Epic one night maiden cruise -Rotterdam to Southampton

Mooloo

Hi

I'm thinking of booking the one night maiden cruise from Rotterdam to Southampton in June before it sets off across the atlantic.

Has anyone booked to do this or a similar before & if so, would you reccommend? Not sure what to expect or if it would be worth it.

I'm not sure this cruise is open for public booking. I had the impression it is for the press and travel industry...but I could be wrong.

They sure seem to have a lot of "maiden" voyages on the Epic. We booked it for the transatlantic cruise in June. Can't wait.

Can't even begin to tell you how much I love your quote!!

Hi

I'm thinking of booking the one night maiden cruise from Rotterdam to Southampton in June before it sets off across the atlantic.

Has anyone booked to do this or a similar before & if so, would you reccommend? Not sure what to expect or if it would be worth it.

Check out the roll call for this one-nighter - some other people have already decided to give it a go

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106966

One-nighters tend to have a different feel to longer cruises - everyone is trying to cram a week's worth of cruising into the one night :D We were on the Gem's 2-nighter prior to the first main cruise and really enjoyed being one of the first passengers to explore the new ship.

Check out the roll call for this one-nighter - some other people have already decided to give it a go

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106966

One-nighters tend to have a different feel to longer cruises - everyone is trying to cram a week's worth of cruising into the one night :D We were on the Gem's 2-nighter prior to the first main cruise and really enjoyed being one of the first passengers to explore the new ship.

Obviously my impression that the cruise was not open for public booking was mistaken!

Obviously my impression that the cruise was not open for public booking was mistaken!

It has been advertised on NCL's UK and German websites but don't think it has appeared on ncl.com which could explain your confusion.

I don't think these early european first cruise ever appear on NCL.com.

(we did the Jewel and Gem 2n pre inaugural)

They seem to be managed totaly from the European side.

They tend to have loads of travel industry people and ship people are occupied with them(tours, presentations etc) so less around for the paying punters.

I don't think they can fill the ships with TA's so let the paying public fill the ship, the 2 night southampton cruise may become available as well.

They are fun and very hectic but nothing like a normal cruise. If the TAs get free booze expect some late leavers from the ship which can impact the following trip.

Baggage services can also be limited since most people are carry on, so if doing a follow on cruise with full baggage be aware there may not be a checked baggage service.

Once the booking tail off expect the prices to drop on this 1n to £25-£30.

NCL UK are non refundable deposits and they charge for chnages so most are stuck at the booked price..

• 3 weeks later...

Do not hesitate. We have done these short cruises en we were in heaven. We also did the longer ones and offcourse they are more fun. But everything is the same, so you can really enjoy the cruise. We live in Holland and from here these short (maiden) cruises are more common here. We have been on the Pearl and the Gem for a maiden voyage.

Hi

Do not hesitate. We have done these short cruises en we were in heaven. We also did the longer ones and offcourse they are more fun. But everything is the same, so you can really enjoy the cruise. We live in Holland and from here these short (maiden) cruises are more common here. We have been on the Pearl and the Gem for a maiden voyage.

I love Holland. One of my favorite vacations. It'd be so cool to have about a week in Amsterdam, etc. and then cruise on the one-nighter. If I had the means, I'd book it for sure.

Archived