form, etc, is worth the few cents a day we may lose on him. DS and I will definitely get our money's worth out of the cards.

Now that is going to make DS and me both sad. I may have to bring Coke on board now. I really don't like Pepsi, but I do like Mt. Dew, so that is normally what I have at a Pepsi location.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if that is only limited ships. :confused:

I ordered a Cherry Coke in the Spinnaker lounge to be made with grenadine, and it really tasted like Coke.....so they may have it in certain bars on the ship........probably on hand for Rum and Cokes. Later in the cruise I tried to get a Cherry Coke from the Java cafe bar, and it was definitely made with Pepsi and not coke.

Archived