Ocho Rios

I know there is a port thread out there but I checked it out and there does not seem to be a lot of activity there. DH and I would like to know if there is anything to do in Ocho Rios besides Dunn River Falls? We would like to try the snorkeling trip and wanted to know if anyone has tried it? TY in advance.:o

We didn't snorkel at Ocho Rios so can't comment on that but another suggestion is to try river tubing. You're driven in a jeep for about 30 minutes so you get to see some of the country side as well. When you get to the drop off point you're given an inner tube, life jacket and small paddle. You float along the river and go down the rapids. You were in small groups so it wasn't crowded like some of the other excursions get. My husband and I loved it and would do it again.

We just returned from NOS in early December. We went outside the pier area, found a cab driver who took us sight seeing for the day. Went to Fern Gully, Mahoe Falls ( MUCH better than Dunn's ), What a View, lunch at Scotchie's, shopped, hung out with locals....$60 for two people. Best day ever. If you would like the name of the driver, send me a pm. Jamaica is what you make of it.

I know there is a port thread out there but I checked it out and there does not seem to be a lot of activity there. DH and I would like to know if there is anything to do in Ocho Rios besides Dunn River Falls? We would like to try the snorkeling trip and wanted to know if anyone has tried it? TY in advance.:o

In 2008 aboard Radiance I asked about a snorkeling excursion in Ocho Rios and was advised that the snorkeling was not very good!

We did Dunns River Falls, but some friends did the tubing and I saw some video from their excursion. They had a blast.

Also, if you have time, visit Jimmy Buffet's Margarittaville right there near the pier. It's a lot of fun. We had a great time there.

I don't know what ship you're on or where else you are going, but Ocho Rios is not known for its snorkeling. If you really want to do an excursion that is not Dunn's River Falls, the river tubing is supposed to be great. I'm not a fan of Ocho Rios at all, but I really enjoyed Dunn's River Falls.

Depending on where else you are going, you might want to try snorkeling there.

ETA: I see you're also stopping at Labadee. I didn't snorkel there, but you may want to do a search on the snorkeling there. It's probably better than Ocho Rios. Have run!

Archived