Paradise Beach or Passion Island for 10&7 year olds

lowestar

We are on the Independence of the Seas (my first Royal Caribbean cruise!) at the end of the month. We have two daugters (10 and 7). One of our stops is Cozumel. I was looking at Paradise Beach or Passion Island. Any recommendations on which might be better?

I was also considering the Manatee Encounter because I thought it would be cool, but my daughters seem less keen :D

lowestar

Pasion island is the best excursion in Cozumel. We love it. I would choose that in a heartbeat over Paradise Beach. While Paradise Beach does have some more activities, Pasion Island is more beatiful, all inclusive, and has a great staff. There is a water trampoline, small playground, segway rentals, shade, and awesome food. It's not crowded and it doesn't have the party half naked dancing on the bar feeling that Paradise Beach has.

Although we love it, since we too are bringing the kids with us this time and they are too young to for the Pasion Island excursion through Carnival, we are going to go to Nachi Cocum. It sounds nice too.

After I posted earlier, I started reading about Nachi Cocum as well, and it looks amazing!! There is still availability for the date I need, so I am thinking about doing it maybe. It doesn't have all the water stuff (trampoline, iceberg, etc.), but I don't think my youngest would use it anyway. My oldest would love that stuff, but she is also quite content to play in the sand/water.

Anyone care to comment about Nachi Cocum with kids (10 and just-turned 7 by time of cruise)?

lowestar

I have been to Nachi and it is awesome....they only let so many in a day so it is not crowded at all ..The food is wonderful, and they wait on you consistently .very quiet and relaxing ...you can get cheap massages and the beach is beautiful and has a Huge hot tub and swimming pool as well.We're thinking of going back here in Feb. with our family of 14, 6 kids...

We haven't done resorts other than Paradise Beach, but my kids absolutely love the place. We'll be back in February. Good food, nice beach, lots of things for kids. While there is a "party" atmosphere, I've never seen any behavior that is so over the top I would be worried about my kids.

Is 4 y.o too young to enjoy Passion Island?

Not at all. I think a 4 year would enjoy the nice beach and playing in the sand. There is also a small playground. It is usually uncrowded and relaxing. However, the surf can be a bit much for little kids swimming. It can also be calm, but it is not a cove beach. Carnival only does the Twister excursion there, so we have never been there with kids. It's just a matter of getting there. Once they are there, they would LOVE it.

I have been to Nachi and it is awesome....they only let so many in a day so it is not crowded at all ..The food is wonderful, and they wait on you consistently .very quiet and relaxing ...you can get cheap massages and the beach is beautiful and has a Huge hot tub and swimming pool as well.We're thinking of going back here in Feb. with our family of 14, 6 kids...

Is the pool salt water?

Hi, we will be in Cozumel also in April with our two grand daughters 7 and 8.

Is April a good time to cruise the Caribbean?

Are there any ship excursions that suit this age group or is it best to go to one of the beaches that you have mentioned?

What is the cost of these Beach Resorts and do you make your own way from the ship?

Thanks for your help.

Mal NZ

I have a small concern about Nachi - but I will say that I have not been there personally. When we were on Indy, half of our group went to Passion Island, the other went to Nachi. Those who went to Nachi said it was a "great beach for people who liked to drink and party". Which was great for those people because thats what they wanted to do. ;)

So I was glad we picked Passion. I am not a big partier. The 5 year old puts a damper on that...lol. :p

Last night, I put our pictures from Passion Island on this thread....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22464908&postcount=5

Archived