NCL Honeymoon/Anniversary Package Price

Uniall

:eek:Sadly, NCL has just raised the price of it's best "on board amenity", the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package, from $79 per couple to $135.

:cool:The package still includes: Sparkling wine & strawberries on embarkation, canapes in stateroom one evening, Honeymoon/Anniversary & Cake Party with photo, Dinner for two with a bottle of wine in the Bistro.

:(There's no doubt that $79 was a GREAT bargain and NCL offered it as a good will and fond memory gesture. But, to convert it into a profit center with a 168% price harms the good will and lessens the fond memories.

I dont think that this just happened. It was already discussed in length a couple months ago.

I don't know exactly when it changed but I paid the lower price in October and saw the new price yesterday. So it has to have been in the last 60 days.

Hi John,

It's what happens when everybody on CC tells how much a good deal something is... NCL raises the price :D

I'm not busy at all today at work, I've been researching about my January Cruise).

Have a good New Year Party!

Julie

Hi John,

It's what happens when everybody on CC tells how much a good deal something is... NCL raises the price :D

I'm not busy at all today at work, I've been researching about my January Cruise).

Have a good New Year Party!

Julie

Hi Julie

What's a nice girl like you meeting me in a place like this??? ;)

I just bought a 21 bone Pork Crown Roast for our New Year's Eve dinner party. I wish you and Bruno were going to be with us.

Hav fun on your upcoming cruise. I hope your paired roomate is soemone who can appreciate your "joi de vie". (did I spell that correctly??)

Happy New Year.

John

:eek:Sadly, NCL has just raised the price of it's best "on board amenity", the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package, from $79 per couple to $135.

:(There's no doubt that $79 was a GREAT bargain and NCL offered it as a good will and fond memory gesture. But, to convert it into a profit center with a 168% price harms the good will and lessens the fond memories.

an increase from $79 to $135, is not an 168% increase. Its a $56 increase and in percent its ONLY a 70% increase still substantial and probably exorbitant but not a 168%...

an increase from $79 to $135, is not an 168% increase. Its a $56 increase and in percent its ONLY a 70% increase still substantial and probably exorbitant but not a 168%...

No need to bring in a mathematician but my 168% equates with your 70%. (Perhaps I should have said: "170%")

I was using the mathematical per centage used as a multiplier to arrive at the new price: 168%. If I said a price doubled, the multiplier is 200% not 100%. I guess, that's becasue I'm a student of Aristotle, not Pathagorus.

Arguing semantics rather than the self evident price increase still begs a discussion over the increase. What's your postion on the increase?

No need to bring in a mathematician but my 168% equates with your 70%. (Perhaps I should have said: "170%")

I was using the mathematical per centage used as a multiplier to arrive at the new price: 168%. If I said a price doubled, the multiplier is 200% not 100%. I guess, that's becasue I'm a student of Aristotle, not Pathagorus.

Arguing semantics rather than the self evident price increase still begs a discussion over the increase. What's your postion on the increase?

does that nean if I get a 6% increase I have to give back 94%? When the price doubles the increase is still 100%. so a six percent increase is a 106% increase? no I don't think so.

the fact that you have to add it to the original price deosn't make what you said so. In any case all the greeks you cite, I think Arisototle would be the most upset because it is so logically wrong.

In any case I thought it was a bargain before and it isn't anymore. I didn't buy it on the last NCL trip I was on because of the increase. Count any way you want....

does that nean if I get a 6% increase I have to give back 94%? When the price doubles the increase is still 100%. so a six percent increase is a 106% increase? no I don't think so.

the fact that you have to add it to the original price deosn't make what you said so. In any case all the greeks you cite, I think Arisototle would be the most upset because it is so logically wrong.

In any case I thought it was a bargain before and it isn't anymore. I didn't buy it on the last NCL trip I was on because of the increase. Count any way you want....

I'm not Greek, but I'm upset because I'm a mathematician. ;)

We've always purchased it, but probably won't anymore.

On our last cruise we were given 5 of the strawberries, and 5 canapes. Neither of us remembered getting the "odd" number before. You'd think it it's a honeymoon or anniversary deal, they'd give 6 of each!;)

I will bet they will get money short term, but the sales will drop way off.

Cruised the Dawn last November and again this past November on the Jewel. There were no more than 6- 8 couples either time. Even at the old price of $79. it was not that popular. I thought it was a great deal and used it twice at that price. Just sayin.........

Just because I can never resist commenting on math, I thought I'd point out that there are two ways of describing an increase:

1) the price was increased by 70%

2) the price is now 170% of the original

When using the second reference, it does not mean that it is 170% MORE than the original, but 170% TIMES the original - which is exactly the same as 70% MORE. One is an addition, the other is a multiplication. When I calculate the exchange on my US purchases, I don't multiply by 5% and then add it to my total, I just multiply the total by 105%. :)

As for the increase, I wouldn't be surprised if part of it had to do with the new photographers. I actually have no idea how 'new' they are, but I do know that on the Sky this month, when I saw the prices (CRAZY), I asked about the old package that used to be available sometimes, and I was told that it had been offered by the 'previous company', so there's been a change at some point. It was the first cruise we've been on that we didn't buy a single photo as a result - and some of them were REALLY good - just not $25 good. :cool:

Since we don't drink wine, I've never thought the package was a good deal for us, and now it's just crazy. Le Bistro is only $30 for a couple... $105 for the rest of the list just seems completely unreasonable to me.

Hi Julie

What's a nice girl like you meeting me in a place like this??? ;)

I just bought a 21 bone Pork Crown Roast for our New Year's Eve dinner party. I wish you and Bruno were going to be with us.

Hav fun on your upcoming cruise. I hope your paired roomate is soemone who can appreciate your "joi de vie". (did I spell that correctly??)

Happy New Year.

John

Hi John,

You almost got it, it's joie de vivre but any french speaking person would have understood the meaning.

Julie

Archived