RSVP to Hawaii Oct 30, 2010

RMS Olympic

Miss everyone!

But on the good side...I once again completed a cruise with my purity intact......chase, delicate,unsoiled! :D:D:D

Traveling with nice guys really made this trip extra special.

I look forward to seeing you all on a future cruise......

And to a special pilot.....Super Connie's rule!

Aloha! This was a very personal voyage for me. Magical. Not so much in a "fairy wand wings" way but magical nonetheless. Meeting special folk like all of you made it so. And I am extremely grateful to have had the pleasure.

As of this morning, I'm booked aboard the Roman Empire cruise departing Barcelona, Spain on Saturday July 9, 2011. Hope to cross paths with many of you again soon.

Much mahalo bros!

Mark

Thanks Jim and Bill,

David is more than welcome to visit.

I think many of you will be thinking of this trip this winter. Forcasts are expecing a cold one!

Two guys from the cruise are definately moving to Kauai and 3 more we know are threatening it.

I saw lots of ship folk out this weekend. They all had a great time and wished it was always like the week with us. There are even rumors that Atlantis took a serious second look at the ship and may do something next year. I remember they toured it 3 years ago and declared it unsuitable for their party setup.

First of all, I wanted to mention that I am pleased to say that the concerns I had regarding the cruise were totally unwarranted. The ship and cabin were of similar quality to the average mainstream cruise I have taken in the past and the service was much more personal than I expected. Staff were often joking right along with us at many of the onboard social functions.

Now for the important stuff. This cruise experience definitely had the feel of being onboard with family, much more so than the feelings I would have going to the local gay bars, or to gay socials, or even gay pride events. Looking at all the post cruise messages that have already been posted, I am realizing that there were many people that we did not even have the fortune to meet. I am thinking it is probably due to lack of sea days and hope that we will be able to meet on future cruises and perhaps do some excursions together. However, we are thankful to meet at least some fellow Cruise Critic cruisers:

Peter & Richard—Thanks for helping to break the ice for us at our first cruise critic meet and greet. We enjoyed talking with you and hope to talk to you more on future cruises.

Steve & Carl—We enjoyed talking with you at the crater and at lunch. We hope to keep in touch with you on future cruises.

Tom—It was fun going to excursions and dinners together. We especially enjoyed the talk we had at the first dinner. You were right, we can truly only have these type of conversations among other like-minded gay people. I am looking forward to having more similar types of conversations with you on future cruises. And don’t you worry…we will keep things sticky. We wouldn’t have it any other way! :D

Reuel & Miguel—Thanks for the welcome message on the Cruise Critic board. It was great getting to talk to you on excursions and dinners as well. As stated above, we especially enjoyed the conversation we had at the first dinner. You must be the envy of many others, as you are so free and open.

Max & Bob—We enjoyed going on excursions and to dinners with you, especially the first dinner. It was nice hearing about your lives together. I have searched on Google maps and think that you live the closest to us by far (whew, if that isn’t an oxymoron, I don’t know what is). Perhaps we can meet up sometime. We live about 6.5 hours apart.

I am sure there are others that I forgot to mention—however, please know that we enjoyed meeting you and all the other non cruise critic members, as well. This cruise was an experience I won’t want to forget.

We are looking forward to meeting everybody on future cruises.

Now for the important stuff. This cruise experience definitely had the feel of being onboard with family, much more so than the feelings I would have going to the local gay bars, or to gay socials, or even gay pride events. Looking at all the post cruise messages that have already been posted, I am realizing that there were many people that we did not even have the fortune to meet. I am thinking it is probably due to lack of sea days and hope that we will be able to meet on future cruises and perhaps do some excursions together. However, we are thankful to meet at least some fellow Cruise Critic cruisers:

Steve & Carl—We enjoyed talking with you at the crater and at lunch. We hope to keep in touch with you on future cruises.

Greg/Don... thanks so much for the mention. We agree with your assessment of the cruise and enjoyed your company on those excursions as well. We'd be happy to share a table and a bus with you again. We decided to do the Atlantis cruise in March (Southern Caribbean), as we miss the camaraderie too following our first gay cruise. Come on along!

Steve

..........Now for the important stuff. This cruise experience definitely had the feel of being onboard with family, much more so than the feelings I would have going to the local gay bars, or to gay socials, or even gay pride events. Looking at all the post cruise messages that have already been posted, I am realizing that there were many people that we did not even have the fortune to meet. I am thinking it is probably due to lack of sea days and hope that we will be able to meet on future cruises and perhaps do some excursions together. However, we are thankful to meet at least some fellow Cruise Critic cruisers:...............

First time logging on to CC since getting back from Hawaii.

We stayed on in Honolulu through Wednesday after the cruise.

That ended up being a couple of days too long since we were anxious to get home. But, with the fees for changing tickets it wasn't worth it. Oh well, stuck in paradise.

To all our onboard friends, thank you so much for your post-cruise comments.

Special thanks need to be given to our SALly for organizing and to Bruce for the helpful inside tips.

The ship and the staff were so far beyond anything hoped for, I might just consider NCL, at least the POA again !

RSVP and their regulars really pulled the rabbit out of the hat on this one.

Now to all my sailing buddies, thanks once again for making it all that is was.

Miguel REALLY enjoyed meeting all of you.

Odd how I came back with no recollection whatsoever of any Volcano sacrifice. Did I "sleep" through it ??? Maybe it was all a dream ? ? ?

Miguel had a good time as well, but is not sure if he will ever cruise again.

Certified Land Lubber !

I'll be off in a week on the Celebrity Solstice with Pied Piper then have to wait until February for RSVP and the Carib. hi-jinx.

r.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived