RSVP to Hawaii Oct 30, 2010

RMS Olympic

Well RSVP has chartered the Pride of America for a Hawaiian cruise; e-mails to come out shortly, reservations maybe opened in a few weeks. I confirmed this with the head of RSVP on the phone a few minutes ago.

Charlie said that NCL wants the gay business and was great to work with...that they want this new cruise to really be something special.

I am going to book as soon as possible so that I can mess around with air arrangements and get a good deal.

I am not an NCL lover, but considering all the sights in Hawaii.....thats enough.

Charlie was very up swing on the future of RSVP and really sounded excited about the Hawaiian cruise and the two cruises in 2011 both onthe NieuwAmsterdam (one caribbean and another out of Barcelona).

Now to figure out what to do for a precruise stay.....anyone have any hotel suggestions since I have never been to Hawaii.

Hope this turns out to be a great cruise.....volcanos, pinapple farms, hula skirts, lava flows, luaus, local customs........over the top scenery.

Happy holidays everyone!

This cruise is quite tempting but the reviews of POA are rather disappointing. I guess this is one case of going for the RSVP experience rather than a nice ship experinece. Maybe they just need an RSVP experience themselves to shake up the ship. :D

I am assuming they will do the regular POA itinerary; currently listed for 10/30/10 is:

Sat: Honolulu - 7:00 PM

Sun: Maui 8:00 AM - Overnight

Mon: Maui 6:00 PM

Tue : Hilo 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Wed: Kona 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Thu: Kauai 8:00 AM - Overnight

Fri: Kauai 2:00 PM

Sat Honolulu 7:00 AM

It is nice to have two overnights but there are no sea days. Then again, with the ship being so-so no sea days may be a good thing!

It is a port intensive itinerary which may mean less parties. Could they have a Halloween party on sail-away night?? And the last day would have the only real chance of a T dance. It would be different from a Caribbean cruise for sure.

You bet. Gay excursion groups...what could be more fun.

Just think, you could wear that grass skirt you have hanging in the closet....and be actually appropriately attired! Coconut shell bra would be optional of course.

I'm actually now excited after speaking with Charlie....such a nice guy.

Now to figure out whether 2 days precruise is sufficient.

You bet. Gay excursion groups...what could be more fun.

Quite so!

Just think, you could wear that grass skirt you have hanging in the closet....and be actually appropriately attired! Coconut shell bra would be optional of course.

Even though I am out of Africa, I do not care for grass skirts - sarongs are much more my style. I may even have to find a nice Hawaiian man to show me some knew ways to tie a sarong. ;) And I don't believe I need a bra. :eek:

Now to figure out whether 2 days precruise is sufficient.

I would think 1 day would just be for recovering from flying so maybe more days are better.

For a pre or post cruise stay, you may want to consider the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki. We stayed there last year and it was just perfect.

There is a gay bar called Hula's near Queens Beach which was a lot of fun and it is in a hotel (Castle Resorts Waikiki Grand). We didn't stay there so I can't tell you how it is as far as amenities, but is just across the street from the beach. Probably worth checking out.

I'll have to think about this one. I went to Hawaii as a kid to visit some family that was stationed at Pearl Harbor. So we got an insider's tour of Pearl Harbor, and saw just about everything on Oahu- didn't go to any other islands.

But the draw to get on a surfboard again is mighty tempting, though October is likely to be WAY too extreme surf for someone who hasn't done it in many, many years.

I am assuming they will do the regular POA itinerary; currently listed for 10/30/10 is:

Sat: Honolulu - 7:00 PM

Sun: Maui 8:00 AM - Overnight

Mon: Maui 6:00 PM

Tue : Hilo 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Wed: Kona 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Thu: Kauai 8:00 AM - Overnight

Fri: Kauai 2:00 PM

Sat Honolulu 7:00 AM

Yep, that's the itinerary!

Tom-VERY pleased you started a thread on this. You may have seen my comments on the Eurodam board. I mentioned it to Bill and he seemed excited about the possibility although we already have other travel plans scheduled later in the year. Another cruise may be a bit much. The ship is not an issue for us. I wouldn't be booking this for the service. I said to Bill, as much as I would like to go for a week or two on our own, it's just not a reality right now and if it's a choice between a mediocre cruise or not going at all, I'll take the cruise.

P.S. Also had a nice chat with Nick yesterday. He was very excited about the new cruises. I think he'll sell them well.

If...if Jim and Bill cut down on hair care products

Fewer tastykakes

Reduced cocktails out at the bars....10 rather than 12 per visit

Bought one ply toilet paper instead of 3 or 4 ply:eek:

Had steak only 4 times per week instead of 6

Used each other instead of an electric blanket reducing power consumption in frigid Pa

Less new shoe purchases not to mention fewer clutch bags

Home hair color treatments vice hair appointments

All could add upto a minimum cabin booking.:rolleyes:

I need you guys onboard to help push Peter up on stage at the Polynesian Cultural Village to do the Hula. wanna watch him shake that thang.:p

Secondly.......be there to support the locals as they sacrifice HRH aka she who's name must not be mentioned be sacrificed to the fire god in the volcano.:D

Could not wait...just booked my air after advising my TA what cabin I wanted. Now to wait for the reservations to open and get my cabin.

Flying out on the 28th Tampa to Pheonix to Honolulu on USAir.

I was able to get the Pheonix Hawaii Hawaii Pheonix upgraded to first class using dividend miles. Seems the Tampa Pheonix Tampa was already full in first.:( Can you believe this early its full. One of the reason I jumped on the transpacific upgrade before they are gone. As the return leaves Hawaii at almost midnight.......this puppy needs a seat to try and sleep.

So I am committed......Hawaii here I come. Pre-cruise hotel selection further in...have been advised that with tourism down there will be deals to be had. Finally will get to this bar called Hula's. Thank heavens its the USA....wont get arrested for the thoughts or look on my face:D

Peter...reach under your pillow...take out that big wad of yours...peel off some big bills and set them aside for Hawaii.....just think of you and Richard on the beach at Waikii in the sunset...photo op!:cool:

So glad I spoke with Charlie at RSVP:p

Peter...reach under your pillow...take out that big wad of yours...peel off some big bills and set them aside for Hawaii.....just think of you and Richard on the beach at Waikii in the sunset...photo op!

Don't know which pillow you are referrning to... I also am thinking of a trip back to South Africa at the end of 2010 so I don't know if Hawaii will happen.

What are the dates for this Hawaii cruise?

Scroll back. :)

Hawaii cruise....Oct 30 to Nov 6th.

I'm goingto fly in on the 28th.....getover the time change and do some sightseeing on the 29th. Then be fresh for boarding on the 30th. As I intend to see as much and experience as much as possible, I dont want to start the cruise haggard and worn out. of course two precruise nights in Honolulu could kill me off before I even get started.

Peter...Africa....you betcha.

I was planning my Africa trip for 2012 to celebrate my big birthday....and was looking at Zoom vacations. But Kim at Concierge told me they are planning a tour package to South Africa (and Victoria Falls) in Nov of 2011. If the package looks good I might move up my plans, but that would wipe out cruises for 2011.

So this Hawaii trip this year works out perfectly. I must admit I am surprised RSVP did a charter in 2010...the sailing date is still on the NCL web site. Regardless.......I want to see these lava flows red hot like my libido was when I was young innocent and unsoiled. Hobie reminds me of lava....thats my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

Hobie...who is your best PR man:rolleyes:

If...if Jim and Bill cut down on hair care products

Fewer tastykakes

Reduced cocktails out at the bars....10 rather than 12 per visit

Bought one ply toilet paper instead of 3 or 4 ply:eek:

Had steak only 4 times per week instead of 6

Used each other instead of an electric blanket reducing power consumption in frigid Pa

Less new shoe purchases not to mention fewer clutch bags

Home hair color treatments vice hair appointments

All could add upto a minimum cabin booking.:rolleyes:

I need you guys onboard to help push Peter up on stage at the Polynesian Cultural Village to do the Hula. wanna watch him shake that thang.:p

Secondly.......be there to support the locals as they sacrifice HRH aka she who's name must not be mentioned be sacrificed to the fire god in the volcano.:D

LOL-you're spot on-almost! Bill has a minimal hair care budget (for minimal hair ;-)-no drinks at all for me, filet and crabcake for Christmas Eve (with my parents) and I'll swear off STORE-BOUGHT meat until September. Shoes ARE my Achilles heel, so to speak, so only one new pair of pumps for Hawaii. Peter in a REAL grass skirt and nothing else is worth the price of a South African peep show. AND front row seats at the volcano sacrifice? You BETTER believe I want to see THAT!!!

Jim....ashoe princess....who would have thought.

Here is your assignment:

Get on the NCL web site, look over the deck plans and select your cabin. Expected pricing looks close to what is currently listed on the web site. me...I'm going for a category G.....whichis an obstructed view cabin. Since Iplanto spend little timein the cabin, I just want morning light.

May you both have a wonderful Christmas day and a romantic new years eve. best wishes for a fruitful 2010 in theframing business.

Remember to jingle your bells.:rolleyes:

Look...its Him...naked

Naked on the beach at Waikii

Naked in the pineapple field (ouch)

Naked standing in the waterfall (its cold....explains the shrinkage)

Naked covered in poi (not so tasty)

Naked at the Luau with an apple in his mouth

Naked being thrown into the Volcano to appease the gods

Naked on a surf board

Naked wearing a lei in a dugout canoe while beefy locals paddle under the blazing sun all sweaty and smelling on coconut oil

So many photo ops....enough to wear out the pixels in Bob's camera.

Gee.....RSVP could do a calendar "Monumax Mahalo"

ALOHA

This cruise looks very nice howeverI have my reservation about NCL and prospect of a 24 hour flight doesn't sound too appealing.

I think the Atlantis Mexican Riviera will might be more appealing... or the Equinox Med cruise to Tel Aviv... time will learn :-)

I saw the NCL schedule as well....

ButI have the e-mail from my TA with the advance notice of the sailing and then had it confirmed by speaking with Charlie at RSVP before I purchased flights.

I can only assume the NCLsight needs refreshing.

If not I will be hit with a nice change of flight reservation charge.

In the meantime I continually look at the RSVP board for an announcement or get an alumni e-mail with the first notice in print.

Here is the info onthe e-mail I got from my TA at Conceirge

Hawaii Cruise on NCL Pride of America

October 30 - November 6, 2010

Caribbean Cruise on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam

February 13-20, 2011

Barcelona Cruise on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam

July 9-16, 2011

Enjoy Rehobath...hope its weee bit warmer than up in Pa.:o

Hope hawaii is in the cards...however I understand how finances set priorities. The Hawaii trip for me worked out better financially....I cancelled the Sept Epic cruise (wasnt sold on such a huge ship). I also had a HAL cruise planned for Nov 5th in the Pacific...

Althought the price was really good, the airfare was pricey. So Hawaii, even though the total price for me as a single is up there,I'm spending less in 2010.

I must admit I am glad I am really good at working a budget....early retirement aka fixed income is a reality check at times.

You guys with rich spouses are so lucky. Someone to cook, clean, wash, iron, grocery shop, do yardwork, dust, vacuum and finally pay for cruise tickets.......life must be beyond good:rolleyes:

Archived