Can you tell me about Clip and Zip

B and B Rookie Cannucks

Clip and Zip was great. We had zip lined in Jamaica a couple of years back and this was very comparable. Only $40 per person also for the 6 of us. Got off the boat, walked through the pier area and the taxi circle. Easy as that. We had great assistance from Danny and Hiram on the tour. Eleven total lines and most are pretty long. Probably took an hour or so, then off to the beach.

I had heard about the Clip and Zip and asked the cruise director and the excursion desk about it. They both claimed no knowledge of its existence, even though you can see their yellow sign from the ship.

Yes, we are right infront of the port! A 30 second walk from the gangway! We are the safest zipline in Honduras, so no worries! Our website is well on its way,

what date will you be arriving here? I dont have pictures at this very second, I will have them tomorrow ( I am at home on personal computer) but i can send you a few of them tomorrow.. We will be ready to receive you guys when you reach the port, you may do the zipline at whatever time you prefer! We welcome walk-ins!

This was a reply I got when I emailed the Mahogany Bay port about info on the zipline and they must have forwarded it to the zipline manager.I will post more info if I get any.

Yes, we are right infront of the port! A 30 second walk from the gangway! We are the safest zipline in Honduras, so no worries! Our website is well on its way,

what date will you be arriving here? I dont have pictures at this very second, I will have them tomorrow ( I am at home on personal computer) but i can send you a few of them tomorrow.. We will be ready to receive you guys when you reach the port, you may do the zipline at whatever time you prefer! We welcome walk-ins!

This was a reply I got when I emailed the Mahogany Bay port about info on the zipline and they must have forwarded it to the zipline manager.I will post more info if I get any.

Thanks. I was also trying to find out how many lines they have? As well as height and length of lines?

Is there an age limit?

My daughter is 10,but very daring(rock climbing etc.)We would love to do this.I guess I would just like to have more info on this place.

We heard about this zip-line through a Carnival Rep.but he did not have any info on it,just that it is right by the dock.

Thank you

Is there an age limit?

My daughter is 10,but very daring(rock climbing etc.)We would love to do this.I guess I would just like to have more info on this place.

We heard about this zip-line through a Carnival Rep.but he did not have any info on it,just that it is right by the dock.

Thank you

Usually there's height and weight restrictions on zip lines due to the harnesses, you need to be able to be cinched in tight around the legs, sit/squat and hold on to the zip cord and have the line support you. You probably should have some mobility to help start pulling yourself across if you get stuck in the middle which can happen to smaller people not getting good momentum off the platform. But guides should assist with this. You'll need to check with each zip line operator for specific restrictions.

Looking for information about the Clip and Zip near the new pier.

Hi all;

I contacted clip and zip and asked some questions -- here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting Clip N Zip!

Here are a few answers to your questions.

We are located a little less than 50 ft away from the Mahogany Bay Terminal.

No reservations needed. Just walk on over :)

We suggest you wear comfortable clothing, running shoes (preffered)

There is no age limit (we had a 3 yr old and also a 83 yr old to do the zipline and had an amazing time), no height restrictions,

when it comes to weight, we base it on "if the gear fits, you can zip" . ANyone can do it, there is no strenous whatsoever, all you've got to do is enjoy the beautiful scenery! you will be ziping through 13 platforms and and 11 cables.

The tour will about 45 min to an hour to do.

The cost per person is $40.00 per person.

Hope it's helpful to you!

Our tour consist of doing a hike of 700 ft up to the first platform on a hill and then you zip your way through 13 platforms and 11 ziplines til you end up just right where you started! you go through hills and valleys! It has amazing views. It is not strenous. All you've gotta do is enjoy the ride. I am looking foward to meeting you and having you zip with us!

This is a reply from clip and zip

Hello there

My husband and I just returned from our Crown Princess cruise yesterday and even though the weather wasn't that great for our cruise, everything else was.

Our clear bottom kayak excursion was canceled in Roatan so we decided to do the Clip N Zip and it was a great decision! Everyone was super nice at all the platforms and made sure that you were doing okay. It was very safe and I think the scariest part was the truck ride up the hill.... lol!!! I would recommend this adventure to anyone who loves doing something new.

michell:)

Hello there

My husband and I just returned from our Crown Princess cruise yesterday and even though the weather wasn't that great for our cruise, everything else was.

Our clear bottom kayak excursion was canceled in Roatan so we decided to do the Clip N Zip and it was a great decision! Everyone was super nice at all the platforms and made sure that you were doing okay. It was very safe and I think the scariest part was the truck ride up the hill.... lol!!! I would recommend this adventure to anyone who loves doing something new.

michell:)

Is there a truck ride up the hill or do you hike up it? Both were mentioned in previous posts.

Thanks,

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a truck ride up the hill or do you hike up it? Both were mentioned in previous posts.

Thanks,

Maggie

Hi Maggie;

We did the clip n zip on January 21 and took a truck ride AND then hiked up a short but steep hill. It was well worth the hike! Once you've gotten up the hill this is an easy excursion. You are double clipped, and all you need to do is relax and enjoy the ride! There are 11 zip lines, and you can buy a CD of photos of you at the end.

Hi Maggie;

We did the clip n zip on January 21 and took a truck ride AND then hiked up a short but steep hill. It was well worth the hike! Once you've gotten up the hill this is an easy excursion. You are double clipped, and all you need to do is relax and enjoy the ride! There are 11 zip lines, and you can buy a CD of photos of you at the end.

Hi. I am happy you enjoyed your zip lining at Clip and Zip.

Is it correct that the full excursion only lasts about an hour.

I don't know why I keep telling my dh that it lasts 4 hours?????

I was originally going to split up with my dh and son while I took my dd and her friend (both 16) to do the zip lining (both dh and son do not want to do) but if it is only about an hour, I'll just get off the ship with them in the morning and do and have my dh and ds meet us at Clip and Zip and then go on with our day.

Thank you. I look forward to finding out your answer. :)

The website says "Easy to get to from cruise ships: Across the street (50 feet) from Roatan's new cruise ship center, Mahogany Bay, and a 7-10 minute drive from Port of Roatan's Town Center cruise ship dock. Clip 'N' Zip is the closest canopy tour to the cruise ships, the town of Coxen Hole and Roatan's airport."

I will be on the Carnival Legend in May - does anyone know which port (Mahogany Bay or Port of Roatan's Town Center) I will be in or how I can find out?

.... I guess I should have looked longer before posting.... now I see that Carnival docks at Mahogany Bay.

Hi. I am happy you enjoyed your zip lining at Clip and Zip.

Is it correct that the full excursion only lasts about an hour.

I don't know why I keep telling my dh that it lasts 4 hours?????

I was originally going to split up with my dh and son while I took my dd and her friend (both 16) to do the zip lining (both dh and son do not want to do) but if it is only about an hour, I'll just get off the ship with them in the morning and do and have my dh and ds meet us at Clip and Zip and then go on with our day.

Thank you. I look forward to finding out your answer. :)

Hi -- the excursion took 45 minutes to an hour. I guess you could say that it "flew" by!!:rolleyes:

Hi -- the excursion took 45 minutes to an hour. I guess you could say that it "flew" by!!:rolleyes:

LOL Thank you.

Now, I guess I need to find out what to do after zip lining.

We are in port from 10 am - 6 pm.

dh and ds can meet us at a beach but I'm thinking we will be done by 11:30 am.

Does that sound about right? Thanks.

My family did this zip-line and it was fantastic.We rode up in a pick-up truck most of the way,then a 4-5 minute hike up a hill.

The guides were very helpful and funny.

My wife was terrified and they calmed her down to where she was a pro by the end.

You can not beat the price.

We bought a cd of the pics of 3 of us(20 pics) We negotiated to 20 bucks.We thought it was a deal,and great pics.

Once off the ship we were there in 5 minutes.You can't miss it.

My family did this zip-line and it was fantastic.We rode up in a pick-up truck most of the way,then a 4-5 minute hike up a hill.

The guides were very helpful and funny.

My wife was terrified and they calmed her down to where she was a pro by the end.

You can not beat the price.

We bought a cd of the pics of 3 of us(20 pics) We negotiated to 20 bucks.We thought it was a deal,and great pics.

Once off the ship we were there in 5 minutes.You can't miss it.

Thank you very much! What did you guys do after you zip lined? Did you go to a beach?

Also, were you able to make pictures from the CD that you were given?

Thanks.

Thank you very much! What did you guys do after you zip lined? Did you go to a beach?

Also, were you able to make pictures from the CD that you were given?

Thanks.

We went back to the boat and ate lunch.My wife stayed on the boat and my daughter and I went to the beach right there in the port.We also shopped (my daughter did)there.

I am going to write a review of the trip(when I am sure I can commit to it)and will post pictures there.

Archived