Crown Loft

zapper158

We had a JS on the Freedom last year and due to a job loss we could not take a cruise this year, so even though the CLs are narrow, I am sure we are going to be as happy as pigs in p**p just to be on a cruise again :)

However, after looking at all the rooms and suites, I am leaning towards getting either an Owner's Suite or a Grand Suite on our future cruises.

I hear ya:) You can't beat the Owners Suite's....they are by far my favorite:)

• 2 weeks later...
I hear ya:) You can't beat the Owners Suite's....they are by far my favorite:)
----------------------

Yep, can't beat the OS! However, there are none available on May 8 so we had to splurge a little this time & go for the CL (1706). Glad we were able to get the one oceanview left. A new adventure in staterooms for us, but I have a feeling we'll be ok :). Just 2 of us so there should be plenty of room!!

Carol

PLEASE post pics and info when you come back! I definitely did not want to overlook the sports deck...Hoping this is a good location.

The Sky Loft is 6K more- even if it had a butler, (like X.. wish RCCL had that) not sure its worth it..

But not at all disappointed with the idea of a CL.....Cant wait!!

All of The Loft suites across the back of the ship that face the sports zone, really do suffer with noise problems and lack of privacy. As well as feeling as if you are actually playing Basket Ball - Dodge Ball - Football for most of the day, you also suffer from the very load amplified vocals from the sports staff running these activities. In addition to this these suites are directly above the entrance area to the teens club, and as such alot of teens are "hanging out" on the deck under these balconies. If this is your thing then great, if not ensure you book one of the side Loft Suites instead.

Also whilst on this subject, be aware that the Pinnacle Lounge that was originally intended as a Loft Lounge (similar to the CL) is not in operation, and therefore Loft guests use the CL along with all other suite guests. This is a great lounge, but along way from the Loft Suites and the concierges in the CL are very busy dealing with the number of guests that use the CL.

Well let me post these pix and you could see for yourself if you like the rear facing ones.....your privacy is defiantly compromised with all those rear facing loft suites, and yes, the ones by the sports court I heard complaints about already when I sailed on Dec 1st....personally I would stick with the outside (ocean) facing ones.

2067416400104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2256431010104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

All of The Loft suites across the back of the ship that face the sports zone, really do suffer with noise problems and lack of privacy. As well as feeling as if you are actually playing Basket Ball - Dodge Ball - Football for most of the day, you also suffer from the very load amplified vocals from the sports staff running these activities. In addition to this these suites are directly above the entrance area to the teens club, and as such alot of teens are "hanging out" on the deck under these balconies. If this is your thing then great, if not ensure you book one of the side Loft Suites instead.

Also whilst on this subject, be aware that the Pinnacle Lounge that was originally intended as a Loft Lounge (similar to the CL) is not in operation, and therefore Loft guests use the CL along with all other suite guests. This is a great lounge, but along way from the Loft Suites and the concierges in the CL are very busy dealing with the number of guests that use the CL.

Which Loft Suite did you stay in?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived