What happens if you miss a port?

momofC&C

We are cruising on the Inspiration tomorrow and I kust looked at the weather for Grand Cayman on Monday. It doesn't look good, 24mph winds are forcast so I highly doubt we will be stopping. I know that as the parent I set the tone for the day so can you tell me what to expect on the ship for that day? Any cool tours or anything? It is myself, DH, DS (20) and DD (14). I really want to make the best of it.

Thanks!

Mom

if you miss a port due to weather you get an extra sea day but you also get refund of port fees as OBC and if excursions booked thru Carnival will be cancelled and more OBC

Thanks for the quick reply! :D I guess what I am really looking for is, are there "extra" activities scheduled to keep those that want to be occupied? We already have 2 full days at sea and this would make three....

When I've missed ports, there have been some ad hoc activities that pop up. There is so much to do on the ship anyway, you won't be bored port or no port.

Personaly. I couldn't care less if I ever got off the ship. I would love a cruise to no where. I am worried anbout the kiddos being bored and driving me nuts. ;)

If they cancel a port they will proceed to the next stop, but at a slower pace. That's nice for being out on deck because it won't be quite as windy.

Missing a port is disappointing, but having an extra sea day is a nice consolation prize!

Guest bahamamama1

My friend missed Cozumel due to the swine flu and got an extra day in Jamaica and later they mailed him a coupon/offer for half price off another cruise

Thanks for the quick reply! :D I guess what I am really looking for is, are there "extra" activities scheduled to keep those that want to be occupied? We already have 2 full days at sea and this would make three....

You will get the port charge refund but don't expect much in extra activities-not one of Carnivals strong points. When we simply couldn't dock in San Juan on The Dream, because the ship wouldn't fit, our extra activities included: more trivia games and a scavenger hunt !!!

In general, to be really happy on a cruise you'll probably not want to be someone who needs a lot of scheduled activities. If you like lounging by the pool reading a book, you're going to do fine. If you want an experience like Disney World or Vegas, better go there instead.

On the Dream when we missed San Juan they set up quiite a few extra things to do on very short notice. They did though have to announce them as they didn't have any other way to let people know what the extra activities were. I thought they did a good job at it.....

On a side note to the "OP"......

Things change so quickly in the Caribbean that it could be 90 the day you arrive with completely calm seas and no wind......

Personaly. I couldn't care less if I ever got off the ship. I would love a cruise to no where. I am worried anbout the kiddos being bored and driving me nuts. ;)

You may never see your youngest- my son takes off and joins the "club" and that does that. I noticed that on some ships they have begun a meeting of 18-20 year olds so your eldest has an opportunity to meet people her age. I have to search for my kids- and insist that they check in at dinner at least. You may find that a missed port is not a problem at all.

Archived