Limited-mobility-friendly excursions

coach_anne

Looking for limited-mobility-friendly excursions in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia, & Antigua.

Also, need to learn how to research this. Princess lists wheelchair-friendly tours, and that's a start, but I'm not as restricted as someone chair-bound. I can walk and do a few stairs if there's a railing, but can only be on my feet a few minutes at a time. Have a TravelScoot (ultra-light, collapsible), need to find excursions that will accommodate me & it.

Suggestions, for either excursions or resources?

AmpleThanks in advance.

I use a travelscoot. I second Splinter's recommndation. Princess uses large buses with high steps for their "easy" excursion. I have not found these excursion to be excellent. They are a drive through the area. I find it better to contact independent operators. I explain my limitations fully and sometimes e-mail them a photo of the travelscoot. I have gotten excursion that both take into account my limitations and my interests. Good luck. I think you will like Princess while on the ship but they are clueless about excursions.

Looking for limited-mobility-friendly excursions in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia, & Antigua.

Also, need to learn how to research this. Princess lists wheelchair-friendly tours, and that's a start, but I'm not as restricted as someone chair-bound. I can walk and do a few stairs if there's a railing, but can only be on my feet a few minutes at a time. Have a TravelScoot (ultra-light, collapsible), need to find excursions that will accommodate me & it.

Suggestions, for either excursions or resources?

AmpleThanks in advance.

When we were in St. Thomas on the Carnival Triumph, we went on a Sunny Liston tour http://sunnylistontours.com/ . They met us at the gate. I had emailed Sunny prior to our cruise, explained my Mom was in a (fold up) wheelchair, would that be a problem, where could we store it on the "bus". Sunny bungy cord it to the back of the van (I brought some bungy's with us too). It didn't go anywhere!! Mom even got to sit up front with Sunny's wife, Angela (Gie Gie) in the air conditioned cab portion of the bus... the rest of us were in the Open Air seats.

For your type of scooter, I'm not sure, but you can ask Sunny, maybe send a picture of it.

Hope this helps.

Archived