New to RCCL

bobby1119

We're booked on the same cruise! I myself am debating if it would be better off to rent a tux instead of bringing a suit. I have rented one once before, and it was great not to have to pack a suit. The tuxedo was brought to the room on the first day.

Now picture me kneeling down behind a potted plant. I'm cupping my hands around my mouth. And I whisper:

"Psssst...reeeeeennnnnnt the tuuuuuuux.....reeeeeeennnnnt the tuuuuuuux..."

;)

Now picture me kneeling down behind a potted plant. I'm cupping my hands around my mouth. And I whisper:

"Psssst...reeeeeennnnnnt the tuuuuuuux.....reeeeeeennnnnt the tuuuuuuux..."

;)

Amybeth......Come out from behind that plant!!!!! :D

You've already got me convinced to wear mine. You must be on a mission to be surrounded by men in tuxes on formal nights. I'll do my part. :)

You've already got me convinced to wear mine. You must be on a mission to be surrounded by men in tuxes on formal nights. I'll do my part. :)

I guess MY part will have to be actually being on that cruise, lol...

Yes, I'll admit to being a "dark suiter." What really bugs me though are the men who come in casual apparel on formal nights and are welcomed with open arms by the staff. It really is an insult to those of us who make the effort to dress appropriately.

Yes, I'll admit to being a "dark suiter." What really bugs me though are the men who come in casual apparel on formal nights and are welcomed with open arms by the staff. It really is an insult to those of us who make the effort to dress appropriately.

I agree. God knows someone sitting in the MDR on formal night in sloppy clothes is REALLY not something I've ever even noticed before reading about it on CC, nor do I REALLY care, nor will it ruin my dinner. But it certainly is NICE to dress appropriately. Especially when you get a group picture at your table...it's nice when two people aren't sticking out looking like a couple of wrecks. :)

I agree. God knows someone sitting in the MDR on formal night in sloppy clothes is REALLY not something I've ever even noticed before reading about it on CC, nor do I REALLY care, nor will it ruin my dinner. But it certainly is NICE to dress appropriately. Especially when you get a group picture at your table...it's nice when two people aren't sticking out looking like a couple of wrecks. :)

But as long as those who depend on tips from those upon whom they are attempting to enforce the rules it will never be effective. Personally I'm packing my tux just in case I'm ever seated with Amy Beth. I might also wear it when I sneak her into the Diamond lounge for a free drink.:D

But as long as those who depend on tips from those upon whom they are attempting to enforce the rules it will never be effective. Personally I'm packing my tux just in case I'm ever seated with Amy Beth. I might also wear it when I sneak her into the Diamond lounge for a free drink.:D

lol! I guess I should go get an evening gown then!

bobby 1119,

We will be on the same cruise. Please consider registering for the Meet & Mingle. It is great to "know" others on the ship. We have activities planned as we will have many seadays. You are welcome to join us.

As for Tux vs Suit.....my DH will wear a dark suit even though he has a tux. Either way you will feel comfortable with your choice.

We took the Explorer Southern Caribbean 12-day cruise last year on 2/1/09. We had a wonderful time. You will love the Explorer. She is a beautiful ship!

Join us,

Diane:)

Great. Then all I have to do is get a job so then we can cruise. We'll get kooljamming in on it too.

Until then we'll just have to live with hijacking threads.

Great idea. Maybe if we invite her to join us in the Diamond lounge she will invite us to the Cali lunch @ Denny's thing. It's probably warm out there! (Hijacking threads? Are we not alone? I thought this was IM.):cool:

bobby 1119,

We will be on the same cruise. Please consider registering for the Meet & Mingle. It is great to "know" others on the ship. We have activities planned as we will have many seadays. You are welcome to join us.

As for Tux vs Suit.....my DH will wear a dark suit even though he has a tux. Either way you will feel comfortable with your choice.

We took the Explorer Southern Caribbean 12-day cruise last year on 2/1/09. We had a wonderful time. You will love the Explorer. She is a beautiful ship!

Join us,

Diane:)

Diane, thank you for the information about the dress code question and the meet and mingle. How do I add my name to the meet and mingle roster? Is someone overseeing this?

I am looking forward to the cruise. How wonderful it will be to get out of the cold for a bit.

What has been your experience with shore excursions? I am looking for nothing more than beach. I always worry about getting back to the ship in time or, worse yet, missing it altogether.

Since you've done the cruise before, any suggestions you have regarding independent beach trip vs. beach shore excursions would be helpful to me and greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, and looking forward to meeting you!

Bobby

We're booked on the same cruise! I myself am debating if it would be better off to rent a tux instead of bringing a suit. I have rented one once before, and it was great not to have to pack a suit. The tuxedo was brought to the room on the first day.

Join us on the roll call! We've already got enough people for a Meet and Mingle.

After my last cruise, I have become a big fan of Tux Rental. We brougth our teenage sons and all three of us gentlemen made for exceptional arm candy for DW/mom. It's easy, less to pack, great fit, and they'll fix anything that needs to be fixed. I plan on going that way all the time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that many men are like me. I don't mind dressing up for dinner and will bring a suit. I'd wear a tux (especially if it makes me look like arm candy:D), but I don't own one. I briefly considered a rental, but the $90-100 seemed a little too high. I know...that's probably about what a kid in high school would pay for a prom rental, so it's not that Royal is fleecing people, it's just that I'd rather spend that $100 elsewhere onboard. I even thought about buying a used tux. I can't remember though my last tux wearing occassion, so it would just take up closet space. Bottom line then...I'll just have to blend in with a dark suit rather than standing out in a tux or casual wear.

Archived