Dining Book Option?

Coasty

Any info on this would be appreciated:

Originally Posted by bssc viewpost.gif

They have a new dining book option for $60 for meals in Cagney's ($25), Le Bistro ($15), Endless Summer/Tex Mex ($10) and the Italian ($10). There was also a restaurant coupon for the Asian which specifically said the Teppanyaki ($25) but the server refused to honor it at first although, after I pointed it out to the maitre d and then told him I would take it up with the front desk, they decided to honor. Definite YMMV. So, it saved us $25 but could only save $15 (the asian/Ginza fee). This was for a 13 day cruise so we didn't feel rushed.

bssc: :confused:Dining book option? What is that? Is it a coupon book, if so, where did you get it? If not, could you explain a little more. $60 for meals in Cagney's, does that mean if I pay $25 for each meal and there are two of us and have a wine each they will only charge for the amount of the tab that exceeds $60?:D Thanks.

My uderstanding from posts here is that this is a per-person deal. There are two or three dining packages, depending on the mix of specialty restaurants that you want. It covers the basic surcharge only...by buying in advance you get some discount and get to make reservations all at once.

The packages can be purchased onboard.

There are several threads here on this topic, but I have not found them tonight (its late).

I hope this helps some.

---------More -----

Directly from the Concierge aboard the Norwegian Pearl.

Package # 3 - 3 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian or Tex Mex

_____

$50 Package Value

Package Price $40pp

Package # 4 - 4 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

_____

$60 Package Value

Package Price $48pp

Package # 5 - 5 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro

$15 Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

$75 Package Value

Package Price $60pp

Yes, it is a coupon book as noted above. I paid for it at the desk and they delivered it. There were five coupons, you hand the books to the wait person and they rip out the coupon for the restaurant you are dining in. It is fleet wide, since all the ships are listed. It must be fairly new since the books were numbered in the 4300s.

It didn't include the wine or drinks just the basic meal fee. And it didn't include the tip.

We bought the mid-level package prior to sailing through our travel agent. It was not for sale on board and in fact, the restaurant reservations people kept asking us how we got the book because they were not supposed to be sold for that week because it was such a busy holiday week (Christmas week).

Yes, it is a coupon book as noted above. I paid for it at the desk and they delivered it. There were five coupons, you hand the books to the wait person and they rip out the coupon for the restaurant you are dining in. It is fleet wide, since all the ships are listed. It must be fairly new since the books were numbered in the 4300s.

It didn't include the wine or drinks just the basic meal fee. And it didn't include the tip.

I was on the Gem TA 11/29-12/12/09 and this type of coupon book was not offered. It's my understanding this is currently avail. only on the Pearl, though there may be an intention to roll it out fleetwide.

Do you have new info that it is now being offered on other ships? (They may have just printed up the coupons with that intention)

Seems like a real winner.

Maybe I am missing something, why buy a book if there is no discount? Where is the good deal? Please explain....

If you look at Baker's list Don there is a discount. In the first listing you get three restaurants that would ordinarily cost $50 individually for $40 in the package.

Sure would be nice if a TA or a NCL rep. would post the real info about this subject. I have looked on NCL's site and even posted there to get a straight answer. There are 100's of questions there that have never been answered.:mad::mad:

:confused:Wouldn't you think if they are selling a promotion they would want the cruise world to know about it.:confused:

NCL's marketing manager needs to get a clue. :rolleyes:

I had been told that it would also be tested on the Star. From the dates I was given it should be going on there now (it appears that bssc-post 3-got it there)

I had also been told the test would run thru the end of January.

I was on the Gem TA 11/29-12/12/09 and this type of coupon book was not offered. It's my understanding this is currently avail. only on the Pearl' date=' though there may be an intention to roll it out fleetwide.

Do you have new info that it is now being offered on other ships? (They may have just printed up the coupons with that intention)

Seems like a real winner.[/quote']

Archived