Any suggestions?

Cruisearcher

Are you sure you want it hot in the Mediterranean? Several posts I read earlier this year commented on the heat, which can be uncomfortable when doing the walking tours. I'm not trying to second-guess you, but I'd give some thought to a spring or fall cruise there. We went in mid- May this year, and weather was wonderful...not too hot, but sunny and pleasant.

Good luck with your decision!

Mid-October will (normally) not be 'hot'. It will be similar to May.

I will second July or August. We did our only so far Med cruise in July a couple of years ago and almost melted in some of the ports. So if you want hot the summer months are what you want for a Med cruise.

Have a great next cruise.

Would like to know the best time when the weather is nice and hot to take a cruise in Mediterranean? A friend told me about mid October. Thanks

That's very doubtful, unless you are doing ports in N.Africa, Malta, S Turkey or certain Greek Isles.

We cannot cope with heat, so normally cruise the Med in Feb-April, then Oct onwards.

We always had a week in the Med during the half-term break (UK), which is 3rd week in Oct. I only can remember one hot break, and that was a beach hol. in Tunisia....and it was cool in the evening.

This year's Oct cruise was in West Med, and whilst we managed to sit in the sun in T-shirts once or twice, it was never "hot". Also, after the Sept. solstice, the nights are drawing in, and the earth is cooling. There were lots of gales, esp. nearing the gap de Lyons, when the mistral whipped over the sea.

Anything between May and Sept should be hot...I once had a hot week in Santorini in early Oct.

Look for cruises doing S. Med.-jocap.

Hope I haven't confused everybody. BTW thanks for the replies.

Wife and I always celebrate our birthdays in March and anniversary in Oct. Yesterday, we brought up the subject and decided to have a land vacation in Barbados and first time Med cruise in Oct. To me, I like my ideal vacation weather around 30 degree, sunny and dry. That's why we are questing the best time to take a cruise in Southern Italy, Greece and Spain area. Thanks

Would like to know the best time when the weather is nice and hot to take a cruise in Mediterranean? A friend told me about mid October. Thanks

"nice and hot"? :confused:

August takes care of half your requirement :)

October takes care of the other half :)

John Bull

Archived