Dress Code Question for Chops & Portofino on Raidance

Sailfish

I am going on the Radiance in a couple of weeks and finalized our dinner reservations at Chops & Portofinos during out 9 night cruise. I was wondering how I should dress - both are on casual nights. Do people dress up a bit more in these places or should I expect to dress the way I would were I to go to the MDR?

It seems casual nights are more laid back and casual than ever on Royal Caribbean; can I get away with wearing capri pants and a cute top in Chops? Would I be out of place in a sundress and sandals at Portofinos?

Your input is very much appreciated.

Suzi

To the OP... You'll be just fine with the selections you mentioned. My experience has been you'll see very casual to formal in the specialty restaurants. Nobody really cares, so come as you are.

Oh... can someone pass the popcorn?

Suzi –

The outfits you describe will be fine. We define casual for the MDR as you described your Chops and Portfonos outfits and wear the MDR type of outfits or slightly above to the alternative restaurants. My husband no longer wears a sport jacket for smart casual, so he is not in a coat for the alternative restaurants anymore.

Enjoy

M

Great ship We did the 9day on her for Thanksgiving

We did both Chops and Portofino One night was casual and one was smart casual My GF wore slacks and a nice top and I slacks and collared shirt both nights as we tend to dress up a little more than alot of other passengers

We saw the gamut from suits to jeans for the guys to evening gowns to jeans for the women So it really doesnt matter to RCCL

What I saw in the dining room surprised me as there were men, women and children wearing shorts on casual nights and not just one family I saw jeans and t-shirts on formal nights I saw men wearing flip flops and T-shirts on smart casual nights I saw women wearing sun dresses that barely covered their tush on smart casual nights

This did affect my enjoyment of the cruise as we got some great laughs at our table and a couple tables surrounding ussmiley3820.gif

So from what I witnesed it doesnt matter

Thanks, the information is very helpful. It's been a while since our last cruise on Royal Caribbean and a lot has changed! There is a lot of confusion about what to wear - casual a few years ago was more dressy - now its more laid back, so to be safe, I thought I would ask.

Thank you again.

Suzi

Archived