Panama Canal

woodman

Sailing on the Freedom on Jan.16,1010. One port is Colon Panama. I am reluctant to book a tour out side of Carnival because of the length of the canal tours and the time restriction. Has any one taken the Panama Canal tour offered through Carnival. Its an 8hour tour that goes through the canal. I know there is a long bus drive to the west coast. one of my questions is it worth the bus ride? I'm sure the trip through the locks will be fascinating. Thanks for any replies.

Sailing on the Freedom on Jan.16,1010. One port is Colon Panama. I am reluctant to book a tour out side of Carnival because of the length of the canal tours and the time restriction. Has any one taken the Panama Canal tour offered through Carnival. Its an 8hour tour that goes through the canal. I know there is a long bus drive to the west coast. one of my questions is it worth the bus ride? I'm sure the trip through the locks will be fascinating. Thanks for any replies.

I've done the Canal by Ferry tour and the railroad tour. Both are very nice but I would definitely recommend the Ferry. It is a long day but you literally get up close and personal with the locks of the canal. On the bus trip to Balboa, there were guides aboard to explain all about the history of the Canal. Our guides were ex-Canal Zone employees. It was quite fascinating and informative. Well worth the time and money.

2203861690055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

Absolutely, do the Panama canal tour by ferry! The only thing better would be to take the tour on a cruise ship from one end to the other. My sister and I did the tour February 09 and it is well worth the $$$.

It is a long day but there is lots to see even on the bus ride to the canal. The tour guide was very informative and we learned so much. As well, the ferry takes you right under the Bridge of the Americas and the Centennial Bridge which is awesome.

They supplied lots of refreshments and a buffet meal. But please take SUNSCREEN. We did get "cooked" that day. Maybe a wide brimmed hat would have been better for us. Anyways, take the tour....it is once in a lifetime!

Archived